Closed Thread
Page 53 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Daaaaaaaaammiiiiiiiiiit. I want an invite so bad.

Seems like 8 of every 10 BG'ers got in. Damnit.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

While this is patching, what server are current testers on? Or is there just one server? Will post my screenname when I get my char made if people want to hook up to do stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    While this is patching, what server are current testers on? Or is there just one server? Will post my screenname when I get my char made if people want to hook up to do stuff.
    1 PvE and 1 PvP.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sadly don't get to choose which server you end up on. When you go to the sever select screen it only appears to be one server but there are more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

it auto puts you on the least crowded server. and once you make a character you are locked to that server

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

shitty friday update, heres what to expect from gamescom

GamesCom is less than a week away! Taking place from August 18th through August 21st in Cologne, Germany, GamesCom is one of the world’s largest video game convention and this year BioWare and LucasArts will be in attendance to reveal new information and give gamers from all over Europe the opportunity to get some hands-on time with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Attendees at this year’s GamesCom who make their way to the EA booth will be able to get hands-on play time on each of the Origin Worlds. Additionally, lucky members of the community who successfully applied through the forums will gain exclusive access to an area where they can take part in the Alderaan player-vs-player Warzone.

Throughout GamesCom we will also be running demonstrations of a small portion of the Eternity Vault, a high-level Operation or raid, on the showfloor.

You don’t have to be in Cologne to stay up-to-speed on the latest information from GamesCom. Be sure to check www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, the Community Forums, our official Twitter and our Facebook page throughout the show for all the latest news!

So people playing, how is it so far? Meeting expectations? Going above? Below?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

did you bother to read at least the last few pages?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think the current build is too buggy for people to get a good objective opinion about it atm. At least thats what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    did you bother to read at least the last few pages?
    Yes, but it was more of everyone kinda doing once sentence bits here and there and then the conversation about mmo videos being boring

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yea it's very buggy. The only thing keeping me interested is advancing through the main story at this point and right now a whole ton of us can't advance due to a critical blocker bug in several of the class quests.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Bugs introduced in the most recent builds, about a month ago things were good.

Basically, the story (class quests) and voice acting or excellent. Everything else is standard WoW/MMO faire, except for the Legacy System which hasn't been totally unveiled yet.

It'll definitely be worth playing though, if for no other reason than the story. I'd pay $60 for 200 hours of KOTOR3 Multiplayer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Yes, but it was more of everyone kinda doing once sentence bits here and there and then the conversation about mmo videos being boring
    the story driven content and flashpoints are a lot of fun. the landscapes and buildings are huge in scope and give an epic feeling, but at the same time main cities being this big is also a draw back since they feel empty and you have to run around for like 10 minutes to get to the trainer or the bank or AH, ect... Nothing like realizing you forgot something and having to backtrack 10 minutes to talk to a NPC thats on the other side of a town.

But story driven content is a lot of fun, and the heavy story driven instances I have done are also great (at least for the first few times - I can see it being more tedious then doing a WoW dungeon by the 25th+ time when you have to do tons of RP every run though and your only wanting a fast run through for loot).

But my main concern is this is all for leveling. What happens at endgame? Nobody is gonna want heavily focused RP raids that they have to repeat every week (again - just wanting loot and having to sit through tons of RP). And when then heavy story content dies down I'm afraid the game is gonna be what every traditional end-game is like. And the combat isn't different enough from the standard fare to make it stand out enough and make raids, ect.. seem fresh. So my concern is that it's gonna be just like everything else come end-game (which I mean wouldn't be a bad thing if the combat formula wasn't the same as the traditional fare also)

For those of you who got picked, have you been posting on the SWTOR forum? I'm wondering if post count makes a difference.... obviously haven't posted anything and haven't been picked (doubt I ever will)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The end-game will be just like WoW. There is supposed to be an entire max level world full of flash points for end-game. Plus faction based PvP.

I'm not sure why people are expecting anything revolutionary on that front. Bioware said from the get go years ago that WoW is now the standard that future games have to match, and that's the market they are aiming for.

Their addition on the WoW paradigm is extensive voice work, story quests, and the Legacy system.

For those of you who got picked, have you been posting on the SWTOR forum? I'm wondering if post count makes a difference.... obviously haven't posted anything and haven't been picked (doubt I ever will)
    It doesn't make a difference, the invites are totally random at this point. Earlier in the process they were inviting people based on hardware.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    never. I had a barebones SWTOR profile and checked 'yes' to be considered for testing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    It doesn't, its all random. People have gotten in who've only been registered on the site for a month, versus people who've been registered since 2008 and still haven't gotten in.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    What happens at endgame? Nobody is gonna want heavily focused RP raids that they have to repeat every week (again - just wanting loot and having to sit through tons of RP). And when then heavy story content dies down I'm afraid the game is gonna be what every traditional end-game is like. And the combat isn't different enough from the standard fare to make it stand out enough and make raids, ect.. seem fresh. So my concern is that it's gonna be just like everything else come end-game (which I mean wouldn't be a bad thing if the combat formula wasn't the same as the traditional fare also)
    I never thought combat was bad, just the context that its being used for. I'd jump back into WoW in a heartbeat if they added something other than more of the same raid mechanics and 5 mans that we've seen before just with different skins. Rift proved to me that if you give people incredibly fun stuff to do a copied combat system isn't bad at all. When you give shit content in your game is when you create the illusion that combat is all that matters, when thats not the case at all.

Giving out quests to go kill 10 of something is only a guide to say, "go kill stuff, its fun, because our combat is fun", because your goal is so simplified that the steps to finishing it is literally the order you use abilities, and thats where the illusion is made. Now when you get something like a zone invasion, which is a much more complex event, your steps to completing the goal are bigger like, defend point X, close Rifts B and C, flank enemy group Y, and suddenly people aren't thinking about the simplicity of a combat system. This is why i don't have faith in TERA, because its falling back on the simple small thinking of the literal order of ability usage to make the game fun, which is the wrong answer.

As long as this legacy system they have yet to reveal is epic enough i have no worries for SWTOR.

gimmah ur beta acct info, nao.

Part of me thinks this game will not come out until the next year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

not mine D: I never got in, I've been using a friends acct who got an invite during the alpha stage of testing

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast