Page 11 of 307 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    hmm, Dustin Browder just said it's extremely unlikely that Heart of the Swarm will be released this year, might be a hint Blizz is focusing on D3 first?
    Either one being released is win-win.

I want lurkers dammit.

Anyways the one thing I hope DOES NOT CHANGE is that when you are rolling with the BEST possible gear that you are god in the game and can destroy everything which was the fun part with D2. Hell 8 player games were EASY when you were a decked out javazon or hammerdin and that was a lot of fun.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Despite the fact Torchlight one was boring as shit.
    I wasted money on torchlight. Played it for maybe an hour and was sick of it. One giant cave that randomly changes, no thanks.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Hots or D3 would be amazing. Do want continuation of the campaign mode.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I wasted money on torchlight. Played it for maybe an hour and was sick of it. One giant cave that randomly changes, no thanks.
    Mods man, mods. Same no change shit will be in this too.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...unter-revealed
    The male demon hunter is the latest addition to Diablo III's line-up of playable characters, Eurogamer can exclusively reveal.

Exclusive screenshots and art of the character are below.

Like the female version unveiled in spectacular fashion at last year's Blizzcon event, he's a weapon-based ranged character cut from dark, mysterious cloth.

"This is a class where you get to play at being a little bit on the edgy side," art director Christian Lichtner told Eurogamer. "This is a class that knows things about demons that no other class knows. They understand the nature of the conflict that Sanctuary is in - they understand that it's a fight between heaven and hell."

Lichtner explained that the development team was shooting for a lean, mean, muscular aesthetic befitting such an enigmatic, shadowy figure.

"The female demon hunter is obviously a lot sexier. The male? Well, he's more of a Clint Eastwood type. He's dark and moody – you don't want to meet him in a dark alley."

"He's definitely the most stylish, most metropolitan of our characters," added senior designer Jason Bender. "He's got a modern sensibility in that regard. I think of Trent Reznor when I look at him."

According to Lichtner, the design team tried out a number of different looks on their way to the sleek, agile killing machine you see below.

"When we first talked about the demon hunter... early on he was more like a Ranger. He looked like Aragorn from Lord of the Rings," Lichtner explained. "It was very straightforward and read correctly but there was nothing exciting about it, so we added a bit of a twist.

"We experimented with more of a desert ranger feel - like a Middle Eastern influence - and even that wasn't quite working. We gave him dual-wielding knives at one point."

In classic Blizzard fashion, his final form was the result of round after round of iteration.

"People would be surprised at how much thought and design goes into each class," Lichtner insisted.

"As a result, both on the male and the female side, we talk to both genders to see how appealing each class is to them. We want to make sure that when we create our female classes they aren't overly objectified. These are not your standard high fantasy characters.

"On the male side it's the same idea. We want these to be believable characters that feel like they have a real background; that there's some meat behind them."

That should complete the list of available character classes for the keenly-anticipated action RPG sequel. You've got male and female strains of Monk, Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor and Wizard to choose from.

There's still no firm word on when you'll get to put them all through their paces though. Blizzard top dog Rob Pardo last week said that a 2011 release was the goal, while Activision CFO Thomas Tippl hinted that, at the latest, it will be on shelves in 2012.
    http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/a...oncept.jpg.jpg
    in game screens at the link

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not bad. Deff playing demon hunter, dunno if male or female.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Demon Hunter was a lot of fun to play at Blizzcon. Seeing as I will be running through this game with 2-3 different groups, I will definatly play this class through one run fo sho'

Like an ugly version of Ezio. When will Japan learn they put too many belts on their characters. Wait, what?

A. Body
    BG Level

that's... way too much armor to show off the character himself for the first time, who i don't see anything unique about

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...onsoles-is-on/
    I just say Meh to this. As long as the PC version is primary, and isn't dumbed down for consoles it'll be ok.
    I don't know how/if Bnet will work with XBOX because microsoft is so stingy on developer software. We'll see though i'm sure i'll work good on PS3, Xbox i really don't know

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Diablo 1 was on playstation, and that news is at least 4 months old and only resurfacing because bad sites are picking up that they just recently cross-posted the old job posting on gamasutra.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Diablo 1 was on playstation,
    ya and it plays extremely similar to both of the previous games, so I don't think having it on a console will be too much of an issue.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Certainly has the graphics for any console zzz; I kid I kid..
    I'm hating that it looks as terrible as it does though. I know it looks worlds better than 1 and 2 but it seems they picked the 'if your PC can run WoW, it can run this' route on this one.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    ya and it plays extremely similar to both of the previous games, so I don't think having it on a console will be too much of an issue.
    I think it'll only be an issue to fanboys who Blizzard has "betrayed".

The PS3 version if one is ever made would definitely peak my interest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Fenux View Post
    I'm hating that it looks as terrible as it does though. I know it looks worlds better than 1 and 2 but it seems they picked the 'if your PC can run WoW, it can run this' route on this one.
    Considering the fact that there's going to be 30+ enemies onscreen at times, picture-perfect graphics are a double-edged sword. Diablo with super-omg-awesome graphics will break most computers if you play with others in the middle of a hoard of enemies. Game looks pretty damn solid to me. (dont mean that in a FUCK YOU YOU'RE WRONG way, just sayin.)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not a fan of birds eye view but the game still looks like a lot of fun. Reminds me of the champions of norrath games for the ps2 only better graphics.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Considering the fact that there's going to be 30+ enemies onscreen at times, picture-perfect graphics are a double-edged sword. Diablo with super-omg-awesome graphics will break most computers if you play with others in the middle of a hoard of enemies. Game looks pretty damn solid to me. (dont mean that in a FUCK YOU YOU'RE WRONG way, just sayin.)
    Oh yeah, I know. Also an excellent marketing strategy if any average computer can run it, too. The game looks just fine, just not the standard for today's game - 30+ players or not. Not gonna say they don't know what they're doing because last I checked, WoW has always looked like it came out of a donkey's ass and still has more players than like any game put together

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Flower View Post
    Not a fan of birds eye view but the game still looks like a lot of fun. Reminds me of the champions of norrath games for the ps2 only better graphics.
    how fucking great would a camera with zoom in/out capability be, a la WoW.

or maybe not. actually never mind, i don't know of a situation where you'd want to zoom in up close with this game unless it was for soon-to-be-dropped loot so you can react quickly and pick up the item.

Even then, alt-clicking at max zoom would probably be better due to less mouse movement.

Nothing really wrong with 3/4 overhead as long as you're not visually obstructed too often. If there's anything I've come to hate with games and free roaming cameras is how I might be at one distance, round a corner or get near some kind of doodad, just to have it spaz and zoom in (and out) until it can go back to how I had it, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenux View Post
    I wish they didn't go with the horrible cartoon style of WoW for this game, and stuck to the old D2 color palette.