BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Might consider jumping in before the two year anniversary.

Should I continue with my Lvl 50 characters or just redo the whole experience with a F2P character. Is content still easy to get?
    Ya its still easy to get through... i think right now is a double exp weekend

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We just had three consecutive double xp weekends, wrapping up tonight. Not sure if we will see any for a while now, but they've been nice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    We just had three consecutive double xp weekends, wrapping up tonight. Not sure if we will see any for a while now, but they've been nice.
    Ya kinda taken a break on Swtor... but not sure i'll ever go back because FFXIV spoiled me on playing a game that isnt buggy like swtor is half the time... and its in fucking beta.

I do miss shot gunning people in the back in pvp tho.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone been playing the Gree event? I like it except for all the PVP ganking I play on a PVE server for a reason. Nothing worse than doing your objective minding your own damn business when 4 guys break stealth and backstab you to mush before you can even hit a button.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyone been playing the Gree event? I like it except for all the PVP ganking I play on a PVE server for a reason. Nothing worse than doing your objective minding your own damn business when 4 guys break stealth and backstab you to mush before you can even hit a button.
    Gree Event makes me sad because I was expecting more rewards (Legacy bound knife for example) and instead there is 1 new item that is a HM Xeno drop.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

2.3 Update "Titans of Industry" is available today. Two new flashpoints, a new daily area, new bazaar area on the fleet, Tauntaun mounts (!) on Hoth, and new Ewok companion. Bounty Hunter monthly event will begin next week.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Tauntaun mounts (!) Everywhere
    Fixed. You made it sound like they were only usable on Hoth. They are just obtained there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Refer-a-friend program introduced
    BioWare has a launched a new incentive for Star Wars: The Old Republic, in which subscribers will earn a Battle Droid pet, Cartel Coins, and the Kurtob Alliance Speeder if they get a friend to sign up or return to the game. The referred friend also gets a few perks: new subs receive the Jumpstart Bundle for faster levelling; previous subs receive seven days of subscription access, one Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account, and the Preferred Friends Bundle with special convenience and customization unlocks.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/10/swto...tle-droid-pet/
    http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130808

New perks for bringing people back is pretty cool. Alot of games require it to be a new player, so adding in bringing back an old player makes it easier. I know i would have had alot more Recruit-a-friends on wow had people been able to use there old accounts to do it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Bounty Hunter event is going on this week. It's kinda cool as long as you avoid the starter planets which are PACKED. Of course the Boba Fett helmet requires max reputation to buy, lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Teaser video of their "secret space project" is out. It looks like off the rails space combat. Maybe space PVP? Hard to tell.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion is now free for subscribers.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Come Back campaign
    Starting September 12, when you rejoin the battle, you will be immediately rewarded with the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 500 Bonus Cartel Coins so you can continue your adventure up to Level 55 free of charge and be well equipped for your new adventure! Plus, reactivate your subscription through October 20, 2013, and receive the JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet, and JA-3 Subversive Speeder for rejoining the battle!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Update 2.4 brought a new planet called Oricon. New daily area, new gear, and 2 new operations that supposedly wrap up the Dread Masters story arc. I haven't done it so I'm not certain but that seems to be the indication.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New Digital Expansion: SPAAAAAAAAACE COOOOOOOOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

BIOWARE UNVEILS GALACTIC STARFIGHTER, THE NEXT DIGITAL EXPANSION FOR STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™

The Galactic War between the Republic and Empire Takes to the Skies with Epic 12v12 Space Battles

Subscribe by November 1 to Secure Early Gunship Unlock and Custom Gunship Paint Jobs

AUSTIN, Texas – Oct. 8, 2013 – Join the battle and customize the ultimate starship to become a legendary Starfighter pilot in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ universe! Today, BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), and LucasArts announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic is adding Player-vs-Player (PvP) combat in the Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter. With a variety of unique starships, a wide set of customization and upgrade options, multiple battle zones and gameplay modes, Galactic Starfighter brings the thrill of epic 12v12 space battles to Star Wars: The Old Republic for the first time.

