Closed Thread
Page 6 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

The worse it looks, the better it will run on old PC's, the more money Bioware will make, and so on. PC limitations ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    The worse it looks, the better it will run on old PC's, the more money Bioware will make, and so on. PC limitations ;(

more like 'people not wanting to spend 300 bucks to upgrade their 7 year old pc' limitations.

That's fine and dandy but i'm pretty sure most people have a system capable of at least playing a semi decent looking game =/. Maybe it just irks me how plastic it looks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

[[removed]]

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

any news on if they started beta phases yet? been a while since test apps started.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

[[removed]]
    wow, talk about a setback... always thought it was intended for an '10 release. Guess this means FFXIV will have free reign for its launch

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Not really, not with the new wow expansion releasing as well. But it will be the only "New" MMO this year for sure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

was kind of hoping to have some fun with the star wars MMO before FFXIV, not the other way around... oh well =/

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

SW:ToR Combat Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...8#comments_top

Don't know about you guys, but I yawned through that...true, it's still in alpha like XIV is, but at least I didn't yawn through XIVs combat. A lot of those combat movements look over exaggerated, even from a SWs point of view.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there something wrong with my flash player, or is their video footage of the gameplay just extremely shaky fps?

I hate to sound like a graphics whore, but the MMO looks dated, although I'm guessing the cause would be for being accessible to more hardware (re: laptops with mobile amd/nvidia GPUs).

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We already have a thread for this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Didn't look too jerky to me. But yeah that looks circa-eq1 or some shit. Actually having the light sabers catch blaster shots is pretty awesome though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

spots did seem to have some lag. The distance shot with the two sabers is where the worst seemed to be.

New Odin
    BG Level

Why are people so hyped about this game?

Are people really fooled that easily by the fact it's made by Bioware and based on Star Wars? To me it looks nothing to be hyped about... I mean Aion at least had the graphics going for it, but this game has... aside from the company making it... what exactly?

Full voiceovers?

I hope by the time it hits retail they've at least made the animation and effects a lot better. Right now it's... just disgusting to look at.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why are people so hyped about this game?
    Faptastic E3 trailer that had zilch to do with the gameplay.

Well, that and being a Jedi for the umpteenth time I guess.
    (if you never played the Jedi Knight series then shame on you)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i'm considerably less interested in this game now than i was a year ago today. maybe if bioware would take their heads out of their asses this game might see some greatness.

New Odin
    BG Level

I browsed some forums to see people's reactions... and I don't know what to say.

"Wow, so cool!" "Awesome vid!! NICE ANIMATIONS!!" "The combat looks so fun, send me a beta key already!"

What exactly am I missing here?

Algoth

I browsed some forums to see people's reactions... and I don't know what to say.

"Wow, so cool!" "Awesome vid!! NICE ANIMATIONS!!" "The combat looks so fun, send me a beta key already!"

What exactly am I missing here?
    As a long time Bioware fan, I'd say they aren't commenting on the videos as much as they are on image they've created of the game in their head. I've read a lot about SW:TOR and seen almost every video they've released so far, and they (Bioware) seem to think that what they've created is some kind of holy alliance of single player RPG experience (KOTOR) and MMO (Star Wars Galaxies would probably be the most appropriate example). In reality, the game will probably fall short on both accounts; it won't be as interactive or narratively sound as KOTOR and it's MMO components will be gimped by the fact that Bioware wants every player to be "the ultimate hero of the galaxy". Meaning, that there will probably be little to no group content.

But, like I said, I'm a huge Bioware fan so I'm still hoping for the best, and eagerly waiting for the game, because even if it won't live up to expectations, it'll still be a Bioware game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Considering the rumors that EA put up 150mil for TOR, this better blow away my expectations. Myself and everyone i know have been waiting for this since it was first announced. The official TOR forums are beyond insane, i can't keep up with it at all as hard as i try. I can see why non SW fans may not get this, as the IP has been in decline for the past 15 years, but us old school folks have high expectations.

Watching the new combat trailer, i can't help but get excited, as a huge SW fan. I'm not digging the character models/art direction at all honestly. I'd have preferred a more realistic look similar to SWG, but i understand why they went this way. The games still over a year away and we really don't know that much about quests or endgame. From what i've seen so far, Bioware seems to taking the grandness seriously.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Eh, I'm not hyped at all for this game. They talk a lot of gumbo about how they're going to revolutionize the MMO world and talk a lot of shit on other MMO companies. They remind me of Mythic and Warhammer when it was in development.

We all know how that turned out.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast