Closed Thread
Page 215 of 217 FirstFirst ... 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Month and months ago, people were crying that their favorite companion wasn't back yet or were cut from the story because they weren't back. Hard to believe people just didn't see that there was going to be a follow up expansion to KoTFE in which said companions would return. What better way for BW to keep your money than to push back the return of fan favorites.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quick question: When my nephew and I eventually reach +50 story stuff (so Hutt and onward) can I just help him complete it and not be held back in some way? By this I mean, iirc we can't both complete missions simultaneously. So we'd have to do them once with him as lead, then me. I really don't want to waste that kind of time and would rather just help him, but I don't want to get locked out of something farther down the road.

The only stumbling block I can think of is KotFE.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Signed in last night. Apparently had some cartel coins. Bought a couple 5 packs. Ended up getting a Defiant Vented Lightsaber in my first box. Apparently they're worth like 50 mil on GTN? LoL

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Signed in last night. Apparently had some cartel coins. Bought a couple 5 packs. Ended up getting a Defiant Vented Lightsaber in my first box. Apparently they're worth like 50 mil on GTN? LoL
    Bahahahaha.

I need to login and blow all my cartel coins. I probably have 10k or so at this point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Neat. I finished the KOTFE story, felt the ending was meh because once again Bioware promises BIG CHOICES but it's all illusion of choice because they are gonna tell the story they want to tell and bring you along for the ride. Makes sense that I couldn't do what I wanted to do because they have a new expansion coming with many of the same characters. I did, however, get to finally kill a certain awful companion after almost five damn years of wanting him dead, so that was neat.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't find many of the new companions entertaining or interesting unfortunately, so maybe that'll change with this new expansion. Still there are just so many to choose from now with the additional promise of more returning original companions that I doubt I'll care again anyway. :/

@Anoat- You'd think everyone who plays this game by now would understand how Bioware works when it comes to choices. They hyped "your choices matter" over and over during the big plug for KotFE but it mounted to little deviation from the story as usual because they are locked into a MMO world which needs to fall into a certain constant due to player base.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp, the story from all nine KOTET chapters has been leaked in a data mine, there is a big thread about it on the SWTOR reddit if anyone cares to spoil themselves. That certainly didn't take long.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

From Eric Musco--
    Hey folks,

We are going to be hosting our first KOTET livestream on Monday, October 17th at 2PM Pacific (4PM Central). We will talking through the recent Eternal Throne announcement, going through an overview of the new Galactic Command system, and more. Join Ben, Charles, and myself as we kick off our first Eternal Throne livestream.

When: Monday, October 17th
    When: 2PM Pacific (4PM Central)
    Where: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor

-eric

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Welp, the story from all nine KOTET chapters has been leaked in a data mine, there is a big thread about it on the SWTOR reddit if anyone cares to spoil themselves. That certainly didn't take long.
    I found the thread and read it since I am minimally invested in this game. I wonder if this is the final expansion or if there will be more? Seems like a good way to end things but too many loose ends on major companions still MIA.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161017

Developer Blogs
    Galactic Command Overview

Galactic Command is a brand new progression system coming in Star Wars™: The Old Republic’s™ newest expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. Premium players (subscribers) who have reached Level 70 can access Galactic Command from anywhere! This system puts everything in the universe at your fingertips, accessible through one interface. With every battle you face, including Warzones, Operations, new erupting action-packed Uprisings, you earn Command Rank, unlocking increasingly more powerful rewards and impacting the balance between light and dark side forces galaxy-wide.

Galactic Command – Power at Your Fingertips
    To access the Galactic Command interface, simply press CTRL+G by default, or you can click the Galactic Command icon which is located at the top of your screen. With the interface open, you will see that you are now able to queue for Daily/Heroic Missions, Story Chapters, Flashpoints, Uprisings, Operations, PvP Warzones, and Galactic Starfighter (Space PvP battles). Galactic Command offers three Difficulty modes, Story, Veteran and Master , in most of the combat missions. If your chosen mission offers the ability to choose your level of difficulty, you will see a toggle you can access to set your chosen Difficulty level. The exception is Operations which you can only play in story mode when accessed through the Galactic Command interface. However, you can still access them normally in Veteran and Master difficulty.

Galactic Command offers access to all of your favorite activities along with a new Command Bonus every day, making it worthwhile to play something new each day! When an activity has a Command Bonus, you earn bonus Command Experience points each time you play. Be sure to check back each day to see which activity has a Command Bonus.

