The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 7 - The seasons most boring week

I looked through the rest of the schedule, and this weeks seems to be the yawner. If it becomes anything like last week however, it'll be exciting. The intriguing matchups here are few and far between.

San Diego @ Buffalo - This, along with the next mentioned, are probably one of the better matchups on paper. An improved Buffalo team at home against an improving San Diego team on the road. I think Trent Edwards is going to be back, however, LT and Sproles both missed practice. Still expect them to play. San Diego wins...

New Orleans @ Carolina - Probably the only other meaningful matchup of the week. New Orleans needs the win bad. Last in the division but possibly one of the best teams in there. I think Colsten is returning and Brees is on pace to SHATTER Marino's single season yardage record. He actually laid up last week and was still remarkable. New Orleans wins.

Minnesota @ Chicago - Hopefully more exciting than it sounds. Chicago comes home after an embarassing loss down in the ATL. Chicago comes back strong. Chicago wins.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinatti - Despite injuries, I still think Pitt is one of the better teams in the league. Cinci is one of the worst and they're without Palmer. Pitt wins easily.

Tennessee @ Kansas City - The last week of the Titans undefeated streak before Manning rips them a new asshole the following Monday. I hope they play more inspired than Denver. I'll be disappointed if KC beats them before Indi has the chance...

Baltimore @ Miami - REVENGE. Baltimore handed Miami their only win last season and I'm sure they are bitter. They are also bitter from getting lit up like a fucking candle by Manning last week. The ravens roll.

San Francisco @ New York Giants - Let's not kid ourselves, the Giants are very good. Last week won't reoccur. Giants roll big.

Dallas @ St. Louis - Could be a close on as Johnson gets adjusted to his new personel. St. Louis is coming off an emotional win that I just don't think they can sustain. Dallas wins on the final drive.

Detroit @ Houston - Houston plays another home game after almost getting embarassed by Miami. It was their first winand I don't usually like 1-4 teams to win 2 in a row, however, Detroit is really bad. I'm calling a potential upset, but too pussy to lock it in. Houston wins.

Indianapolis @ Green Bay - he's not that damn good Plow, and even if he was, it wouldn't matter here. The worst possible problem to have when going up against indi is an injured secondary. Green bay has an injured secondary. Manning throws for 300+ and 3 TDs as the Colts steamroll another victim of Manning's two surgery recovery.

New York Jets @ Oakland - The only thing that could possibly make this interesting would be Favre throwing for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns. Otherwise, I don't give a shit. New York, why not?

Cleveland @ Washington - OMG washington lost to St. Louis, the foundation is falling apart, fire Zorn yada yada ya. Washington proves they deserve to be among the elite of the NFC and roll the 1 win browns who will again underachieve.

Seattle @ Tampa Bay - Seattle is the unluckiest team in the NFL hands down. A slew of injuries to every position on the field has crushed their season. The starting QB, RB, and every WR has missed games. Jeff Garcia will play inspired football. The bucs win.

Denver @ New England - Down the slope the Broncos fall. OK, I was wrong about them, they aren't that great. Still, their secondary sucks as Phillip Rivers demonstrated. Cutler has an arm and some targets to throw it to. New England mans up on defense and pulls this game out of their ass on a Matt Cassel 2 minute drive.

There you have it folks, write it down...all winners baby.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Go Rams!

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Bengals going to win 10 straight games to go to the playoffs. MMMM I love mid-week enthusiasm.

E. Body
    BG Level

TEN @ KC could be a trap game.

Undefeated team, yes, but at Arrowhead against a team that noone will consider winning? It's like Rams-Skins last week.

KC @ Arrowhead has a history of busting up undefeated teams. Look at a few years ago when SD would march in, with LT in his prime, and leave empty handed.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Go Rams!
    Go Saints!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

SD @ BUF, IND @ GB, and NO @ CAR should be entertaining, which kinda sucks because none of those teams are ranked in the top 5.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Tennessee @ Kansas City - The last week of the Titans undefeated streak before Manning rips them a new asshole the following Monday. I hope they play more inspired than Denver. I'll be disappointed if KC beats them before Indi has the chance...

I love how you claim to be a Titans fan.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm telling you money was exchanged for that giant game...

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I love how you claim to be a Titans fan.
    You have never, ever seen me ONCE say I was a Titans fan lol. Are you trolling? I said I lived near Nashville (about 2 hours away). I'm a fins fan through and through. I like the Titans, I love Jeff Fisher, but a fan? No.

And yes, I picked the fins to lose. I can't be a fan and think objectively?

Ridill
    BG Level

I coulda sworn I've seen you argue when talking about VY that you're a Titans fan you just hate him.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

You may have seen me say I like the Titans. I do. I loved McNair, Love Fisher, I cried when they lost the superbowl by a yard (ok, not really). You get my point. I'm not wearing a Titans jersey around and I don't have a Titans throw blanket on my couch.

Ridill
    BG Level

I don't even own a VY jersey!

I bet you could NEVER guess the only 2 pro jerseys I own.

edit, totally adding a hint because I'm bored as shit and want to see how much attention people pay/how much people know

they're both red, one is #19 one is #40

Tyche why do you hate my saints

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The Saints are my NFC superbowl pick

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Go SKINS, even though last week was pathetic.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Denver is gonna win that Monday Night game. People put too much faith in Matt Cassel, seriously.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

1 small correction, the browns are 2-3, beat both the giants and cincy.

My upset pick of the week is the browns over the skins.

Go Saints!

E. Body
    BG Level

I can't wait to watch the Vikings game. Big divisional matchup, but this time we have Gus to actually THROW IT DOWNFIELD...

Berrian has gone over 100 yards twice this year -- outside of Week 5's performance, the last 100 yards receiver we've had was TROY WILLIAMSON...IN WEEK 2...OF 2006...TWO YEARS!!!

Anyway, Adrian has 5 touchdowns in 2 games against the Bears - the backfield is injured, their defensive line is playing sub-par, and we have McKinnie back, warmed up for a few games after the 4 game suspension. I'm extremely excited.

I hope the Rams pull another upset, allowing the Eagles to inch back into playoff contention. But the biggest thing to me in terms of divisional matchups was last week's thrashing of the Panthers by the Bucs. Not only were the Panthers becoming a sexy pick, playing solid defense and offense, but they were 4-1. In come the Bucs, without their starting fullback - Earnest Graham selflessly plugs himself in at fullback, and wham, a 27-3 routing.

The only thing more awesome than that was how much Garcia hates Antonio Bryant. Garcia : Ike Hilliard :: Griese : Antonio Bryant. Look it up, it's hilarious the way the numbers swing.

San Diego @ Buffalo - This, along with the next mentioned, are probably one of the better matchups on paper. An improved Buffalo team at home against an improving San Diego team on the road. I think Trent Edwards is going to be back, however, LT and Sproles both missed practice. Still expect them to play. San Diego wins...
    On the Buffalo side of things: It seems Trent Edwards will be back, which is good for the Bills. He's a more accurate passer than Losman and controls the clock alot better.

However, it seems Terrence McGee and Youbouty are still out.

Roscoe Parrish should be back on Punt Returns, not sure if he'll do any WR stuff.

Hopefully the Bills had enough time to prepare during the BYE to fix that gaping hole the O-line had when they let Edwards get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I don't even own a VY jersey!

I bet you could NEVER guess the only 2 pro jerseys I own.

edit, totally adding a hint because I'm bored as shit and want to see how much attention people pay/how much people know

they're both red, one is #19 one is #40
    Keyshawn and Alstott! loved that team back then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast