+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seriously? You have nothing better to complain about?

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/...ical-rally-ca/

The gist: Sheriff dude calls Obama by his full name. That's it. And people are QQing over it. Nationally QQing over it, what is WRONG with people?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol that's my hometown, and it's nothing surprising to me. They'd probably start riots over a semi-truck driving by too loudly.

Also that sheriff's not too well liked down there iirc, so that may be another part of it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's ganna be re-elected in November. So I doubt he's not liked.

Demosthenes11

I've started calling Obama BHO. It's really funny seeing hippies faces when they ask what BHO means

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Yeah it really is hilarious, I mean a knee slapper. Gut buster even. I'm dying here. Can't wait to try it again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LOLFLORIDA. That is all.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Let's start referring to Florida by it's full name. Goddamn Motherfucking Florida. I'll write it into speeches.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Needs video. Usually when people say the full name they say (barrak) HUSSEIN (obama).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It's just a way for the McCain campaign to instill some pseudo-xenophobia onto voters because he knows people are retarded.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I think his name is very American in a sense. It embodies the idea that one can build their identity here in America without the bonds of their traditional heritage. You can have a Buddhist name Patrick O'Leary or a Muslim named Flower Rainbow Unicorn Puppiehugger. Each man or woman has the freedom to create their own identity if they have the motivation to do so. I apply this same principle to the American Dream, with the key word being motivation.

That said, I'm sure there could have been ill intent with the use of his full name. But if I were Barrak, I'd just counter it by using my own full name in the debate tonight, regardless of what my cronie pollsters advised.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They sure are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaxECcTjCuw

This is who people are talking to when they say Barack Hussein Obama. Saying it's 'just his middle name' is disingenuous. Politicians never do anything without a reason.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Yeah cause people walk around using everyone's full name all the time right right? No one would ever have an agenda for using someone's middle name that happens to be Hussein right.

And there are retards out there that will fall for this and we all know it, that's why it's cheap and a lame ass move. I'm sure George Hitler that works at Bath and Body Works is working on his gas chambers as we speak... gfdi people are stupid.

Edit: wasn't directed at Correction, more at OP.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I think its fucking stupid that his middle name is a big deal. So every Hussein in the world is a terrorist or a dicator? I guess everyone in Oklahoma city is afraid of anyone named Timothy?

Black Belt
    BG Level

The only plausibility for repeatedly using Obama's middle name is scaremongering because of it being Saddam's last name/a common name in the arab world; virtually no other public figure is so frequently addressed by their full name- not Joseph Robinette Biden or John Sidney McCain or whatever the hell Palin's middle name is (I think she has two middle names).

not to mention it's usually said "Barack HUUUUUUUUU-SAAYYYYNNE Obama" in front of a crowd of rednecks.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

George dubya....

It's not full, but it's become cliche to use his middle initial...And it's usually said with the southern slang I tried to enunciate through text. Both sides are guilty of stupid shit with middle names.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA4_RQzhl4g

Random weird dude at the end. But yeah, definitely sounds like some sort of scare tactic to goad people into not voting for Obama.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Tyche, the man's father with same first and last was also president. gimme a fuckin' break. Saying Barack H. Obama wouldn't even be an issue; it's just roll off the tongue awkwardly which is why no one says it.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    George dubya....

It's not full, but it's become cliche to use his middle initial...And it's usually said with the southern slang I tried to enunciate through text. Both sides are guilty of stupid shit with middle names.
    how is that the same? They call him W. cause he has same name is his dad who was president.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It's not the initials or his fathers name...don't be naive, it's the intent. They wouldn't say "dubya" if that was the case. They use "dubya" as a pot-shot to the intelligence to the president, his accent, and the intelligence of his constituents (stereotyping the south). They use Obama's full middle name because of fear association. It's not the same thing, but both have very poor intentions.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm Texan and we say "Dub-ya" cause thats how we say it.