Command Rank
    Earning Command Rank is achieved by playing almost any activity in the game. Every time you play, you earn Command Experience points which increases your Command Rank, earning you rewards in the form of new Command Crates. The Command Experience Points you earn are based on a few factors: the difficulty of the activity (Story, Veteran, Master), how many players are required, and how long it takes to complete. For example, you will earn substantially more Command Experience Points for completing a Master Difficulty Operation than you will for completing a Heroic Mission. The goal is to reward the highest level of Command Experience points for Master Operations, Ranked Warzones, and Master Uprisings .

At the launch of Knights of the Eternal Throne, each time you earn a new Command Rank, you will be given a Command Crate. Increasing your Command Rank and earning Command Crates will now be the primary method through which players with max level characters can continue to increase the level of their gear. As a result, you can now gear your character by playing virtually any activity in the game!

Command Crates contain multiple items including Companion Gifts, cosmetic weapons and armor, mounts, pets, and the most powerful gear in the game. As your Command Rank increases, so does the level of gear you receive . As an example (numbers are just an example), if you get a Command Crate at Command Rank 50 it will contain more powerful gear then you would have received at Command Rank 1.

Dark vs. Light Side Battles
    Starting with Knights of the Eternal Throne, players will be able to choose whether they are fighting for the dark or light side of the Force™. Upon doing so, all actions, including killing elite enemies, completing Missions, and making story choices will contribute to the ongoing dark vs. light side war on each server .
    These Dark and Light side choices will influence the balance of the two sides of the Force on each server, reflected on the dark vs. light side meter shown at the bottom of the Galactic Command interface. As one side begins to dominate, players will begin to see the impact all around them. For example, if the dark side is growing stronger (i.e. reaching “Dark 4”), suddenly players may see Sith Acolytes begin spawning and attacking Alderaan and Tatooine! Keep your eyes open as your efforts change the galaxy around you.

To be declared the winner of the dark vs. light side war, one side must reach “Dark 5” or “Light 5”. Upon winning, a few things will happen on the server based on your character’s alignment. If your character is aligned with the winning side (e.g., your character is dark side, and the dark side won the war on your server), you will reap the following benefits:

Bonus Command Experience points earned
    Access to a special cosmetic item vendor

If your character’s alignment matches the losing side (e.g., your character is light side, and the light side lost the war), they will receive the following benefits:

A bonus to all light side points earned

Your galaxy will remain in a “victory state” for a period of time before the war resets. However, this time, the losing side will have an advantage to try to swing the balance back in their favor.

Galactic Command offers ongoing challenges and rewards every time you log in to play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Whether you are playing alone in your favorite gameplay mission to gain Command Rank, or joining with other players or Guilds to win the Dark vs Light side war, Galactic Command will keep you fighting for control of your galaxy!
    This is just an overview but I'd suggest checking out the Twitch stream. Basically the devs acknowledged that piece-meal chapters were not the best idea and players overwhelmingly wanted chunks at a time, so going forward they will release chapters in massive chunks on a more spread out basis. Also, after spending the last few years making the game more solo friendly, the devs want to put more emphasis now on the old school MMO mentality of putting in group and guild content.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As much as I would have liked to have had a BG guild, I'm not really feeling like paying for and playing the game any time in the near future. The past year was my longest continuous sub and the content was such a drag.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

5.0 drops tomorrow for subs and on Dec 2nd for everyone else. Patch notes are out, looks like Shadows/Assassins got fucked but all other jobs got some fun changes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

...and apparently the Life Day event brings a Wampa companion to the game. What a time to be alive.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got through the first two chapters of new expansion, shit is already pretty lit storywise. We're finally getting to kill off major characters instead of selecting to kill the character but then plot armor saves them somehow.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Got through the first two chapters of new expansion, shit is already pretty lit storywise. We're finally getting to kill off major characters instead of selecting to kill the character but then plot armor saves them somehow.
    I'm gonna hop back on this weekend and finish the story out I think. It was pretty tight last time I jumped in.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished the main story, thought it was suitably epic. Overall I think the chapters for KOTET were much better than KOTFE in terms of gameplay variety. Each chapter (nine, versus sixteen for KOTFE) felt very streamlined and each one felt like it had MEANING, while some of the chapters in KOTFE felt more like artificial padding. My only complaint is that the story really should have been reserved for the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior, as the other classes feel REALLY out of place with the main story.

Ending spoilers:
    Spoiler: show
    Curse you and your sudden but inevitable betrayal Valkorion. Oh well. It was nice to finally be rid of the Emperor. Not sure where the story goes from here.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I read plot spoilers a while ago, and I don't know where they will go next, but they have a grip of "original" companions still to re-introduce so I'm sure they'll think of something.