• Navigation
Closed Thread
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

VLC player and loading mp4/subtitle files.

I just upgraded to 0.9.4 VLC player and I'm having troubles getting it to play subtitles on an anime I'm watching. The Anime episodes are .mp4 and subtitles are .ass. On the 0.8.6 version of VLC player I had the subtitles working (but I had no navigation bar and it was "lagging out" during one part and I missed a bunch of lines and then would have to watch 15min of the episode over to get to that part and hope it doesn't "lag" again) but now they don't even come up. On files that have subtitles encoded into them the subtitles show fine, so I think I'm either missing a codec or something, but no idea what. I have k-lite codec pack downloaded/installed, but no other codec packs. Any ideas? Or suggestions for something else I can easily use for these files? gmplayer and media player classic haven't worked for me either.

try ffdshow/directvobsub with mpc, its played everything i've ever thrown at it. disclaimer: I've never seen an .ass subtitle file <_>

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

About the ASS subtitles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubStation_Alpha

I second Media Player Classic. No matter how much you love VLC (and trust me, I understand why people adore the program; I still have it although I rarely utilize it), you should be using MPC.

I used VLC until I started watching 1080p movies, lags unless I have -nothing- else open, I still use it to watch ISO/IMG files instead of burning them, but thats about it

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain View Post
    try ffdshow/directvobsub with mpc, its played everything i've ever thrown at it. disclaimer: I've never seen an .ass subtitle file <_>
    Did this and it's working. I used to have that installed on my old computer, guess I didn't have a reason to install them on this one until now.

I like VLC a bit better, especially its new fancy look since I just upgraded, but I can leave it for my other anime.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have a problem with Drivers

Yo.
    I'm faced with a problem. I can not find a driver for my PC(Sony).
    There are a lot of viruses or doesn't work at all or more,they want me to make a paid subscription.Help.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShonSpawnpn View Post
    Yo.
    I'm faced with a problem. I can not find a driver for my PC(Sony).
    There are a lot of viruses or doesn't work at all or more,they want me to make a paid subscription.Help.
    You need to download more ram and overclock your hard drives.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph