+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BG StarCraft     submit to reddit submit to twitter

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I just got possible the sickest UMS map I've ever played tonight. It's an RPG and it's extremely good. I was pleasantly surprised. It only has 3 players and definitely is not a "in one sitting" map. I ended up saving with the guys I was playing with after we farmed for a little while, gathering up mats and shit to craft into gear. Got to level 6.

If anyone from BG is interested in starting this map I'll let you dl and we can play a little and keep our progress saved.
    I'd be interested in that, I tend to really like certain RPG maps.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I also am interested.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Shoot me a PM those of you interested, I'm online now too so if you see this post just send me an AIM (it's in my profile).

Name of the map is Spellsword, it's got sweet music/sound effects and takes awhile to DL but it's worth it. I'll host it on my private server for those of us playing so you can download it faster than stupid b.net speeds.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Well, I was definitely off about the Best v. Stork match yaya lol. Stork showed up in perfect shape today... his strat in game 2 threw BeSt off, his reavers in game 3 were absolutely ridiculous, and his crazy ass strategy in game 4 put BeSt so far out of his element the rest of the game he looked scared of what the hell Stork was going to do next. "I forgot dragoon range" stork did not show up today.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Shoot me a PM those of you interested, I'm online now too so if you see this post just send me an AIM (it's in my profile).

Name of the map is Spellsword, it's got sweet music/sound effects and takes awhile to DL but it's worth it. I'll host it on my private server for those of us playing so you can download it faster than stupid b.net speeds.
    You could just post it here as an attachment and we could download it from here :D

Anyway, I'll probably be on later tonight (~7pm cst, about 10 hours and 20 minutes from the time of this post) on USWest, so if you wanna start a new game that'd be awesome.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waef View Post
    You could just post it here as an attachment and we could download it from here :D

Anyway, I'll probably be on later tonight (~7pm cst, about 10 hours and 20 minutes from the time of this post) on USWest, so if you wanna start a new game that'd be awesome.
    Step One: Get on USEast, West is terrible lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

made an account on East, its Ramzii

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Meh fine I'll make an account on East >.>

I'll probably use the same account name unless it's taken.

could people post regular times when they usually get on? i come home around 1-2am so its like 12pm~1pm EST i think. might be easier for us to meet up

geno: STORK WON DID YOU SEE IT HOLYT SHIT the match on plasma was so genius, the way he cockblocked pylon's build range and stuff awogkaweogaigagaga win

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bounds(Heaven? Hell? i havn't played this shit in forever lol)
    Level^, Glacier, Britney(lol), NextLevel, Heaven, Hell were my favorite bounds...god I wish I still had my old computer.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    Level^, Glacier, Britney(lol), NextLevel, Heaven, Hell were my favorite bounds...god I wish I still had my old computer.
    I has some of those I think.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I can't find a broodwar ISO

I downloaded broodwar, but its not letting me play it cause I need a CD

LazyShell
    BG Level

If you DL'd the ISO, the latest patch (or maybe second latest, I don't remember) allows it to be played without a CD. First, you should mount the ISO (using a program like PowerISO) to install the game. Then download and use the patch from here. [Alternatively, you can just keep the game mounted and log into B.net and it should automatically download and install the latest patch]. After you have the patch, copy the file "INSTALL.EXE" from the ISO into your Starcraft folder and rename it BroodWar.mpq. At this point you should be able to unmount the ISO and play it without a CD, assuming you had a CD key to start up (and a valid one to log into battle.net).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I didn't bother doing the whole .mpq dealy since I downloaded the torrent and never had a cd in the first place, thanks though, I got broodwar working :D

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok fuck you guys. I want to play those awesome RPGs again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

anyone wanna come play with me and waef on uswest? apparently we can't connect to each others game which is very gay.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Yeah it sucks. If someone else makes a game we both can usually join but neither of us can join a game hosted by the other.

are you guys playing melee? if you guys wanna play something i would be familiar with (aka not most UMS lol) i'll get on right now, you guys useast?

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

USWest. Usually I play UMS since I suck at melee but I'm willing to play.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok I caved in and installed starcraft but I accedently made a new account on USWest. Whoops. Anyway, anyone got any good RPG maps or something? :Q