Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Anyone else playing this? I'm not too far into it but it definately seems better than Portrait of Ruin or Aria of Sorrow so far. New Glyph system is awesome, though the small amount of specials you can do is kinda lame.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WTF nooooooooooo, I didn't even know a new DS Castlevania was coming out and sold my DS a few weeks ago ):

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Just got a Max Heart up item which raised it from 50 to 60, so I guess the amount of specials you can do will improve, hopefully a decent amount. Right now they use up 20-30 hearts, you can restock easily in town for free but it's still a pain to only be able to use specials a few times per stage without exiting to get more from town.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

WTF....this came out? Guess it slipped by me between Mother 3, FF4, and DQ4.

I'm a huge fan of Castletroids, so I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.

E. Body
    BG Level

Just found a copy a few hours ago, about to start it up. I hear it's fairly difficult, yeah?

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Can't wait to get home from work and play this, looks great.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I just died for the third time on the crab battle, so you could say it's a little difficult. It's definately a bit harder than PoR/AoS, but it's been forever since I played any of the older ones to compare it to them. Some skeleton boss kicked my ass a couple times but once I worked out how to avoid his attacks easily I didn't even get touched, so it's just a matter of finding the attack patterns and avoiding them much like the other games.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm torn; I've enjoyed all the recent Castlevanias but at the same time it's just been more and more of the same. I have never played another series that has been so damn similar from one iteration to the next (note that I've never played a Madden game). I might get it, I dunno.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ah crap, I almost forgot about this game. Definitely gonna pick it up this weekend. Hopefully I can get Mother 3 out of the way before that, although I've got plenty of exams next week... god dammit.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I'm torn; I've enjoyed all the recent Castlevanias but at the same time it's just been more and more of the same. I have never played another series that has been so damn similar from one iteration to the next (note that I've never played a Madden game). I might get it, I dunno.
    I'd probably agree with a lot of series, but Castlevania's good enough to not change and still be awesome.

In this one they've taken out weapons (sort of...) and instead you have 3 Glyph slots. The R trigger is at the moment limited to one that lets you magnet onto these things that float in the air that let you launch in any direction, but X and Y are your "arms" and you can set different attacks to each one. I'm only an hour in and I have a rapier, sword, axe, lance, bow, hammer, sickle, knife (throwing knife, that is) and 4 different magic attacks. You can set a sword to one arm and a rapier to another and combo with it (you can attack stupid fast with the fast weapons). You can combine two glyphs for a special, although most combos I've tried outside of 2 of the same glyph on each arm hasn't done anything. There's a couple of new ones I've got like a melee weapon + lightnight attacks with a lightning lance looking thing. Pretty awesome and makes a nice change from just upgrading your weapon throughout the game.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Hmm, it sounds promising. I think I'll wait until it gets a bit cheaper since I need to replace my lost DS Lite first and that ain't gonna be cheap. I still have plenty left to do in order to 100% Kirby Super Star anyway, and I'm still meaning to play through Contact. I don't need a new game right now unless it's gonna blow me away. Thanks for your opinion.

Did any of you preorder? Wondering what the "soundtrack" is? Is there a CD or is it just a code to download songs off the net?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How does the music compare to the two previous DS titles? I was quite a fan of the tunes in DoS, but not so much in PoR

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

great game so far, very hard which is nice. Once you start getting the spells you can combine them with weapons for different effects. Found that out now as Im sitting at 100 hearts and such. I recommend doing some grinding to get your levels up, it helps a whole ton.

there are lots of secrets, and not all of them are breaking ones either

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I've only just finished that Giant level, trying not to rush through it until I get my hands on Fable 2 and LBP. What kind of secrets have you found? I don't think I've really found anything so far. Probably gonna go through again on a second file once I'm done to try and 100% it, you have to beat all the bosses without taking any damage to get the medals though, gonna be hard as hell.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm getting my ass kicked plenty of times; I died a few times to the crab boss due to stupid mistakes. Game's been pretty fun so far though I can't get that glyph at the manor's block room, even with the scythe.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    I'm getting my ass kicked plenty of times; I died a few times to the crab boss due to stupid mistakes. Game's been pretty fun so far though I can't get that glyph at the manor's block room, even with the scythe.
    light and umbra together, clears the blocks then you can get it
    kuno told me

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I need to play this again lol... I got to the save point in the first 'real' area and then it just didn't occur to me to play it again until just now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

OK, what do you do with the Arthro medal item you get from the first boss? I can't figure out what I'm supposed to use it for.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

god damnit i hate this time of year. so many games coming out i can't even keep track of them, i didn't even know there was a new CV in the works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast