FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

is this a different sign up then if you alrdy signed up previously?

Anyways, I know its beta... but my friend got in and was playing yesterday. Said it played like an online Mass Effect, but everything is instanced so it felt like a solo game. What bugged him was that everything was dialogued and you would constantly get stuck in screen's where you had to pick multiple dialogue choices. From the little he played he also said combat was shit and clunky, but it's beta so you can't really judge on any of that stuff. Overall, he wasn't impressed and he said it was "a little fun"

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    everything is instanced so it felt like a solo game.
    Should have just made it a proper online RPG imo.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd be interested in playing this beta but I don't want the same thing to happen to me as did with FF14, where the beta ruined the game itself for me based on the system that was meant to be. I'd rather be surprised upon pickup and judge from there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

not going to be surprised if the game turns into a letdown for most. There has been wayyyy too much hype for the game over the past years, and no company could possibly answer for the amount of attention TOR has been getting from everybody. The upside is because its so hyped up everybody is gonna have it preordered day one, so that will help them. Anything negative will get patched in the first few content patches i'm sure, and hopefully fully fixed. Pretty sure EA has put too much money into this to abandon it 6 months after launch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    I'd be interested in playing this beta but I don't want the same thing to happen to me as did with FF14, where the beta ruined the game itself for me based on the system that was meant to be. I'd rather be surprised upon pickup and judge from there.
    I'd rather play the beta and see if the game is actually worth purchasing. I'm not pre-ordering shit until then.

Anyways, I know its beta... but my friend got in and was playing yesterday. Said it played like an online Mass Effect, but everything is instanced so it felt like a solo game. What bugged him was that everything was dialogued and you would constantly get stuck in screen's where you had to pick multiple dialogue choices. From the little he played he also said combat was shit and clunky, but it's beta so you can't really judge on any of that stuff. Overall, he wasn't impressed and he said it was "a little fun"
    This is exactly my fear and i'm sure i'm not alone. While i have no issue with this when it comes to story and quests, i'm more interested in how open the rest of the game is. Can i explore planets, what are the instances like and hows the PVP?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I'd rather play the beta and see if the game is actually worth purchasing. I'm not pre-ordering shit until then.

This is exactly my fear and i'm sure i'm not alone. While i have no issue with this when it comes to story and quests, i'm more interested in how open the rest of the game is. Can i explore planets, what are the instances like and hows the PVP?
    Not that I would hold back much if i was in the beta, but since I'm not I'll post screens and give info on the game when my friend fills me in. He only played for maybe an hr or two because the servers were so unstable and kept going down..

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Here is some sith inquisitor leaked gameplay

http://leakerz.net/wp/2010/10/21/sta...itor-gameplay/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

i signed up and did the whole test thing for this beta months ago and haven't heard a thing from them lol

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Here is some sith inquisitor leaked gameplay

http://leakerz.net/wp/2010/10/21/sta...itor-gameplay/
    Yep this was the Beta I was in

after watching someone play the beta i've come to a couple conclusions:
    1. graphics are crap, some of the animations are nice but other than that, horrible
    2. boring normal mmo like quest system, go kill x amt of who the hell cares
    3. normal crappy wowish skill trees
    so far nothing to impress me waiting for my friend to get to crafting and space combat, we'll see if that is actually decent or not
    edit: i do like the voice acting much better than reading, however bioware characters have the tendency for never shutting up, so i guess its kinda double edged

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe the beta tests were all set to low settings for testing purposes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah you can't judge an early beta on graphics, but one of the first things I noticed was that the characters (npc and that pc) walk/ run like they have a stick up their ass and their animations suck. But I don't see how you can judge the quest system at intro levels.. Don't think I've ever played a mmo that didn't start off w/kill X amount, ect... Also can't rly judge the UI at this early of an beta, but god damn it's ugly beyond anything put on a mmo.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bioware lifted their press embargo for the game yesterday so a lot of the news sites have put up stories on their time playing the game last month. Torocast.com is the main one I've seen so far with an hour long podcast, six minute interview with Daniel Erickson, and some news stories surrounding their game time including a video of the Consular creating their lightsaber on Tython.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Anyone else have details from the beta? I saw a few places giving out free beta keys but of course the downloads were all taken down and/or the links broken.

where have you been keeping up to date on things like this? I need a key

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They send me emails so I googled/youtube'd around and saw the beta was already underway. They have key generators but I can't find a place to download

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

WAT!! this is huge if they are really starting this like that.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The generators aren't official obviously lol. They started a closed beta but somehow these key generators work and people have gotten in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmNxntyjCtM

Something like that, but the shit doesn't work.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast