Closed Thread
Page 17 of 217 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

My friend and I were in the very first tests they had. Not sure how many they have had, because it was easily one of the worst games I ever played and we stopped at that.

don't shatter my dreams of being a jedi

Relic Horn
    BG Level

This game looks embarrassing. Those game play videos are almost funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    YOU LOOK EMBARASSING.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I doubt this new beta test is gonna be a reworking on the combat... the teaster previews and stuff they have shown makes me believe its made as much of a battle content change as XIV did from alpha to beta. i.e: basically nothing

BG Level

The alpha we played was almost a full game (as are most alphas). Beta tests are usually the only thing lacking or restricted.

Never, ever, expect a game to change drastically from alpha/beta > retail. The only things that change are menu options, window capacities, mob spawn rates, quest bugs, and similar functions.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Did you get to see the healing rockets, Welt?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

pretty sure its just trendy for BGers to hate on this game. At least in this game when i'm fully geared i'll also be fully clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Your shitty MMO has its own thread. stay there.

BG Level

I've actually played them both, and I can assure you, one is excellent while the other is absolutely....not.

Note: As a disclaimer, I am a harsh critic with...almost everything in life. It takes a lot for me to consider a videogame excellent, and not a lot for me to consider it awful. Very easily could many BG people think SW was a good MMO.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

And one game is past retail release (at least in one region) and the other one you played was well over a year away from launch when you did. What do you think is gonna be better?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    pretty sure its just trendy for BGers to hate on this game. At least in this game when i'm fully geared i'll also be fully clothed.
    I don't think the general BG population is trying to hate the game, it's given ppl no reason to like the game. The overwhelming feedback from the first test has been extremely negative. People just haven't liked what they have seen / played and nothing makes it stand out. Sitting in multi-choice dialogue is also great for single player, but when your in a mmo do you want to be sitting in dialogue for every single quest, having to make multiple different choices for everything? It's gonna be more tedious then it will be fun once the novelty wears off.

Give me some evidence of something that looks good about the game.

Spoiler: show
    healing rocket's don't count

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Personally, as a huge Mass Effect fan i'm looking forward to the dialogue conversations and story. Considering Drew Karpyshyn is a lead writer on the game, its gonna be top quality story with some hefty decisions that need to be made. Aside from that, i'm also looking forward to a step away from the fantasy genre of MMOs. I think the sci-fi setting is gonna be a real breath of fresh air.

People have asked the devs what the people who got to 50 in 2 days in Rift might think of ToR, given the heavy story elements, and the response was something along the lines of "they are not the droids were looking for".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

People have asked the devs what the people who got to 50 in 2 days in Rift might think of ToR, given the heavy story elements, and the response was something along the lines of "they are not the droids were looking for".
    odd comment.

BG Level

Fine by me, I generally don't care for MMOs where you level fast. Coming from EQ1, I think Rift/WoW are way too easy. I welcome the long grind, but only if the game is GOOD.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Really, given how motivated and driven the devs are to make a good game i'd be surprised if they ended up shipping garbage. They keep reiterating again and again how valuable the testing feedback is, they aren't just ignoring it the way SE did with 14 when it was in alpha. They are making good use of their time, or at least it sounds like they are.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I don't think the general BG population is trying to hate the game, it's given ppl no reason to like the game. The overwhelming feedback from the first test has been extremely negative. People just haven't liked what they have seen / played and nothing makes it stand out. Sitting in multi-choice dialogue is also great for single player, but when your in a mmo do you want to be sitting in dialogue for every single quest, having to make multiple different choices for everything? It's gonna be more tedious then it will be fun once the novelty wears off.

Spoiler: show
    healing rocket's don't count

This is me in a nutshell. I was neutral with the game for a long time until I heard about healing rockets. I understand the need for talent trees and whatnot when you're doing a WoW-style game, but healing rockets? Seriously? I just can't get over it, because I know they're going to have to butcher the lore to make it work, and when you're dealing with an established lore when making a MMO and not building the lore from the ground up, you can't slash it up with a fucking cleaver.

Dialogue conversations are great and all, but is that really enough for people to suddenly just love the game? Over the graphics? Over the gameplay? Over the healing rockets?!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

As good as everything else may be, it needs to have some good / innovative combat to back it up. I'm not saying its a combat is a WoW clone (haven't seen enough of it or cared to listen to the feedback enough), but it needs to be more than that also. Look at rift, its a WoW-combat clone and ppl got bored really fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Dialogue conversations are great and all, but is that really enough for people to suddenly just love the game? Over the graphics? Over the gameplay? Over the healing rockets?!
    This is me also. Making leveling long by throwing in artificial dialogue you have to sit through / make choices over isn't a great choice. I hope I'm proven wrong. But I remember reading that what the dev's like most about the game is the dialogue and sound. They have spent 300mil on this game and thats what they are most proud of? I hope it's a lie. I hope there is more to the game then just that and a WoW-style combat system.

The game has fuckin lightsabers. I better be able to deflect enemy healing rockets and slice them up before they heal their team mates. I better be able to deflect bullets and pewpew beams w/o it being a stat that increases "dodge" change and thats what makes you able to deflect stuff. I just don't see how this type of a mmo can live up to its name w/o being an action game

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They haven't said anything about how Bounty Hunters and Troopers will go about their healing. A strong part of me says healing rockets isn't going to be it (although i wouldn't turn them down either).

What i've heard from the more recent builds that fan sites got to play, was that combat was slower paced, at least in PvP. Enemies come in certain types, they expanded it beyond just Elite and everything else. Forget all the categories, but weak enemies will be able to be flown around and knocked down by some abilities, while the same ability wouldn't be able to for a standard enemy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Your shitty MMO has its own thread. stay there.
    Seriously? None of these MMOs are ours so relax a little. This game is garbage, and the other shitty MMO you are talking about is light years beyond this. No comparison was made to begin with so stay fly, my friend. Stay fly.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wait, so are we complaining about healing rockets or acknowledging that healing rockets sound pretty fuckin awesome?

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 217 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast