Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

seems like bounty hunter class appearance is meant to entice Boba Fett-philes since the Mandalorians are still around/not bounty hunters at this time?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Doesn't matter what the other classes are, everyone will be a Jedi, unless they make them gay and useless.

Also, if this is supposed to take place in the time period of the war with the Sith, how are Troopers even around? I can see the Star Wars geeks tearing this apart already.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

They did the same with SWG but they made it fairly difficult to get; at least this one makes more sense since the Mandalorians are still around. From at least one of the pictures not everyone will look exactly like that, one guy had the exposed face helmet and it all looked slightly different. It might end up the same way where the Fett looking armor ends up being some of the later level stuff.

That being said, game looks awesome, I hope they do this right.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I'm hoping this is it for non-jedi classes rly, maybe a rogue/thief class but thats probably what smuggler is, and then just have 3-4 or more jedi variants

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Any word about private beta yet? Would kick some ass to get in on this before it goes open beta or full release..

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I don't think its even in alpha yet.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

I can see it now. Hundreds of Bounty hunter class with different variations of Boba fett similar to Cloud or Sephiroth in ffxi

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I've never watched a single Star Wars movie but I've been wanting to get into another MMO for a while now. Only problem is, I don't want to jump into one that's been around for a while, I'd rather join something with it's launch. But I also worry that my lack of Star War's knowledge would mean that I wouldn't enjoy the game as much as others, or possibly not get some of the few important things all together.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Should be awesome.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf View Post
    Also, if this is supposed to take place in the time period of the war with the Sith, how are Troopers even around? I can see the Star Wars geeks tearing this apart already.
    They aren't Storm Troopers, from the description they appear to be regular, enlisted military soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    I've never watched a single Star Wars movie but I've been wanting to get into another MMO for a while now. Only problem is, I don't want to jump into one that's been around for a while, I'd rather join something with it's launch. But I also worry that my lack of Star War's knowledge would mean that I wouldn't enjoy the game as much as others, or possibly not get some of the few important things all together.
    Seeing as how you probably have a good 1-2 years (figure 500 days, 12,000 hours) before this game is playable, I'd recommend taking the 6 hours to watch the original trilogy (Episode 4, and particularly 5, are quite good).

If nothing else, if you only watch Episode 4 (A New Hope, the first film), you will have a fairly good understanding of the Star Wars universe.

I would say that knowledge of Star Wars would definitely enrich the experience, because BioWare is definitely going to provide a rich story to go along with the gameplay.

I'm pretty excited for this game, given the potential richness of the universe in the hands of BioWare. Time will tell, but I agree that most people will choose to play a Jedi given the choice.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    I have a kind of similar concern. I mean I'm a fan of the movies (and I actually like the newer trilogy) but I'm not like deep into it - never played the two KOTOR games, read one of the many non-movie books only because a friend let me borrow it, etc. so I'm sure there's gonna be people I meet in-game who will be more into the RP aspect or the mythology or even Galaxies vets that might look down on people less "educated".

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Gimme Mass Effect 2.. ;;
    I'm just nearing the end of the first one (I think) and I'm already wanting this as well! ; ;

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Play KoToR olo. You will not be disappointed with them.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've never played any KOTOR, yet i want to play this MMO

EternalBlowJob
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The kotor games are amazing!!!

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSnow View Post
    I've heard mixed things

I've heard it's the best thing since sliced bread

and I've Heard it's comparable to black slavery

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I'll definitely be trying this when it comes out 5 years from now

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Play KoToR olo. You will not be disappointed with them.
    Too bad they're not available on Steam.. I can get them both on Newegg, tho the first one only comes in a $30+ pack with a bunch of other SW games that I don't want. Need to find it solo.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars by any stretch, but the games are so well done I was able to move past that. I'm sure you could find them on Amazon for dirt cheap at this point. If you pick them up you should pick up Jade Empire too. It's like KoTor with Kung Fu.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

100% correct.

I love everything Starwars, played all the games and even played Galaxies for a bit back in the day.

Mass Effect = Win. I'm on my 3rd play through on it, I cant wait for ME2. C'mon Q1 2010.

Jade Empire = Totally underrated game, also a classic as Mr. Weave put it.

KOTOR = Win. Black slavery analogies etc.. Awesome games, much like Mass Effect before ME was around. The system of choosing your responses determining your fate was perfected with the Starwars games.

This new MMO = FUCK YEAH. I'm there like a free foodstamp giveaway in Houston.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 217 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast