Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You're limited to the job you choose, but subscribers can respec the ability sub-classes.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Respec as in reassign points, but not actually change your advanced class?

I keep reading/hearing about something you can buy from the Cartel Market that lets you respect, but I can't seem to find it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Correct. Advanced class is a one-time choice.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thank you, one more question. Are Cartel Market purchases attached to the account or the character? I.e., can my purchases be used across multiple characters on the account or just the one that I was on when I bought it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Just the one you are using at the moment. I think you can buy more and leave them unclaimed to claim them on another character. Some of the items from the crates are bound to the character for 2 days and are then able to be moved to a different character. I recommend purchasing player housing that you can share as soon as you can afford it. It comes with legacy storage so you can swap items between characters easier. I have Nar Shadar housing so I can swap items, among other uses, between characters regardless of Imp or Repub. I also have homeword housing for shits and giggles.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Most cartel items are bound to the character that buys it, but you can kind of cheat a bit with color crystals and armoring/mods/enhancements. You'll need a weapon or armor piece that is "Bound to Legacy", which are most easily picked up during the Gree event, though I think there are a few others out there. Attach whatever mods you want to the weapon/armor, then either put it in legacy storage or mail it to your other character. Your other character can then rip out the crystal or mods and use them for their own purposes.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is the FE expansion for subscribers only or can F2P players purchase it like previous expansions? The main info page only says "subscribe now" (which might be my answer)

EDIT:

I never played WoW but people liken this move to Cataclysm. I don't know much about Cataclysm either other than the world map changed etc. Is this new content voiding all old stuff? Or after I reach a certain point everything changes?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You get a free month of sub for buying it. I think.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's free, first 9 missions are free to everyone, subs get access to the rest over time. From what I understand, they're changing everything. All the story lines will be modified.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's exciting. I'm gonna try to finish current content before it releases but I'll probably fail.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    It's exciting. I'm gonna try to finish current content before it releases but I'll probably fail.
    Hah, this was my idea exactly. But oh well. I have a male sith inquisitor and a female sith warrior and have been playing then in tandem pretty much. In hindsight I wish I had reversed the gender rolls for the classes but not going to bother starting over.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Hah, this was my idea exactly. But oh well. I have a male sith inquisitor and a female sith warrior and have been playing then in tandem pretty much. In hindsight I wish I had reversed the gender rolls for the classes but not going to bother starting over.
    I have some guy who uses two lightsabers. He's p cool. I can probably finish my Agent off before the expansion hits. He's at about 40.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hm, seems we start at lvl 60 for this new one? Perhaps I will reassess my gender/class choices if that's the case.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's free for subs only. Non subs cannot get it. You are given one level 60 character (provided you have an available character slot) right off the bat to play around with. You can choose to take your existing characters through if you want but they will go thru the Cataclysm event and the game will be substantially changed for that character afterwards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

What's the date on the hammer dropping?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Okay another question, this time about Legacy. So as near as I can tell, this means I can make a last name that I can use across multiple characters on an account right? If I set up a Legacy, and then use the change name option from the Hutt Cartel, can I change my name to one that's already being used? I.e. one that I couldn't use for my character when I first made him because someone else had used it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

So this game has a referral program that gives some pretty nice loot to both the referrer and the referred (you'll often see these spammed in general chat on homeworld & fleet). Here is a explanation;

The Referred (The person who's referral code is being used) gets: (Assuming you sub or are a sub)
    A mount for the first time, then pets for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
    Also a 600 Cartel Coin Grant

The Referee (The person who is entering the referral code) gets: (Whether or not you sub or are a sub)
    7 Free Days play time (of Subscriber status)
    Free Character Transfer
    Preferred Access Kit
    - Display Titles
    - Unify Colors
    - 3rd Crew Assignment Skill Slot
    - 1 Free Inventory Module
    To get the ball rolling, here is my code - http://www.swtor.com/r/Q7r7xy

To find yours, go to My SWTOR > My Account > Refer a Friend

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Okay another question, this time about Legacy. So as near as I can tell, this means I can make a last name that I can use across multiple characters on an account right? If I set up a Legacy, and then use the change name option from the Hutt Cartel, can I change my name to one that's already being used? I.e. one that I couldn't use for my character when I first made him because someone else had used it?
    As far as I know, Legacy names are required to be unique for the server. If you can't select it initially because it is taken, I don't think you'll be able to change it to that later.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    As far as I know, Legacy names are required to be unique for the server. If you can't select it initially because it is taken, I don't think you'll be able to change it to that later.
    This is correct, but if the name you wanted has been purged or deleted, you can try for it again.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I got my character to 20, and I'm starting to realize how seriously crippled I am as a f2player. I spent some money on cartel coins so I can expand my inventory and buy additional hotbars, and I thought that would be enough. But with the apparently nerfed exp gain past 20, limitations on warzones (which are REALLY fun) and other activities, the unavailability of some gear, etc... I'm starting to wonder if this game is really worth playing as f2p. I was hoping to avoid subscriptions as I'm already paying for three accounts in other games, but yeah. Damn fun game though.