FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

No more than any other ranged class in PVP.

well trooper is moreso, it has healings, heavy armor and big weapons, no other class has all 3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah trooper looks pretty awesome.

PvP continues to look amazing as well, this game can't come fast enough

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbySnoosnoo View Post
    well trooper is moreso, it has healings, heavy armor and big weapons, no other class has all 3
    You know it'll catch the nerfbat. No need to worry. You saw what Rift initially did to Sabs, right? Now THAT was an (initially) OP class.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Posted before?

I never thought that they would be able to get me to play anything other than jedi or maybe BH. But I gotta say, my Trooper Commando is only 13, but I love the job. It's not just that it's OP, it's actually fun to play.

Also, I've done the first flashpoint you get for both Imp and Rep, and they are really fun as well. Not too challenging if your group isn't full retard though. The story aspect of them really helps out a lot though, makes you really feel immersed, and gives you a purpose for being there, as opposed to raids in other games where it's; slog through trash, kill mini-bosses, kill main boss just because they're there. Also with the light/dark side options in cut-scenes you can change how things play out a bit. Rewards aren't bad either, good mix of drops and commendations that you can trade for gear.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All right, im offically done with this game.
    Maybe third time is the charm when it comes to StarWars MMO.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    All right, im offically done with this game.
    Maybe third time is the charm when it comes to StarWars MMO.
    any reason or you just gonna end it there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You know it'll catch the nerfbat. No need to worry. You saw what Rift initially did to Sabs, right? Now THAT was an (initially) OP class.
    im hoping it stays the same and they improve the knights/warriors and agents/smugglers to their level. inq/cons are fairly decent as well atm. BH just needs to be able to equip bigger weapons or make flame thrower more useful to match commandos

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

as long as you have two free character slots, this week they are rolling out 2 lv 40 characters per account (one imperial & one empire). Only stupid thing is its completely randomly generated. You will get a random lv 40... down to class/adv class, appearance and name. fuckin fail

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    as long as you have two free character slots, this week they are rolling out 2 lv 40 characters per account (one imperial & one empire). Only stupid thing is its completely randomly generated. You will get a random lv 40... down to class/adv class, appearance and name. fuckin fail
    Republic* also, thats the point of beta

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah, but giving somebody a lv 40 of a class they don't care to play isn't gonna give them the best feedback. If they allowed you 2 40's (one of each side) of classes of your choosing it would be more productive by letting ppl play the class they want to

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well now you're asking more from a closed beta than you really should be D:

Randomizing the classes lets BioWare know how certain scenarios play out given the opportunity that x player has y class in this raid. So if you suck at a class, and give that feedback, you're also addressing a balance / play style issue.

I thought beta testing meant something other than early access to a game D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Well I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Random example here: lets say one of your randomly generated characters is a tank, and you hate playing tank classes, you will opt not to touch that character for more then a few hours.. not to mention the learning curve on a higher level character, especially one you don't care for, is significantly more steep.

The reason they are giving ppl high level characters is to get more feedback on that stuff since a very small % of the beta testers (in general - not being SWTOR specific) get classes that high when you consider the large time investment and the inevitable character wipe. This, imo, is why most games have a good low level - mid level content/leveling structure and then start to lame out at [launch content] higher levels since its where the least amount of feedback was given. In order to entice ppl to give feedback it's good to allow them to play classes they have somewhat interest in.

I am not talking at a spoiled "I want to play the game for free over beta test a game" level. But I would only assume the above is a general consensus of how players feel. People are more apt to give constructive feedback on classes they care to play in retail and that they want to be balanced/ect...

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Your right. But I can see where BW wants to go with this, and saying that I'm kind of scared.

If that's the case you're making (and it is a good one) - I really hope the expert raids (or whatever they call the harder version of a normal raid) isn't oversimplified from skewed information.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Eh, i really don't think its that big of a deal. I know a lot of people who choose not to play their desired classes in beta just because they don't want the story spoiled for them. Random class selection may also let people discover some new things that they may not have thought they'd ever like. That coupled with the fact that every advanced class has a dps spec makes me think it won't be a big deal in the end. If you want your desired class at 40 you can still level it yourself no problem.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Just go test the high level content and tell us if we should cancel preorder or if it's actually really worthwhile.

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 217 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast