Closed Thread
Page 54 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

I've been registered since the beginning with two separate accounts. FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    not mine D: I never got in, I've been using a friends acct who got an invite during the alpha stage of testing
    We can be best friends, k?

I think it will still be released this year, but probably not until Nov. at the earliest. Then again it will really depend on how mass beta test weekends in Sept. go. As for the content, at this point I'm really only expecting it to maybe hold my attention for a few months with a few different class story play throughs. It also depends on how fun the PvP is. If all they have planned for PvP is 3 warzones and no open objective based PvP, I can see it getting boring pretty fast as well.

GW2 style content is the future and is what other devs should be looking at instead of the traditional style raid content. I believe GW2 is not only going to shake up the MMO genre, but has the potential to shake up the game industry as well if they can deliver what they're promising. Either way, it's gonna be tough to compete against, even if it is F2p.

Diablo 3, SWTOR, Starcraft II and Guild Wars 2 have had such long development cycles and all are looking to launch within the next year. Makes me think that one or two of those games will be pushed back merely because another game is out. It sucks. Whoever comes out the door first is gonna get shat on and lose their userbase.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

you forgot about TERA.. if that game is ever sees a US release. It will prolly kept getting pushed until more and more content is released... until it has the most US launch content of any mmo. But then ppl will still breeze through it since anything but current end-game content is worthless and w/in a few months ppl will be waiting the 6months+ for new content

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Pretty sure SWTOR is pretty locked in to the Tuesday before/after Thanksgiving.

Holiday 2011 as a "target" doesn't make me feel confident.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've got a feeling the September weekends are gonna be pushed back to October, or won't start till the last weekend in Sept.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Me and a friend both got invites today, and I was wondering how we could go about both ending up on a pvp server together. I read you just randomly get put on a server and are stuck there, but havent had a chance to look at things for my self since its still downloading

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I cant confirm but pretty much looking like November or possibly being delayed until Jan, depending upon a few factors.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Slynkee View Post
    Me and a friend both got invites today, and I was wondering how we could go about both ending up on a pvp server together. I read you just randomly get put on a server and are stuck there, but havent had a chance to look at things for my self since its still downloading
    You can't. You will most likely end up on the same server. But only ppl who get server selection are those from the original beta test. All newer ppl get forced into the lower pop server. They are going to be stress testing the servers. Doesn't help if one server has 10x more the population as the other since they are both different server sets

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yeah makes sense, thanks for the info, so seems like if we both go to make chars at the same time we are good for playing together, just gotta hope we get lucky and its a pvp server.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If it gets pushed back to January i'm probly gonna have to fire up Rift again or something i think to keep me busy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Slynkee View Post
    Yeah makes sense, thanks for the info, so seems like if we both go to make chars at the same time we are good for playing together, just gotta hope we get lucky and its a pvp server.
    there are only 2 servers, you most most likely be on the same server unless you make your characters days/weeks apart. And even then you will most likely be on the same server

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So yeah, devs said today that they'll be inviting entire guilds to the beta starting soon. Invites will be sent out to the guild leader. My guess is if you aren't in a guild yet to join one if you want into beta, maybe as an extra chance.

news is taken from an interview on the episode 33 podcast on this site, at around the 76 minute mark.
    http://torsyndicate.com/

Didn't somebody set a guild up on here earlier?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

My community has a guild with about 15 now. I don't think BG has anything going yet. Tera kinda stole the show for awhile and I don't think attention here has been redirected to this game just yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    My community has a guild with about 15 now. I don't think BG has anything going yet. Tera kinda stole the show for awhile and I don't think attention here has been redirected to this game just yet.
    I don't think its that TERA stole your show, I think its more ppl didn't like the "community" thing. Least thats what I picked up when you tried to pitch the idea before

I am hopeful for the Guild invites at this point, our pvp guild has quite a few members in the beta and about 90% of the members preordered and registered on the offical site with the code.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/114872/galactic-empire

I'm rolling with this guild here. I was going to set up a guild for BG but I think people on here already have their own community so I just searched for a guild to join that was PVP, Dark Side, Hardcore, and End-game Oriented.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast