Page 13 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

hmmm tempted to try it but my gut tells me its a bad idea

probably just a virus, i'm pretty sure they flag your account on the forum so there is no actual key. i could be wrong though

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Game will be at PAX East this weekend. I know new announcements will be made for sure, so as always, i wish it were friday. Don't think that they'll go so far as to announce beta though. Recent inclusion of the Bounty Hunter healer spec leads me to believe internal testing isn't quite done yet, at least not to a point that its time for larger scale testing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They've made no secret Beta is ongoing already in a recent site update including telling testers that they are allowed to reveal that they are testers but not any information beyond that.

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110225

There the link for the interview right there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    They've made no secret Beta is ongoing already in a recent site update including telling testers that they are allowed to reveal that they are testers but not any information beyond that.

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110225

There the link for the interview right there.
    Thats not beta. Bioware is actually making it a point to correct people that game testing =\= beta testing. The game has been in testing for a while though, there was an official friday update sometime last year that highlighted that testing had begun. To them that testing is pre-beta testing, possibly pre-alpha testing. They'll be sure to let everybody know when the game moves into closed beta though, i'm sure the NDA will be lifted for that given the microscope ToR is under anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.swtor.com/guilds

Guild program pre-launch has started along with what I believe is first confirmation of there being PvE, PvP, and RP servers(could be wrong on it being first confirmation admittedly). The FAQ also seems to indicate that each guild is restricted to one faction so there won't be any mingling between Sith and Jedi in guilds.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The simple fact they are classifying this as pre-launch is driving me insane. Why can't PAX be today /pout

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

New PAX East Trailer

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My question now is was that HK-47 or another variation? He's supposed to return as part of the Revan storyline in that video they showed a while back. The environments look really good so far with those shots of Hoth and I assume Tython was the other one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...er-walkthrough

Dev walkthrough of the Taral V flashpoint with a look from the viewpoints of Smuggler, Trooper, Jedi Guardian, and Jedi Sage. And something about a 300 year old Jedi that is a prisoner of the Sith.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

How is it nobody has gotten info out on this game via testing lol. I guess they just must have extremely loyal fans unlike how it was when FFXIV was in testng. Trailer looked awesome, really excited for this. Something I always wondered, these games take place like 1000 years before the original star wars story? How is it technology was basically exactly the same (same spaceships and all) ;p, I guess it's that good lol

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SWTOR leaks usually end up here

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How is it nobody has gotten info out on this game via testing lol. I guess they just must have extremely loyal fans unlike how it was when FFXIV was in testng. Trailer looked awesome, really excited for this. Something I always wondered, these games take place like 1000 years before the original star wars story? How is it technology was basically exactly the same (same spaceships and all) ;p, I guess it's that good lol
    I've still heard some people complaining about the graphics but to me the world environments I've seen in these videos have looked pretty damn good. Yeah the characters are cartoonish but it seems they're using the same animation that has been used for the Clone Wars cartoon so I'm not to bothered by that personally.

It's actually 3000+ years before the movies. The only thing that can be said on the lack of advancement in design is how much can really be made once you're at the level of building giant starships? Add onto that the large periods of time where there was nothing but peace in the galaxy to the point where at the start of Episode 1 the Republic doesn't even have a standing military and it could simply be a case of the technology not advancing because no one was bothering to research better alternatives due to the lack of a market on the galactic government level.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    i've thought about this, and honestly i think their testing base is small enough to be both controllable and highly exclusive, but large enough to get the data they want. Figure once you get it you aren't going to totally screw yourself over by trying to get screens and other info out. I've also thought about the possibility of some kind of background tracker coming with the test client to detect any kind of screenshots or videos being taken. Beyond all this, you figure the few guys who do end up posting anything will be easy to track and it'll be easy to get those few pics/videos taken down.

But i mean... even if info did get out, what could they possibly tell us that we don't already know? Theres only so much info that is meaningful to people who can't play the game at all. Personally i'd like to know about endgame. I think thats like the only major thing we're missing here. The only mention of endgame from bioware came from one of the Q&As today

No companions in end game raids and flashpoints (Update: "said they pulled companions from endgame raids and flashpoints. He was very specific. Not Warzones. He only mentioned PvE content.")

James Ohlen mentioned that player retention in SWTOR is based on elder game content and re-rolling
    I'm guessing that like everything else in the past it will come in due time. The wait is the worst part though

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If anyone is interested in starting up a guild (as a GM) and wants to be apart of a larger gaming community, I am taking applications for that position for our tentative SW:TOR guild. I have a thread up on mmorpg.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...310000#4130001 and a blog post on my community's website: Seeking SW:TOR GM

I'll put the message in spoilers too for those not interested in going off-site:
    Spoiler: show
    Are you looking for a chance to continue your greatness as a leader in a MMORPG? The Impact Gaming Community (IGC) is now considering players for the position of Guild Leader. Yes, the head honcho, the big cheese.

IGC is a group of about ninety adults that love MMOs. We are PvE oriented, and know our stuff. Our players are top-notch and we only accept the best of the best into the guilds within our community. Currently we have a FFXIV guild, Neutral Impact, and a Rift guild, Violent Impact. We have tentatively reserved the name "Force Impact" for this potentially new chapter (the name is still a work in progress and may be changed by the GM).

However we are in need of a full-time guild master. Normally it would not be our policy to recruit leaders outside of our gaming community, but the community had fantastic success doing as such with Rift. Maveric, the Rift GM, built his guild from the ground up with just a handful of members and it is now 40 members strong and at the top of Keenblade server!

As the Community Manager, applications must be sent directly to me, and I would prefer them in resume form, however I am flexible in this regard. That said, our ideal candidate possesses at least the following qualities:

Core Requirements
    MMORPG years played: 4-5+ years, at least two titles
    Raiding Experience: 3 years minimum (please include specific all experience and progression)
    Leadership Experience: 2 years minimum
    Team Player: MUST, not negotiable
    Age 25+ preferred, mature individual
    Good writing skills are REQUIRED

Admin Requirements
    Experience with loot distribution/points systems/theory behind these concepts
    DKP experience a BIG plus (ZeroSum, EP/GP specifically--as guild leader you will have some flexibility to decide system however)
    phpBB admin experience is a plus
    Teamspeak3 admin experience is a plus

Responsibilities/Duties
    Maintenance of forum sections for SW:TOR (moderating, moving threads, etc.)
    Overseeing Recruitment (assisting recruitment team sort applications)
    Appointing SW:TOR leaders as needed
    Maintaining news pages for SW:TOR on forums
    Frontpage posting (guild progress updates, raid successes, etc.)
    DKP maintenance/point entry (if needed)
    Miscellaneous: other tasks required

Please note our guild is interested in PvE content primarily, however we understand that to achieve maximum immersion in the Star Wars universe, PvP may be required and we are open to that! We have not settled on a faction just yet, and it would be the GM's task to work on that before opening recruitment.
    -----
    If you are interested in this position, please contact me at your earliest convenient. The guild master is a big job, but is supported by at least one other leader always, but two preferably. As Community Manager I will make sure you have the maximum amount of resources needed to achieve the goal of building a new chapter within our gaming community!!!

For further details, please email us: [email protected] and we will reply to your inquiry as soon as possible. Please include your name, location (timezone), best way to contact you, and all the above information.Serious applicants ONLY please.

Thank you for your time in this matter everyone, and special thanks to the BG team for allowing us a space to post this in,

Grey Jorildyn
    IGC Manager
    http://www.impact-gaming.us

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The Taral V walkthrough is pretty impressive:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

yeah its pretty nice, ending is pure torture though though, "Come check it out in game!"; FUUUUUUUUUUUUU /rageface

But yeah, I like how they are taking their time and going the polished beta route rather than rushing it into closed beta with buggy gameplay and broken dialogue. It'll be better in the long run. Based off a lot of the info from PAX it looks like they need to look at player feedback for a lot of the things before they can publish information on it and call it final. This answer was given for more questions than i was expecting, but i don't know how they are gonna handle getting the info they need. They could stay with their F&F testing now and not have to worry about leaked info at all, or they could go into closed beta to get more feedback but risk a lot of features getting leaked that aren't final.

On a side note, i think Bioware/EA is handling publicity for the game wrong. They keep touting the game as being the 'the first fully voiced MMO'. This resonates terribly with existing MMO players, making it seem like all of those WoW quests are going to be read for you and you're gonna have to sit there and listen. A better and more accurate way to advertise it would be something like, "We put your Mass Effect in our Star Wars MMO. Come Play!". Game is gonna rock so hard when people finally get to play it though, and word of mouth through closed beta would benefit Bioware tremendously.

Do want though. Like a whole fing lot.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

They have huge forums where they take discussion, feedback, suggestions, etc. There are a lot of posts per day and mods lurk quite a bit from what I've seen. I think they're hearing the players well enough. Whether they're listening to them or not is another story.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So Troopers are the tanks? That's kinda weird.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast