Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

So I've been doing some minor testing with my Sorc. Ring latent build and the blue cape.

I recently acquired a Serket Ring, and I'm going to put it in my Blm latent set. Since it has convert 50 HP to MP on it, I figured I could replace my Ether Ring (30 HP to MP) and Blue Cape (+15 MP, converts 15 HP to MP). When I played with it, I noticed that my HP is only dropping down to 562, which is 5 HP above what it normally drops down to. Now, this can't be right. How can 45 HP to MP give me 5 more MP than 50 HP to MP. So, after a few tests, I've narrowed the unknown (to me) variable to the Blue Cape. For whatever reason, the Blue Cape is taking away 25 HP and only giving me 20 MP. Is there something I'm missing, or is it supposed to work this way?

I... don't follow. A blue cape is +15 mp, 15 hp to mp. That means the overall change should be from equipping it alone should be -15 hp, +30 mp. Can you post before & after pictures? It's possible that the NQ blue cape is just massively screwed up. I do know that the blue cape +1 works fine.

Here are two screen shots - one with my normal gear on and one with the Blue Cape on.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe it's because you're unequiping your prism cape (+10HP) and swapping to the blue cape. So technically equipping the blue cape will take off 25HP total.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Your prism cape gives you 10MP, when you swap to Blue Cape you are only gaining 20 MP.

Freakin' hell, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks, guys. >_<

That's correct then. As I said, the blue cape is overall -15 hp, +30 mp. Your prism cape is +10 hp, +10 mp. You're forgetting the influence of your cape. Look at it this way:

With prism cape on, you have:
    hp: 742 (from pic 1)
    hp: 998 (from pic 1)

That means, if you had nothing on in your back slot, you would have:
    hp: 732 (742 - 10 from prism cape)
    mp: 988 (998 - 10 from prism cape)

Now, if you put on your blue cape from having nothing in your back slot, you would have:
    hp: 732 - 15 = 717 (pic 2 verifies)
    mp: 988 + 30 = 1018 (pic 2 verifies)

So, if you switch from your prism cape directly to your blue cape, it works like this:
    hp: 742 - 10 (from removing prism cape) - 15 (from equipping blue cape) = 717
    mp: 998 - 10 (from removing prism cape) + 30 (from equipping blue cape) = 1018

So as you can see, overall you lose 25 hp from switching from prism to blue due to a negative effect from both pieces; whereas you gain 20 mp because de-equipping the prism is a negative effect whereas equipping the blue is a positive effect.

Edit: guess i said it the long way. Nevermind!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Keep in mind also, that if you nuke in your z mitts, you dont need to be @ 75% or lower to trigger the latent, as that converted hp>mp isn't counted towards your final hp. You can actually sit at around 77-78% depending on your base hp. Get the final 75% without equipping z mitts and then you're good to go with your macro. I hate this shit where blms think they need to be yellow, especially when using z mitts. Dumbasses aggroing undead mobs on 1st floor NW Apollyon...

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Easy way to check if you have zmitts:

Get to your supposed activated HP %, and then swap to the gear you would nuke in whle activated (inc mitts), and then unequip mitts. Your HP should go from white to yellow, if it doesnt, that means you need to subtact more HP, if it goes yellow, that means your fine, and may be able to take out some -hp gear even.

According to wiki, it says any +hp items in back for rings does not count towards max hp for sorc ring latent. Something else to keep in mind when making a sorc ring build.

Note: I tested the +hp for rings, and its correct. I have never tested +hp for back, so I wiki could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Easy way to check if you have zmitts:

Get to your supposed activated HP %, and then swap to the gear you would nuke in whle activated (inc mitts), and then unequip mitts. Your HP should go from white to yellow, if it doesnt, that means you need to subtact more HP, if it goes yellow, that means your fine, and may be able to take out some -hp gear even.
    It doesn't need to be yellow; I customised the hell out of my Bard HP down build when I got tired of jackass Red Mages curing me out of Minstrel's Ring latent. White HP, exactly spot-on 75%, will activate it.

At least, it did on BRD. Not sure on BLM. If you want to use it /WHM you'll probably want to have it yellow to give yourself some Auto-Regen breathing room anyway, but /WHM gives you less HP than /RDM (which gives you the same HP as /NIN iirc, so my BRD idea might work) so you'll have surplus HP down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior2582 View Post
    According to wiki, it says any +hp items in back for rings does not count towards max hp for sorc ring latent. Something else to keep in mind when making a sorc ring build.

Note: I tested the +hp for rings, and its correct. I have never tested +hp for back, so I wiki could be wrong.
    I have tested the capes and it has no effect either, equip aslan cape or gleemann's, nothing changes.