Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does it seem like bioware is trying to push this out shortly after the new year or are they gonna take the time to properly release it when it is ready?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Does it seem like bioware is trying to push this out shortly after the new year or are they gonna take the time to properly release it when it is ready?
    i'm gonna get bashed for this, because its under the "i heard it from a friend category".

rumor from a friend i work with who knows a guy in touch with EA who says we won't be seeing TOR launch until after March 2011 at the earliest. It fits since Bioware has said the game is launching in spring 2011.

take it with a grain of salt obviously but it looks like EA wants the game to fall into their new fiscal year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    i'm gonna get bashed for this, because its under the "i heard it from a friend category".

rumor from a friend i work with who knows a guy in touch with EA who says we won't be seeing TOR launch until after March 2011 at the earliest. It fits since Bioware has said the game is launching in spring 2011.

take it with a grain of salt obviously but it looks like EA wants the game to fall into their new fiscal year.
    Looking at an April or May of 2011 release date, plenty of time for the Cataclysm buzz to wear off and a couple months after Dead Space 2. So yeah your friend of a friend is pretty much spot on.

[[removed]]

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Well they said you could go through your class story arc solo and get to end game, but you would be missing out on other stuff like group quests, PvP, etc. They said the best gear will come from raiding and the PvP "Warzones"(which are group based instanced PvP zones.) So it's like almost any other game where you can solo to level cap (except FFXI) but once you get to end game, you need to group to do end game content.
    I'm still a bit concerned because of the 'companion' system they mentioned.. if you can use them to even complete group quests.. Idk.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I'm still a bit concerned because of the 'companion' system they mentioned.. if you can use them to even complete group quests.. Idk.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet.
    Well from what I understand, while you can have multiple companions, you can only have one with you at a time. The rest stay on your ship. And I think they said that all the group content was designed around having a full group PLUS their companions. So a full group size is 4, so you would have 8 total including the companions. They said that the companion system is also a way to sort of "fill in the gaps". Say you have a full group, but no healer. Everyone can bring along their healer companions to complete the content. It wouldn't be like having an actual player healing, but it would be enough to get the job done.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Well from what I understand, while you can have multiple companions, you can only have one with you at a time. The rest stay on your ship. And I think they said that all the group content was designed around having a full group PLUS their companions. So a full group size is 4, so you would have 8 total including the companions. They said that the companion system is also a way to sort of "fill in the gaps". Say you have a full group, but no healer. Everyone can bring along their healer companions to complete the content. It wouldn't be like having an actual player healing, but it would be enough to get the job done.
    Aight, that sounds better. Is it known if you can level up these companions, or is it some kind of automatic increase in strength as the master gains levels?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=33345
    Companions:

For more information on Companions click: Here.
    Note: All classes have companions but you do not have to use them if you do not wish too. - Various sources.
    The game combat assumes that you wil be using your Companions, you will be at a disadvantage if you do not use. But you do not have to. - E3 Askajedi June 2010
    There are currently no restrictions on where a companion can be use in TOR - E3 Askajedi June 2010
    Companions are seen in the "hangar", similar to the way that they are in the Mass Effect and Kotor series - E3 Darth Hater June 2010
    Companions are summoned and dismissed at will using the 'Summon Companion' command - Darth Hater Extravaganza
    You will only be allowed to have one companion out at any time. - Multiple reviews
    Quote: 'each class has a completely unique set to of Companions'- IGN May 2010
    The companions are designed to compliment each class they are associated with. - IGN May 2010
    Quote: 'Companion Characters may act as your conscience, and try to influence your decisions. In turn, you will influence them, and change how they develop as the story progresses.' - IGN May 2010
    Your companions, as you progress through the game, will open up unique series of quests and rewards - IGN May 2010
    You will be able to enhance your companions by equipping them with various gear - IGN May 2010
    Quote James Ohlen: Players can change his companion's attitudes and sometimes even his moral leaning. - IGN May 2010
    Quote: James Ohlen: Companions add a lot to a player's combat capabilities. Each companion has a specific role, whether it be additional DPS, tanking, healing or crowd control - IGN May 2010
    Quote: James Ohlen: Players can also equip items to his companion character. This includes standard gear such as armor and weapons. Additionally, what a player equips to his companion can change the companion's behavior - IGN May 2010
    Companions will be able to be customized so that everyone will not be running around with the same Wookiee template etc - PC Gamer UK April 2010
    If grouped with friends, their companions will also interact with you during dialogue scenes as you talk to others - PC Gamer UK April 2010
    If you play a Force class you can get a companion as an Apprentice - Darth Hater Extravaganza
    They will level up as you do - PCGames Translation
    You can NOT allocate your companions abilities or talent points - PCGames Translation

Class Companions:

The following is a known list of the companions, some of these are yet to be shown on the offical fourm list but have been mentioned in interviews and hands on by media:
    Sith Inquisitor
    Khem Val - Dashade - Tank
    Xalek - Kaleesh - DPS
    Sith Warrior
    Vette - Twi'lek - DPS/Support
    Jedi Knight
    T7 - Droid - Support
    Jedi Consular
    Qyzen Fess - Trandoshan - DPS
    There ya go, everything thats released on companions so far.

New Odin
    BG Level

Ty.

That sounds pretty sweet, I wouldn't mind havin my own apprentice.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6398/swinvite.jpg

Projected for a 2011 spring release, and they're announcing beta already. Hmmm.

New Odin
    BG Level

That'll be one long beta indeed.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

They need to stop making prequel/expanded universe canon-if-you-give-Lucas-money shit and RPGs, and make a new X-wing vs TIE game.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6398/swinvite.jpg

Projected for a 2011 spring release, and they're announcing beta already. Hmmm.
    Fucking shit. They'd better send me one for the Imperial Agent >=(

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That sith inquisitor gameplay looked pretty cool. Digging the laser blast blocking with a light saber even while in combat.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

http://www.massively.com/2010/07/02/...ideo/#comments

I did watch the entire video...but I dunno. Looks pretty typical to all the other MMOs released these past few years. Minus the dialog bit though, that I have to say is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    They need to stop making prequel/expanded universe canon-if-you-give-Lucas-money shit and RPGs, and make a new X-wing vs TIE game.
    Yur joking right?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Something still feels off to me with the characters. It's like their feet are too big or something.

I'd also like to see some more gameplay video's that take place outside instead of always on a ship.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trooper leaked gameplay

http://www.leakerz.com/wp/2010/07/10...beta-gameplay/

2nd vid works.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server