+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 307 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    << Is at Blizzcon this weekend.

Wizard is a super-Sorceress. Her projectiles move much much faster and she has a lot more short-range power than the Sorceress ever did.

Plus the overall synergy between the party is a lot better. The demo lets you play through to the first boss who is pretty cake to any Diablo veterans but whose design leaves some pretty obvious roles to fill: someone to tank the thing, someone to handle the adds, someone to do damage to the boss between add waves. Some may cry 'too much WoW in mah Diablo' but the encounter is still the same hack and slash you love from the old Diablo games. Plus the ability to actually avoid some of the goddamn damage is nice.
    Did you beat the demo Correction? For our group, our second time at the demo, we just rushed through and killed shit as fast as we could to beat the boss. By the time we killed it, I felt like I was back playing D2, and forgot I was playing D3. Bunch of yellows dropped off the boss, and im like shit I dont have any identify scrolls! (lol, considering if you beat the boss, the demo ends)

I only got to play it twice, but I'll probably spend more time at it and SC2 booths tomorrow, since there are fewer interesting panels (though I do want to catch the SC and WC3 finals). Today, I only tried Wizard and Barb. Took me a bit to get used to pressing one to use any spells not set to the mouse. Barb felt really smooth though to me, spamming the shit out of that hammer, lol. I gotta try witch doctor tomorrow, my friend was having a lot of fun on it (he loved necro in D2 to give you an idea of his tastes). Fire enchanted zombie dogs and a ton of toads were all over my screen, lol.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I hope Druid is back. Werewolf Druid and their disgustingly large amounts of HP and Fury spam were satisfying as fuck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

IGN video looked really good. Love that some of the old sound bites are still there, like when loot drops after you kill a mob. The "squish" sound comes up a bit frequently for my tastes though. All in all i cant wait to get my hands on the final game, which wont be till late next year knowing blizzard :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Cant tell you how eager I m to play, I couldnt go to comic con cause my dad broke his elbow and forearm, so had to sell my ticket. I really wanna get a chance to play it and in an interview the lead designer said their thinking of brining the game to PS3 and maybe 360. I think it would work on PS3 better imo, but we'll see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

ps3/360? wow. Wonder how it'll play? Maybe like those baulder's gate games that came out for ps2? Be weird to see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah im unsure how it would play, would be intresting to see, depending upon how big the game is would see if it fit the 360 or not, 1 disc is 8 GB but hell if fable 2 or fallout 3 can fit these discs should be fine I think.

Also in before typical PC assholes, this is just speculation, dont get sand in your vagina's, I know some of you are like this, just know its speculation and dont get your panties in a bunch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I assume dungeons are still randomly generated? I would assume they would'nt axe one of their best features but I havent seen any evidence one way or the other.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    IGN video looked really good. Love that some of the old sound bites are still there, like when loot drops after you kill a mob. The "squish" sound comes up a bit frequently for my tastes though. All in all i cant wait to get my hands on the final game, which wont be till late next year knowing blizzard :/
    You know which company is producing this game right? Next year? I wish I could be that optimistic!

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I assume dungeons are still randomly generated? I would assume they would'nt axe one of their best features but I havent seen any evidence one way or the other.
    I remember when they announced it at WWI, they even took that concept farther. The randomly generated dungeons were definitely being carried over, but they were also planning some randomly generated mini-quests (like lets say, when walking through the randomly generated area, you'd come across a randomly generated broken down house, with a bunch of monsters inside and a quest to clear them out or something to that effect.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Now THAT is cool. Will keep the replay value up longer than even the first two titles. Now, just to hope my old pc can handle this one

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Yeah im unsure how it would play, would be intresting to see, depending upon how big the game is would see if it fit the 360 or not, 1 disc is 8 GB but hell if fable 2 or fallout 3 can fit these discs should be fine I think.

Also in before typical PC assholes, this is just speculation, dont get sand in your vagina's, I know some of you are like this, just know its speculation and dont get your panties in a bunch.
    The original Diablo was on PS1, so this isn't too odd of an idea. I still regret not picking up that $5 copy of Diablo I found in a gamestop, because since then I've only seen it for $15+.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I cannot wait for D3 <3 With SCII and D3 I may just have to quit my job at Time Warner >_<

I just re-installed Diablo 1 on my PC...Simple game with awsome replay(Fuck you Warlord of Blood!)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It'd probably play kinda like D1 on PS1 except not shitty.
    (Yes, Diablo was released for PS1)

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    It'd probably play kinda like D1 on PS1 except not shitty.
    (Yes, Diablo was released for PS1)
    Nothing can compare to the wonderful Starcraft 64.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Did you beat the demo Correction? For our group, our second time at the demo, we just rushed through and killed shit as fast as we could to beat the boss. By the time we killed it, I felt like I was back playing D2, and forgot I was playing D3. Bunch of yellows dropped off the boss, and im like shit I dont have any identify scrolls! (lol, considering if you beat the boss, the demo ends)

I only got to play it twice, but I'll probably spend more time at it and SC2 booths tomorrow, since there are fewer interesting panels (though I do want to catch the SC and WC3 finals). Today, I only tried Wizard and Barb. Took me a bit to get used to pressing one to use any spells not set to the mouse. Barb felt really smooth though to me, spamming the shit out of that hammer, lol. I gotta try witch doctor tomorrow, my friend was having a lot of fun on it (he loved necro in D2 to give you an idea of his tastes). Fire enchanted zombie dogs and a ton of toads were all over my screen, lol.
    Yeah my group killed the boss no problem, although one of the tards in my group got lost and wound up dying to the zombies that explode and was eaten alive by Lampreys.

Identify scrolls drop like candy from mobs. Also bookcases are all over the place, you have to topple them. I think I still had ~5 Identify scrolls when the boss died.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So...how sexy is barb, tell me everything in detail!

Also, does it look like we might be seeing more of the awesome +400% running speed crack addict characters that used to run around? Or are they going to try and give it more of a...a natural feel? I guess I'd say; y'know, instead of zealadins attacking like 40 times a second or are they going to keep that?

Need more info released D:

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Nothing can compare to the wonderful Starcraft 64.
    I downloaded an emulator of that just to see how it played. Graphics were much worse than on PC, and it was...awkward. Only really played like 1 mission though.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    So...how sexy is barb, tell me everything in detail!

Also, does it look like we might be seeing more of the awesome +400% running speed crack addict characters that used to run around? Or are they going to try and give it more of a...a natural feel? I guess I'd say; y'know, instead of zealadins attacking like 40 times a second or are they going to keep that?

Need more info released D:
    Barb is pretty awesome but the demo only really let you get your classes to level 4-5 so you didn't see much epic loot drop.

It does seem like they're trying to get attack/run speed under control, however. Even the regular mobs didn't attack that fast.

Then again it was only the first dungeon so anything's possible later on. I know Wizards cast spells incredibly fast now compared to caster classes before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

God im so excited for this game, prob wont come out till christmas of 09 tho ;/

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

That reminds me, do you still have stat points / skill points that you get at level up? I'm guessing yes, and is it still 5 stat / 1 skill?

Also, what level do skills go up to? .. I mean do you stop getting new skills at level 30 or does it go on a bit longer?