CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Might wanna look into using the meats if you've done any of the cooking quests, they work out alot cheaper than potions overall and money's a bit of a pain to keep up if you're using potions.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

alright, Ive got most of the quests done, Ill dig around for some more

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

There's an easy way to get infinite money but it takes some set-up. You need two Gold Rings from Kalidus Channel rare chests, and the R-button glyph that enhances gold drops. Enter Tymeo Mountains from the right, go until you can drop down a screen. Immediately after dropping down a screen, you'll see a lantern on the right side. Activate the glyph, equip both Gold Rings, and double jump above that lantern. Press down + jump again to kick it, and you get 1000 gold. If you double-jump after kicking it, you'll go up one screen, then back down. Basically you keep kicking the lantern and double-jumping so you go up a screen and the lantern resets. If you get a good rhythm going you can get 50k gold a minute, even more if you're fast. I did not come up with this, it was all over gamefaqs, just thought I'd help out. Of course this won't help for shit if you don't have the double jump, two Gold Rings, and that glyph I can't remember the name of that increases gold drops... but oh well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

The game is definitely doable without potions. I have 1 boss left in Dracula's castle and I just finished the high potion quest today.

P.S. I'm terrible at these games, maybe it's my improved patience from playing FFXI almost 5 years.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Yeah, I didn't use potions at all except for the Large Cave.

Playing hard mode now with a fresh game, oh my god this is insane. The Monastery wasn't too bad, but Ruvas Forest is now full of Winged Skeletons that take off more than a third of your life by merely bumping into them, and they are all over the screen. The level is now a race to the Macir glyph in order to be able to take them out in one hit. Absorbing the Necromancer's zombie summon without dying suddenly becomes an incredible feat in gaming, or at the very least, patience.

This should be fun.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I'm playing NG+ right now, even at level 36 I can't get the medal on crab boss. Curse you clawwwww

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I started over without the New Game+ deal, took literally 30 tries (at least) to get through Ruvas Forest. To be fair, that was by far the worst part of the game so far, nothing else compares to that insanity.

I gotta say, the AP system in this game is ridiculous. Maxing out at 65k points when you get 1-5 points max per kill? And you have to do it for every attack type? Thank god for the rubber-band Fomor method or I wouldn't even bother. Still, whoever put the cap at 65k should be shot.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I started over without the New Game+ deal, took literally 30 tries (at least) to get through Ruvas Forest. To be fair, that was by far the worst part of the game so far, nothing else compares to that insanity.

I gotta say, the AP system in this game is ridiculous. Maxing out at 65k points when you get 1-5 points max per kill? And you have to do it for every attack type? Thank god for the rubber-band Fomor method or I wouldn't even bother. Still, whoever put the cap at 65k should be shot.
    Nobody is forcing you to max it, and what rubber-band trick? You're insane either way.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Obviously not, but it triples your damage and that sounds like fun for a New Game+ or some crazy Boss Rushes. It's still insane to make it go so high and progress so slowly. That's the kind of shit you expect in an MMO, not a DS Castlevania.

For the rubber-band trick, go to the room with two Fomors directly west of Albus's room in Mystery Manor. Make sure your defense is at least 78 and you have a Tower Ring and Emperor Ring on. Turn on the Refectio glyph, and make sure you have the up-button pressed down (a rubber band across the DS with a couple coins works great). You'll sit there absorbing glyphs constantly as the Fomors try to attack you, and with the Emperor Ring your Refectio will keep you alive indefinitely. Only problem is, this takes around two days to fully charge your AP. I quit around 12,000 when I noticed the up-button was starting to get less responsive, not worth ruining my DS lol.

TSPhoenix

Hi everyone, found this thread on Google and wanted to post =)

I've been playing this game heaps and I like it a lot. I've done most things in the game but I really can't kill the crab boss without getting hit. Anyone got any tips?

Oh btw I have 350 hearts and when I get a Hearts Max Up it doesn't increase so I'd assume that is the maximum.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Doing a Hard Mode level 1 run or something? I don't know what you got to work with in those circumstances

Tonko

Rubber band trick: There's a room with two White Formor enemies in Mystery Manor just to the left of the save point who cast a a glyph, equip a Tower Ring, Emperor Ring, and Refectio. Make sure each physical hit of the formor only does 1 damage, need like 93 defense to make this work. Rubber band a nickel on top of your Up button and just absorb glyphs for a couple days. Every glyph you absorb gives you +1 to each type of damage, they max at 65,535, and this gives you 300% damage I think.

As far as general strategy in the game, physical glyphs fail 90% of the time when compared to magical glyphs. Magician Shanoa > all

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TSPhoenix View Post
    Hi everyone, found this thread on Google and wanted to post =)

I've been playing this game heaps and I like it a lot. I've done most things in the game but I really can't kill the crab boss without getting hit. Anyone got any tips?
    By "crab boss," are you referring to the one in the Lighthouse?

[IGN link removed]

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    As far as general strategy in the game, physical glyphs fail 90% of the time when compared to magical glyphs. Magician Shanoa > all
    I don't know, Lapiste, Pneuma, Arcus types, Melio types and Ascia types seem to rock quite hard.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I agree, there are plenty of situations where melee Glyphs are awesome.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't know what the deal is with me and games these days but... after beating that crab boss I just got bored with this game.
    Please tell me that the beginning of the game is absolute shit compared to the rest so that I may actually feel compelled to play it again.

I usually enjoy metroidvania games but I just couldn't get into this one.
    And before anyone says anything stupid like that I probably didn't like it much because it was too hard (someone actually used that line on another forum) I got the medals for the few bosses that I fought up to that point so difficulty wasn't really the issue.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    Rubber band trick: There's a room with two White Formor enemies in Mystery Manor just to the left of the save point who cast a a glyph, equip a Tower Ring, Emperor Ring, and Refectio. Make sure each physical hit of the formor only does 1 damage, need like 93 defense to make this work. Rubber band a nickel on top of your Up button and just absorb glyphs for a couple days. Every glyph you absorb gives you +1 to each type of damage, they max at 65,535, and this gives you 300% damage I think.

Have fun with an unresponsive DS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5