Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WoodWorking money...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

WoodWorking money...

hey ok i just gotta ask, only thing i seem to make ok money on anymore is hq staffs and even then i wager half the time to luck. i've tried the whole cursed kabuto thing before and made 1 but i found the time and effort wasnt rly worth it. anyone have any tips on what to do for more steady cash flow? using 100 ww that is.=3 ty

level another craft, I use my fishing to make money more than my woodworking

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

yeah i was thinking i might take Leathercraft or bonecraft up.. i mean my buddy went 5/7 on mach +1 the pld swords... that was like 400k profit for um... 50k mats? ><;

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    yeah i was thinking i might take Leathercraft or bonecraft up.. i mean my buddy went 5/7 on mach +1 the pld swords... that was like 400k profit for um... 50k mats? ><;
    20kish if you fish up the fish like i do lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ive come to the conclusion that just about all crafts are FUBAR except T0 high priced synths and crafts that make consumable items. Example, Neirid ring for bonecrafting, T0 synth HQ = about 100k cheap ingredients but still 100k for a T0? And even then most of the rare expensive HQs, if you synth an NQ youre losing a ton of money also...

It seems like any normal synth of weapons/armor/furniture arent worth anything anymore. More people craft, very few npc (decent items at least) = tons on the market, and with the exception of high level gear, everything just gets sold once the user is done with it. Your best bet is to find a decent consumable synth (ex arrows for WW) and make a little at a time. The days of crafting normal items for profit is over. Seems like the good moneymakers these days (without blowing tons of gil for a rare chance of an HQ) are cooking and fishing, and neither of those will get you that HUGE hq for tons of money, its all a little at a time.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If your making staves for gil, id get a few gardening mules and make the ores, i usually do cursed gears to make gil for WW but lately divine log prices have gone retardedly high, luckily i have access to other crafts

Find something else to do beside crafting to make money.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    anyone have any tips on what to do for more steady cash flow? using 100 ww that is.=3 ty
    I make more money from my woodworking mule than any of my other ones (and I have quite a stable of them, see sig). However, the very last thing I would do would be to tell another crafter how I make my money. My markets get killed fast enough without me helping to make them non-profitable...

Study the AH, do your homework, you'll be able to find ways to make steady cash.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

ty all. i figured out my new vice =)

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    However, the very last thing I would do would be to tell another crafter how I make my money. My markets get killed fast enough without me helping to make them non-profitable...

Study the AH, do your homework, you'll be able to find ways to make steady cash.
    Truer words have never been spoken. And the HQ rate on staves is too random for me. Even on Ice day New Moon, which is supposedly the best time/day/rate for hq staves. I've found other synths that are profit even when they NQ, and if they HQ, even better. Key is to have sub crafts leveled as well.

I <3 Cap' Crunch but it cuts the roof of my mouth ; ;