We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Star Wars: The Old Republic | News Articles

Pretty cool article over how they're dealing with the entire game being voiced. I didn't consider pronunciation, apparently they keep it consistent across the board by using an audio pronunciation guide for the actors they hire. Although I guess it'd still be okay if people pronounced words like "Holo" or "Thul" differently due to discrepancies in dialect.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

IGN Video: Star Wars: The Old Republic PC Games Walkthrough - GC 2009: Walkthrough Pt.1

Nearly 20 minutes of gameplay with walkthrough by a developer. Really awesome watch, and you can see exactly how the game will work roughly. I'm pretty excited after seeing this.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That was *really* badass.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Dude walks like he has a stick up his ass.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Probably too early to tell, but from what they showed of the gameplay, it doesn't look like an MMO. It looks like a KoToR follow up with a multi-player option.

FAQ on the website also mentions that you can do the majority of the game solo.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

The game itself does focus on solo content because it's story driven, each character has their own story and you play through that story. However, during that you can help other classes with their story also, so while most things may be soloable, there is still the option to group up. Nearly every modern MMO can be painted as a single player game with a multi-player option, as you've done. It's the most successful model and considering you are a hero it'd be ridiculous to have to turn on a flag and wait 3 hours to go kill some monsters. The whole point is you are the hero driving your story up until end game.

Nearly every game has shitty movement before it's finalized, it's not necessary to make everything perfect in such an early build of a game. What you should be taking away are the rough gameplay features which seem very interesting, especially things like the cover for the Smuggler or the leap for the Sith Warrior. I especially liked the choices in the conversations, knowing the different responses generate different outcomes is awesome too, it will potentially add variety even among the storylines within classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3C6JXcGQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HCc9ykibTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixnhNn5PaY

New videos. Similar run-thru though. Lots of new footage in the Sith Warrior-Bounty Hunter team-up quest (must better IMO, it showcases more action).

It does seem like an 'online KOTOR' - as Ehran mentioned - rather than an MMO so far, but it's also awesome too! So you have to factor in the awesome variable w/ the blah blah blah, to ascertain whether it will yield sufficient win as a result.

I like how one character's speech-tree decision can affect his/her teammate(s)'s.

All in all, it looks great so far IMO. According to Wiki, it's coming out NEXT Fall though...FML!

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thanks for adding these, all were a great watch, I cant wait for this game to release, I had planned on rolling a bounty hunter and I'm even more excited about the class now. Im not a huge star wars fan by any means so Im not very clear on the lore, but everything Ive seen makes it look very intresting and bioware/lucas should make this game pretty fucking fantastic.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Looks like a lot of fun although to me it looks more like a single player game as opposed to a MMO so I wonder how they will go about mixing those two.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun although to me it looks more like a single player game as opposed to a MMO so I wonder how they will go about mixing those two.
    I wouldnt mind playing by myself personaly, from the looks of it, looks like your able to be selective who you interact with, which can be nice wouldnt have to deal with your typical MMO dbags.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Star Wars: The Old Republic | Classes

Jedi Class unveiled. including the class in action

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I want pics of the game interface damnit..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

any idea if they have started selecting beta testers yet?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    any idea if they have started selecting beta testers yet?
    I've seen a pic of someone claiming they got an email about it but it was probably fake.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Wish they would fix their extremely old/bad scanner, still scans my secondary video card over my primary....

EternalBlowJob
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They did have a beta or sumthin a while back they had it linked to their site but I was too lazy to do it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://kotaku.com/5411174/two-remain...asses-revealed

Bump because I'm not sure if anyone else is still following this or not.

The latest issue of German magazine PC Games spills the beans on the two final classes for Star Wars: The Old Republic - the Jedi Consular and the Sith Inquisitor.

Well that's certainly a novel way to make sure you don't have a huge overpopulation of Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors. The Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor are both force-active classes, one fulfilling a support role while the other seems to be more of a DPS class. Note that all of the information here comes from a translation of a scan of the PC Games article from The Old Republic forum member Petrosis.

According to said translation, the Jedi consular can be geared towards a healing or damage role, depending on how useful the player feels like being.

The article calls the Sith Inquisitor a second line fighter, and from looking at its powers (seen below) it seems almost like a crowd controller with some area-of-effect (AOE) damage thrown in.

Check out the descriptions from the translation below, or hit up the link for the full post.

Update: BioWare has confirmed the classes in a forum post.

Jedi Consular page:
    Image top:
    With sword, charm and the force! The Jedi Consular fights from the second line.
    Image middle:
    The seventh class is the Jedi Consular. Contrary to the revealed Jedi Knight, several weeks ago, is the Consular not to be found in the first line. Although he can swing the lightsaber too, he masters several ranged fighting skills like "Sleep", "Lift" or "Smash". The class can be tuned into damage or healing. Thus is the Jedi Consular one mighty support class in the Old Republic.

Abilities:
    Sleep
    Lift
    Smash
    Force Push
    Reflect

Both images bottom:
    Beatiful type! The Jedi Consular stretches his arms, focuses his force, and throws the attacking droids with one strike through Force Push on the ground.

Sith Inquisitor page:
    Image top left:
    I have the force! As a Sith Inquisitor one masters the use of elecricity with ease.
    Image top right:
    The Sith Inquisitor is the alst of the eight classes tottaly with which SWTOR will launch. The Inquisitor is the opposite of the Consular and is a fighter from the second line. Equipped with force abilities like the "Shock" or the "Lightning Charge" heats his enemies properly, in which we could assure ourselves in one play session. One quest sent us into an ancient Sith-tomb, where crawled with killer worms (K'lor'slug Ravager) and imperial deserters. With the help of the area attack "Overload" near enemies we can not only damage them, but knock them back and stun them for several seconds, and so we cleaned the nest quickly.

Abilities:
    Saber Blow
    Shock
    Execute
    Overload
    Lighting Charge
    Whirlwind
    Dark Gift
    Call a fare(?)
    Dark Meditation

Image middle:
    Bad chance! In close combat has the Trooper against the Inquisitor the bad cards
    Image bottom:
    Electricuted! With electrical hit one does not only damage but stuns the enemies

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

[[removed]]

This game looks really blah visually right now.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast