+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Johnny Depp To Receive $56 Million Up Front for PotC4

http://www.aol.com.au/movies/story/j...631/index.html

The staggering sum (US$56 million/AU$75 million) is the largest upfront payment in film history and will see Johnny, 45, move to the top of Hollywood's rich list - overtaking Will Smith - when he reprises his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.

A source said: "It's a hell of a lot of money for one movie but there’s only one man who can play Captain Jack Sparrow - and that's Johnny Depp."

"Pirates just wouldn't be the same without him, so they were more than willing to smash the record books to land Depp again. He's been the star of the show every time."

Earlier this year, Will was named the highest earning actor in Hollywood by Forbes magazine after he grossed £40 million (US$70 million/AU$94 million) in one year.

However, Johnny's new deal will see his earnings soar to £72 million (US$123 million/AU$165 million).

The source added: "He's laughing all the way to the bank. Not only is he probably the biggest heartthrob in Hollywood, he's now going to be the richest."

Johnny's co-stars in the first three films in the franchise, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, are unlikely to appear in the latest instalment.
    What caught my attention, more than the absurd sum of money, was

Johnny's co-stars in the first three films in the franchise, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, are unlikely to appear in the latest instalment.
    So, they're going to release another box office cash cow, but not include the rest of the cast? Ah Disney.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Are you really going to miss the other two? Really?

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

It'll probably be refreshing to see a Pirates movie with just Jack, Barbarossa, and the crew; and not whiny Turner and two-faced Elizabeth.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    So, they're going to release another box office cash cow, but not include the rest of the cast? Ah Disney.
    Good, the rest of the cast was terrible with the noted exception of Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I haven't even seen the third yet. Heard it sucked

AkashiXI

No, because both Keira and Orlando have expressed that they don't want to be part of the series anymore. That's why they put Orlando and Keira in the position that they are in the last installment.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    I haven't even seen the third yet. Heard it sucked
    I personally thought it was amazing<_<.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

More Jack Sparrow = Better Movie

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI View Post
    No, because both Keira and Orlando have expressed that they don't want to be part of the series anymore. That's why they put Orlando and Keira in the position that they are in the last installment.
    Do me a favor and send what exactly that position was? I either didn't see the movie or can't remember. :O

Also, if post with the "spoiler" tag, I can't load that at work, which is why I ask for the PM, if possible.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    William Turner is the new immortal captain of Davy Jones' ship and Kiera's retired to the coast with her new son

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Good, the rest of the cast was terrible with the noted exception of Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa.
    Don't you think Bill Nighy deserves a bit of credit, i thought he was pretty decent?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

William Turner is the new immortal captain of Davy Jones' ship and Kiera's retired to the coast with her new son
    It was revealed somewhere (I can't remember where) that:
    because Will had faithfully preformed his duties for 10 years the souls of the dead were now at peace, and he returned to a normal life with Elizabeth (or something along those lines - he didn't have to ferry the souls anymore.

Someone PM me the spoilers! I can't view them! >___<

The only way I see this being worthwhile is if they do a prequel and show how Sparrow got the Black Pearl and maybe the mutiney.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    The only way I see this being worthwhile is if they do a prequel and show how Sparrow got the Black Pearl and maybe the mutiney.
    orrrrrr they give him an entire new adventure and it's just as bad ass. I really hope this series turns out to be like the Indiana Jones movies (except the newest one, I guess) where each story was different but just as good as the other.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

orrrrrr they give him an entire new adventure and it's just as bad ass. I really hope this series turns out to be like the Indiana Jones movies (except the newest one, I guess) where each story was different but just as good as the other.
    Yeah. Jack Sparrow is awesome enough to be able to make plenty of new shit up around him for a good story. A prequel can work, sure, but there are plenty of places they can take the story.

The problem with that is that the whole third movie had a very complete and final feel.
    Cuttler Beckett really set the mood for the world as we knew it, and just because he's no longer in the picture doesn't mean that the theme of the "world growing smaller" is not still an apt theme.

Plus the whole Brethren Court sort of jumped the shark in my opinion. The third movie was epic, but more importantly, it finished a saga. It's going to be very hard to realistically write a fourth story to take place after everything that happened in At World's End.

AkashiXI

How so? Think about it: it's a pirate saga in their world. There's always something to hunt, fight, loot, steal, etc. In terms of geography, they don't explore much of the world... I'd say about 25% of it is displayed in the movie, and a lot (but not all) was explained via stories. I'm sure they can figure something out to make things even more epic... I mean c'mon, it's Pirates and Johnny Depp. Do they really need to try that hard?

Mr. Flippy

well the third movie did show jack looking at a map pointing to the fountain of youth. so who knows?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Flippy View Post
    well the third movie did show jack looking at a map pointing to the fountain of youth. so who knows?
    Yeah, figured there was going to be a fourth installment after seeing that. I'm personally glad they're continuing the series. While I'll miss watching Keira Knightley on screen, her and Will's story seems to be done with. The more Jack Sparrow, the better. Oh, and they MUST include Barbarossa!

Maybe they can do a twist with Jack running in to Will's son at sea, though they'd have to fast forward 6-10 years or so..pretty unlikely though.