+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 307 FirstFirst ... 257 297 305 306 307

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

the upgrading of gems is no longer a substantial gold sink. shit, more gold is removed from people unsocketing marquise. I agree with the gem dropping needing revamping -- for the exact same reason you say it's dumb to suggest 4hrs to cap NV, it's fucking absurd to need to find 7000+ of something just to get what you want. Look at me, I've played more regularly than most D3 players on BG, and I'm not even halfway to a single marquise ruby. They don't all need to drop, but to be able to find Star tier through some rare event/spawn or special task would be a phenomenal improvement. Now if they become so commonplace the AH price tanks, okay.. I can sort of see your argument, but they want to diminish the significance of the AH ultimately anyway.

otherwise, I agree with what's a crappy suggestion and what is pretty good

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think he's spot on for almost everything in the post. Especially agree with his take on gems. I pick up every flawless square I see but at this point I don't upgrade them further because the costs far exceed the benefits. Getting a random star drop via boss or rare kills would make gems more exciting.

Only thing I don't agree with is his idea to scrap paragon levels and change how NV works. I think his proposed change makes it very difficult for the fresh lvl 60 character to progress onto higher MP. Right now I can only safely run as high as A3 on MP0, and while a better geared character can run a higher MP and has a better shot at better drops, I'm at least accumulating paragon xp and through that I'm progressing. If I run 2-3 hours and dont see a good drop I at least have the paragon. with his proposed changes I'd be totally reliant on that "one drop" and need longer sessions. I think his paragon/NV idea helps people on the top but makes life a lot harder for people closer to the bottom.

Meh, feel like the guy has too much of a boner for rarity. Game gets old fast when nothing good drops, doesn't matter if you're P100 or not. Fair crafting is the best way around this, but ultimately his idea is to just create a ton of ingredients that people would probably never find and likely result in junky randomized synths, anyway. I was just bored when I got to him talking about the mystic by that point.

As for gems, yeah, I feel like higher tiers should be droppable. Maybe not by fodder, but still possible to find. I have yet to synthesize a radiant star anything, let alone a marquise, because all the BS people spew about gold raining from the sky simply isn't true if you're not a botter/flipper. This is one of those cases where Blizz needs to get a better feel on expectations of their players, as 20 million simply for a synth would probably be 30-50 hours for me. For one gem if I put gold drops exclusively into that. Fuck you. I think I have around 350 hours on my DH and she's probably at best comfortable on MP6 or 7. Upgrading further just isn't reasonable and why I haven't touched the game in 2 months or so.

Give me a system where I can enchant whites to blues, blues to yellows, yellows to greens, then greens to golds. Don't lock it behind 1:50000+ drops so self-found people actually have a chance. Let me control this process by burning gems into it, so if I did nothing but emeralds from white to unique, I'd have a hell of a +DEX item. Or I could be more balanced and add VIT to the mix, too. Bring Diamonds back so we can have an All Resist option. Let all gear (except maybe belts) get 3 gem slots. Standardize these items so it's not Sword A is always better than Sword B because A starts out with 30 more DPS, and in turn it becomes more about aesthetics. I don't need to glow or fart tornadoes to feel like I'm improving, either. To that end, I find his "exclusive rune" thing dumb. I'd rather the skill as a whole get modified. The lesser rune variants that exist now obviously need to help when it comes to build diversity, not just ignoring that problem in hopes a new shiny makes us forget.

But, blah.. I'm just going to shut up because none of this is going to happen and the whiners who crave for a game only the basement dwellers can thrive in will win out in the end.