+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unemployment     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

Unemployment

So I been laid off for the past few months. First month I didn't care, second month I figured I'd apply to EDD, third month started to wonder wth is my EDD. Now in my fourth month being dicked around like a fucking beggar.

Only question I'm wondering atm is, Anyone know how many items I am supposed to put in the Work Search Record (Section B)

I think I got the other shit figured out, but I'm sure they'll make something up.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What State are you in? This is the general instructions. Did you get a PIN number?

Work Search Log:
    - Each week you are expected to make a reasonable effort to obtain a job. You will receive a work search log for you to keep a record of your work search activities and job contacts.
    - Periodically, we will notify you to send in your logs for review. If you return to work, you must fax or send in your completed Work Search Log(s). New logs will be sent to you every 5 weeks you remain unemployed.

E. Body
    BG Level

I live in CA. They do a form every two weeks, in order to get the check. Last time pissed me off so much. They claim I forgot to check one of the boxes that asked if I searched for work so they resent the form back to me. Even if I didn't click it, there's the searched for work form with jobs that I applied to....

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I usually tried to put in 5 to 10 apps a week when I was on unemployment at the least. They have pretty low standards on it though and just want to make sure people are trying to find something in their field and not jerking them around.

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    I live in CA. They do a form every two weeks, in order to get the check. Last time pissed me off so much. They claim I forgot to check one of the boxes that asked if I searched for work so they resent the form back to me. Even if I didn't click it, there's the searched for work form with jobs that I applied to....
    Hmm. Gotta click it. Click all applicable boxes(regardless of whether you looked for work or not). Also, if you did look for work, write down where you looked(i.e. applied @ best buy, gamestop etc). You also have to access your CalJobs page at least once every 30 days otherwise they'll jump on your ass. CalJObs is pretty great since there's a fuckton of job listings and if you have your resume all set up you just push a button to have it sent to the employers. Anyhow, good luck with your job hunt

E. Body
    BG Level

Caljobs isn't that great. All the stuff that applied to my field is on Careerbuilder, same with monster. I can get them all off careerbuilder.

And yea, I know I'm supposed to click all the boxes, which i thought I did. But what I'm saying is even if I didn't it shows on the back in the work search record that I wrote write on the back, which they know is there because they asked for it.

Problem is now there aren't many jobs that apply to my field, so I wanna know how many "filler" jobs I should apply to also.

Try craigslist?

Just find your state and city, and specific areas in the city. Bunch of job categories, etc etc.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

You only have to fill out the "work search form" on the back if that little box on the front is X'ed. Usually (at least for me in Cali) it's only X'ed once like 3 months into your unemployment.

Is yours X'ed?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

stop mooching off the government and get a job. goddamn hippi

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have been on unemployment twice in my life here in CA. I just checked the box that said I was looking for a job, even when I wasn't and they never asked me for further details. I wonder why they require that for some people and not for others?

One time I was on unemployment for like 6 months until my benefits ran out. Never once did they ask for proof that I was still "looking for a job." Interesting.

(I was of course spending all of my valuable time playing FFXI when it first came out. )

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by wyrmtung View Post
    One time I was on unemployment for like 6 months until my benefits ran out (I was of course spending all of my valuable time playing FFXI when it first came out. )
    "we do not want your real life to suffer because of this game, Please do not for get your friends, family, friends, and work."
    fail?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    fail?
    Don't playa hate. Appreciate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    fail?
    Can't ignore the job he doesn't have, can he?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

god damn hippies