Closed Thread
Page 198 of 217 FirstFirst ... 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Double XP for the Thanksgiving weekend. Started today and ends Sunday.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tried the space combat yesterday. I have no clue what I am doing but it seemed kind of fun at least.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Two new Expansions to be released this year
    Star Wars: The Old Republic developer BioWare has confirmed that the MMO will receive two new DLC expansions in 2014.

It comes from this official blog post (which is down as the SWTOR site is currently undergoing maintenance), in which senior producer Bruce Maclean wrote, “Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.”

He added that SWTOR will receive new bug-fixes on a three week basis, and should see substantial new updates every nine weeks. New expansions aside, there’s also a range of PVP seasons, dungeons, raids, items and much more on the way too.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/04/star...sions-in-2014/
    http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20140203

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Player Housing Announced

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I started playing again ( waiting for Wildstar ) and rolling a Smuggler (Scoundrel healer) and loving the smuggler storyline so far.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

raiding DP HM currently. nothing like HOLY SHIT hard, but being in a group full of, well, idiots slows down progress. Not a bad experience though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mog houses for everyone!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20140319

Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ REVEALS BRAND-NEW DIGITAL EXPANSION, GALACTIC STRONGHOLDS

Get Ready to Customize Your Personal Strongholds and Launch Your Guild Flagships!

AUSTIN, Texas – Mar. 19, 2014 – Today, BioWare™, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), and LucasArts announced Galactic Strongholds, a new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, coming this summer. Galactic Strongholds will allow players to show off their own personal style and expand their influence by acquiring and customizing personal Strongholds.

To celebrate the announcement of the Digital Expansion, all Subscribers as of April 2, 2014, will receive 500 Bonus Cartel Coins and all Subscribers as of May 4, 2014, will receive 1,000 Bonus Cartel Coins.*

Subscribers as of May 11, 2014, receive special rewards* including Early Access on June 24, 2014, along with a luxurious Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with three rooms already unlocked (valued at 1,500,000 credits). Preferred Status Players gain Early Access on July 29 and Galactic Strongholds will be offered to the public as a Free-to-Play Digital Expansion in August.

In Galactic Strongholds, players can live on multiple planets and choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of the faction’s capital world, live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa, or both by owning multiple Strongholds. Hundreds of unique decorations will be available for players to express their own personal style, as well as to boost their Prestige score to compete for top ranking in the Stronghold Directory. Friends can be invited and transported to a player’s Stronghold from any in-game location to socialize. At official launch, Guilds will also be able to launch powerful Guild Flagships where members can meet, plan, and strategize for their next adventure.

Subscribers as of April 2nd will receive:

500 Bonus Cartel Coins

Subscribers as of May 4th will receive:

1,000 Bonus Cartel Coins

Subscribers as of May 11th will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24
    Luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold with three additional rooms unlocked (Value: 1,500,000 Credits)
    Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”
    Character Title: “The Illustrious”

Subscribers beginning June 24th will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24
    Luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold Unlocked (Value: 250,000 Credits)

Preferred Status Players beginning July 29 will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on July 29

Players gain Preferred Status by purchasing anything from the online store. Former Subscribers are automatically Preferred Status players. Former players can rejoin the game by visiting the MySWTOR section.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a Free-to-Play, award-winning MMO set thousands of years before the classic Star Wars™ movies. Players team up with friends online to fight in heroic battles between the Republic and Empire, exploring a galaxy of vibrant planets and experiencing visceral Star Wars combat. Now players can experience the complete storylines of the eight iconic Star Wars classes, all the way to Level 50 without having to pay a monthly fee. The Free-to-Play option complements the existing subscription offering, providing greater flexibility in how to experience Star Wars: The Old Republic.

For more information on the Digital Expansion, Galactic Strongholds, please visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.co...ic-strongholds. Join the conversation by visiting the official Community Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages. For additional press assets, please visit http://info.ea.com.
    My immediate thought is that this is just something to get people to spend money on Cartel Coins for to "customize" their house, but who knows.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Even though I will be playing Wildstar, I'll probably still stay subbed so I can get the early access and bonus CC. I'm a sucker for SWTOR, no matter how bad it could be.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So is the F2P model for whatever they called the pre-F2P subscribers/buyers decent now? I had purchased the digital CE version at launch and subbed a few months, so would suck if I have to shell out cash to do something like use hotbars.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    So is the F2P model for whatever they called the pre-F2P subscribers/buyers decent now? I had purchased the digital CE version at launch and subbed a few months, so would suck if I have to shell out cash to do something like use hotbars.
    If you were ever a paid subscriber, or were F2P but spent at least $5 on the cartel market, you get preferred player status. For the benefits of sub/preferred/f2p, reference the chart on this page. http://www.swtor.com/free/features

To answer your question about hotbars, F2P can access 2, preferred players can access 4, and subs can access 6.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

k doubt i'll need more than 4. apparently I have 2 years worth of free cartel coins due to having a registered security token, so I bought rocket boots I~III and some account wide inventory and cargo hold space. something else too but i don't remember. anything else i should get with coins or am I set?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

GCN Terminal on your ship helps some. I also bought the astromech droid to sell junk to.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Definitely get the upgrade that speeds up the return time of your companion when you sell junk. Though you might just be better off buying that with credits instead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hi there!

We are very excited to release Game Update 2.7: Invasion today. We believe this game update captures some of the key elements that make Star Wars™ special: the struggle between galactic factions; engaging in dangerous and difficult trials that push you to the limits of your abilities; and being part of an epic storyline. Read on for highlights from this major update!

A new story arc begins with Forged Alliances: Part I, which includes two new level 55 Tactical Flashpoints: Assault on Tython and Korriban Incursion. This epic new storyline for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ introduces two major characters – Theron Shan and Lana Beniko. The three part story will continue to be expanded throughout the year culminating in an incredible finale.

Quesh Huttball Pit, a new warzone, is available for play! Baron Deathmark hosts the latest Huttball match on the toxic planet Quesh. Join the warzone queue and go berserk!

Dread Fortress: Nightmare Mode. Even greater horrors await those who wish to challenge the bastion of the Dread Masters at the extreme Nightmare difficulty setting, and even greater rewards in the form of new Dread Touched equipment!

New Galactic Starfighter Domination Map: Denon Exosphere! A space battle featuring massive Capital Ships is ongoing in the exosphere of the ecumenopolis Denon. Wreckage from the battle is scattered around the area as forces fight to control a strategic space station. This map features two permanent spawn points for each team, adding more strategic spawning and attack possibilities.

The End of PvP Season 1! Characters that had a qualifying rating will be mailed their rewards. Giradda congratulates the winners and looks forward to the bloodshed in Season 2! Season 2 will start soon but the Ranked Arenas are still available for you and your team to prepare for the next season. At the end of the PvP Season is also a great opportunity to make broader class updates, and we’ve done that. See the patch notes for all the gory details!

Besides all of the above, Game Update 2.7 also includes a plethora of bug fixes, and other items like Bolster improvements, new Cartel Market offerings, Item Ratings tooltips, craftable Dreadforged Gear, new ‘Brutalizer’ tier of Ranked PvP gear, Warzone improvements, separated Hard and Nightmare mode lockouts, and more!

See you on Tython and Korriban!

Bruce Maclean
    Senior Producer
    http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140408
    http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4820...e-2.7-invasion > Full patch notes

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The new flash points are pretty fun. Good ol' Republic vs. Empire goodness. Also, Bounty Hunter Week is back and this upcoming weekend is double XP.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

So is this game actually even worth playing as F2P? Sounds like there's completely insane restrictions on stuff like PvP and gear making it unplayable, but I wouldn't mind another game to kill some time with.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Only if you really want to check out the story (which is the only unrestricted thing) otherwise no

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Been leveling a smuggler and sith assassin, and the new patch is pretty fun. Ran my Jedi Shadow tank through the Korriban FP, and have to say I was impressed by it. Looking forward to see how they continue the story.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    So is this game actually even worth playing as F2P? Sounds like there's completely insane restrictions on stuff like PvP and gear making it unplayable, but I wouldn't mind another game to kill some time with.
    If you just want to play through the single player story and not really mess with PVP or endgame raids, f2p is fine. You'll obviously have more advantages as a sub, but completing your class quests as f2p is not difficult. If you have any inclinations to get into raiding or PVP, you'll definitely want to sub. Reference this page for the sub/preferred/f2p comparisons on benefits.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Subscriber Player Housing delayed to August 19th, Date to qualify extended to July 15th
    Star Wars: The Old Republic’s early access to the Galactic Strongholds expansion has been delayed, according to a letter from senior producer Bruce Maclean on the official website. According to Maclean, subscriber early access has been moved from June 24 to August 19 so the development team at Bioware can add more features such as a Tatooine Homestead stronghold, and more. The deadline for early access rewards has also been expanded to July 15.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/23/swto...holds-delayed/
    http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20140423

If you are a sub on the old EA Date, May 11th, you'll be given the following as a thank you (compensation);

• Exclusive Subteroth minipet (delivered in Update 2.7.2)
    • Two Character Titles “The Intrepid” (delivered in Update 2.7.2) and “The Illustrious” (delivered in Game Update 2.9)
    • A sprawling Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with five additional rooms unlocked
    • Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"