Active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscribers will be offered Early Access starting December 3 and Preferred Status Players* on January 14. Galactic Starfighter will be offered as a Free-to-Play Digital Expansion available to the public beginning on February 4. Each group will also receive special in-game items as part of this Early Access opportunity (detailed below). As a special benefit, active subscribers as of November 1 will receive an exclusive Galactic Starfighter early Gunship unlock and custom Gunship paint jobs.**

“Our goal with Star Wars: The Old Republic has always been to immerse players into their own Star Wars adventure and huge space battles are a vital part of fulfilling that fantasy,” said Jeff Hickman, General Manager of BioWare Austin. “Galactic Starfighter will be a deep experience that will continue to grow over time. We can’t wait for both our current and new players to get their hands on it soon.”

Players who subscribe to Star Wars: The Old Republic by November 1 will receive an exclusive Galactic Starfighter early Gunship unlock and custom Gunship paint jobs. Starting December 3, subscribers are eligible to receive special reward items along with the Early Access opportunity.

Subscriber Early Access Rewards (Subscriber Early Access opens December 3, 2013)

Early Access to Galactic Starfighter on December 3
    Exclusive Paint Jobs***
    Two Pilot Suits
    Two Titles (“Test Pilot” and “First Galactic Starfighter”)
    Subscribers get the maximum leveling and progression benefit (a Starfighter Pass will also be available for purchase in the Cartel Market beginning January 14)

Preferred Status players will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Starfighter on January 14
    Two Pilot Suits
    Exclusive Title (“Test Pilot”)

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a Free-to-Play, award-winning MMO set thousands of years before the classic Star Wars movies. Players team up with friends online to fight in heroic battles between the Republic and Empire, exploring a galaxy of vibrant planets and experiencing visceral Star Wars combat. Now players can experience the complete storylines of the eight iconic Star Wars classes, all the way to Level 50 without having to pay a monthly fee. The Free-to-Play option complements the existing subscription offering, providing greater flexibility in how to experience Star Wars: The Old Republic.

For more information on the Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter, please visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.co...ic-starfighter. Join the conversation by visiting the official Community Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages. For additional press assets, please visit http://info.ea.com.

* Players gain Preferred Status by purchasing anything from the online store. Former Subscribers are automatically Preferred Status players. To qualify, a player must gain Preferred Status between January 14, 2014 and February 3, 2014 (Prior to the official public launch on February 4, 2014). The offer ends February 3, 2014 at 11:59PM PST / February 4, 2014, 7:59AM GMT.

** Subscribers as of November 1, 2013 receive the Early Gunship Unlock and Custom Gunship Paint Jobs. To qualify, a player must be a subscriber on or before November 1, 2013, 11:59PM PDT / November 2, 2013, 7:59AM GMT.

*** Early Gunship Role Unlock is offered only to Subscribers who qualify and is available in-game beginning December 3, 2013. Gunship Role is permanently unlocked in-game January 14, 2014. Subscribers between December 3, 2013 and January 13, 2014 (Prior to the launch of Preferred Status Early Access on January 14, 2013), are eligible to receive special items including exclusive Starship Paint Jobs for the Scout and for the Strike Fighter.
    TL;DR version: PVP space combat, up to 12 vs. 12. It's free for everyone. Subscribers get access in the beginning of December, F2P gets it in mid January.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Above press release now tied to Come Back Campaign

Anyone know of a private server for swtor? miss the game..f2p sucks and dont feel like resubbing

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can now purchase Cartel Coins in-game instead of from the website, and you get 50% off your first in-game purchase until November 30th. Buuuuuuuuuut there is some bullshit involved.

To be able to purchase in-game (and get your discount), you have to first go to the website and login and note on your account that in-game purchases are authorized. THEN you have to make a purchase of Cartel Coins *from the website using CC only, no Pay Pal allowed* at REGULAR price. From there, you can then make the purchase in-game for your 50% discount. I'll pass.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Promo video & Ship Designs

Art & Caps
    Spoiler: show

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

the new space pvp is actually really fun. The only complaint I have is that I can't use my Saitek.