Sea Torques
    BG Level

Behemoth Rings - Bonecraft Tier 1 Wind Crystal

0/8 HQ Wind Crystal facing East

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

At most, I would agree that they programmed moon phase in and day of the week. But direction? Staves? HQ Staves? Weather? Location? Not to mention the staves weren't even a part of the original release.

A ps2 game would choke on that amount of looping.
    Why would anything be looping so much? IF there is any merit to factors boosting success (break rates / HQ / whatever) it seems like it would be a simple oh hey - good job facing the right direction guy - here's a .1% better chance to HQ - you enjoy that - go on, enjoy it.

staves? - hq staves? - weather?
    Magic damage would like to have a word with you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

See I agree. I'm not saying that it's the end all - be all secret to HQ, but I'm telling you, I've noticed my HQ rate change. Some days I just seem to have a terrible time and if I'm crafting as the day changes, I seem to get better.

Last night I was 2/18 with one break on staves. As soon as the day rolled over, I started a synth and HQ. I went like 4/7 on HQ's at that point. Now, was it just my rate balancing out? Who knows. Just seemed a little off. And it was like this last time I cafted on these days after I went back to my log. So, I'm going to try these days again next week and we'll see what happens.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Terrain View Post
    I'm not going to say that anyone's opinions or thoughts here are wrong, because there are obviously some variables that we don't yet know about.

But I will say that I think everyone is giving SE far more credit than they deserve, to think that they programmed the crafting system with this level of detail. Do you have any idea how complex the nesting would be in functions to account for all the variables you are giving them credit for having designed actually would be? The game would choke on looping through all the possibilities to find one that fit the scenario.

At most, I would agree that they programmed moon phase in and day of the week. But direction? Staves? HQ Staves? Weather? Location? Not to mention the staves weren't even a part of the original release.

Look-up tables.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

But I will say that I think everyone is giving SE far more credit than they deserve, to think that they programmed the crafting system with this level of detail. Do you have any idea how complex the nesting would be in functions to account for all the variables you are giving them credit for having designed actually would be? The game would choke on looping through all the possibilities to find one that fit the scenario.
    I don't think it's too much to think that SE created a complex crafting system. The gardening system is equally complex. However, what seems complex to us through observation would likely be quite simple. As Freysi said, lookup tables would be the easiest way to do this.

The other thing to remember is all of the calculations are taken care of server side not client side. It is only required to send the result back to the client so there wouldn't be any issue.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not going to say that anyone's opinions or thoughts here are wrong, because there are obviously some variables that we don't yet know about.

Actually, yes, I do, and you're taking the most naive approach EVER. It is incredibly easy, and fast to obtain this sort of information, and it being a "PS2" game has nothing to do with it -- the servers running FFXI are not PS2 boxes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sole Sushi T1, facing SE, wearing Terra's Staff and Fishing gear

Earthsday -7% 2/24 HQ1 1/24 break
    Watersday -5% 2/93 HQ1, 5/93 break