Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

In what order did you get your GP items?

I'm finally getting to the point that I need to get my GP items to start HQing! (aka: breaking) some synths, and I was wondering what order people went in with their Guild Points. To be specific, I'm talking strictly +skill or other tangible items, since key items have their own merits / uses.

Logically, it seems like you'd go lowest to highest for the rate of return on GP items (so you'd have +1 sooner), but do the higher point items have any bonus effect (mog house items)? I've only been able to see +1 skill, but do they help with crit breaks, etc?

In any case, I'm thinking Apron first since it's kind of a right of passage, but was curious as to what others have done .

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For smithing, I got sheeting first, then the belt for some retarded reason to this day I still don't get why. Then I got my gloves/apron/anvil when I had enough points and high enough rank. I'm currently saving for my ring because I'm sick of HQing shit that needs to be NQ. I might just say screw the rest of the items for now until I get my Clothcraft and Leathercraft items. When I first started crafting, I wasn't aware that you needed to have a certain rank before you were able to get the +1 skill items.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

In Smithing, I got key items that i expected to be of use to me while skilling up when they became available (such as sheeting, chainworking), then the +skill items as they became available.

When I did leather sub, I got the key items that I thought would be of use while skilling up (the one that would let me make the high breath mantles, I can't for the likes of me remember the name).

When you have both the "old" and the "new" mog house items, you get the moglification:craftnamehere item, which is supposed to have a chance of reducing materials lost when breaking.

Get what you can make use of while levelling, the "special" stuff can wait until later.

New Merits
    BG Level

The +Skill items don't have a different effect except for when you have both pieces of furniture. I did apron > accessory > furniture > key items just because I wanted to wear apron first, but logically you'd want to do accessory > apron > furniture.

If you're raising Alchemy, getting Anima key item early is good for skilling through the 70s.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For Clothcraft I got my spectacles first, then I got spinning since I found every time I did GP items I spent 20 minutes making thread/cloth, and then I got my apron. Currently working on my signboard

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sadly I got past the Anima stage before it was around, and only recently have gotten back to it lol. At 97.2 now with some key items and such, but never stopped to do the accessories. Thanks for the tips, it looks like the furniture combination will be cool, but that'll be in the future once other stuff is done from what you're saying

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Useful key items (lumberjack, sheeting, lumberjack-like alchemy one that I can't spell, anima making for skilling) > apron > other +1 item > anything else.

I like getting my aprons first because they're way more visible and then the second +1 item seems easier because it's fewer GP.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I did furniture -> apron -> gloves.

I didnt get any of the +1 items while leveling up, and figured it would be better to get the long ones out of the way first.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I started GP as soon as I hit 38(?) and got Gloves + Apron at the same time (68?). Currently working on Furniture > Ring > Signboard.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Moglification goooooo. Just get all the skill items, if you haven't gotten any yet I'd do the two furniture first, combined they have the biggest effect.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

First did Fishing Shoes then goldsmithing.

For Goldsmithing, it is really easy to get the GP. I went Shades > Apron > Mog house Piece > Then released Key items Sheeting / Chaingwork / Clock Making / Gold Ensorcellment > moglification

Then did Smithing Gloves > Alchemy Caduceus > now about 13k away from Serpent Rumors.

I have too much GP gear.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Apron > Gloves > Anvil.

then GS glasses. need to do moglification

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

accessory - apron - key item - furnishing - 2 sub accessories - key item - signboard - ring

is how I went and I hope to god that I don't have to do anymore freaking GP! ever!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    accessory - apron - key item - furnishing - 2 sub accessories - key item - signboard - ring

is how I went and I hope to god that I don't have to do anymore freaking GP! ever!
    I usually go from the cheapest to the most expensive GP-wise...as for WW gloves, then apron and then desk.

Cooking is about the same way, but with a subtle twist : I got Raw Fish Handling, then the hat, getting my apron this week, and I swear to god I will never turn in a single more cooking GP item because they fucking suck aids-filled-donkey-ass. Cooking furniture can rot in hell. That had to be said.

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Gloves, Apron, Anvil, Key Items

The new rings worth doing for Skillups or best off doing +1 items first?

Was planning Hat > Apron first for Cooking but figure the ring may help with skillups, or at least with not HQing useless ingredients I can't use.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Smithing
    I did Apron -> Gloves -> still need more GP for anvil and then key items etc.
    Obviously a smarter route would have been gloves first then apron, but I just wanted to wear my apron first.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cooking
    I did hat -> apron -> signboard -> cordon bleu set.

I would have done signboard last, but my MH layout meant that if I had gotten the Cordon Bleu Set first, I would have had Moghancement: Wind. Getting the signboard first, with its slightly higher elemental power, let me have Moghancement Cooking sooner without needing to completely gut and redo my Mog House.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Bone:

Glasses
    Apron

Leather mitts

Then bone fang.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cloth:
    Magnifying Specs

Decided to do Leather main instead (Cloth was 65)

Tanner's Gloves
    Tanner's Apron
    Golden Fleece
    Key Items
    Bonecraft Glasses
    Tanner's Signboard
    Tanner's Ring (72k/80k)

After I use/waste all my current GP I'll probably work on subcraft GP items.