Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Data collection Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Data collection Thread

EDIT* Not enough people were interested and too many saw it as lol issue, sorry for wasting your time. PS Don't fuck with the spam forum

Spoiler: show
    *Ok, i've been kind of debating whether or not I should make this thread because there's bound to be some flaming and post like ur stupid, useless topic. But if that's the case then this thread will eventually die off anyways and everyone on the internet can think i'm a tard for a week.*

Anyways on to what the thread is about. Everyone used to say shit like, lightsday full moon is the best all the way to darksday new moon is the best for synthing HQs. Now the general consensus is that moon/day makes little to no difference. I personally just synth whenever I'm pissed off so that if i nq a whole shit load my mood doesn't get much worser anyways.

The thing is, I've never seen a group effort on a forum where people posted their hq rates. With all the people who craft on these boards, if we wrote down how many times we hqed on what day/moon phase, we could probably have enough data to at least find a general trend to if day/moon phase matter. So I guess whenever you craft a fairly significant amount (I guess 12+ish) post the level gap of the synth, the day, the moon phase, which moon it is, the synth/craft, how many times you synthed/HQed and what crystal.

I'll try to keep the statistics updated on the front page as often as possible. I'd like even little shit like bolts and shihei just say the level gap if you're not 103, the more data the better

Ok what you are probably going to say before you say it:
    -"why would we want to give up our crafting secrets to make them more public?"
    While I understand that you would want to keep your information a secret, it is likely you are not doing the optimal synth day/moon phase. Plus I for one would like to know how crafting works and am just curious. If you are in this mindset, thats fine I completely get it, but please don't post here, here's a thread in the spam forum that you can call me a retard at: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showt...05#post2301105
    -"People are just going to lie and fuck up your results"
    while I agree this is probably true, I am not going to add any results that are largely outside of the norm without a screen shot of said event (both of large hq and nq amounts) Hopefully no one will Luciola their SSes, but I have seen quite a few shoops in my time and you normally can tell by the pixels.
    -"It's going to take a large amount of data to unbalance out the freakish events"
    Yeah i know that, but if something like 60% watersday is really high for some reason, then in theory people will synth on that day and gradually it will go closer to what is expected. Shit will be all kinds of fucked up in the beginning, but oh well.

Again in the early stages this will look completely fucked up. and the red one is what is currently winning

Alchemy
    Dark Crystal
    Day
    Tier 1
    Day HQ/Synths
    -Darksday 5/31
    Moon
    Tier 1
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*
    -93% 4/19
    -98% 1/12
    Water Crystal
    Day
    Tier 1
    Day HQ/Synths
    -Lights 3/10
    Moon
    Tier 1
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    -5% 3/10
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*

Bonecraft
    Earth Crystal
    Day
    Tier 0
    Day HQ/Synths
    -Ice 1/3
    -Lights 0/10
    Moon
    Tier 0
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*
    -95% 1/3
    -100% 0/10
    Earth Crystal
    Day
    Tier 1
    Day HQ/Synths
    -Lights 3/9
    Moon
    Tier 1
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*
    -90% 3/6
    -100% 0/3

Smithing
    Earth Crystal
    Day
    Tier 0
    -Lights 0/6
    Tier 1
    Day HQ/Synths
    -Lights 2/23
    Tier 0
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*
    -90% 0/3
    -100% 0/3
    Tier 1
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*
    -90% 2/11
    -100% 0/12

Woodworking
    Wind Crystal
    Day
    Tier 2
    Day HQ/Synths
    -Fire 14/50
    -Earth 9/37
    -Water 11/45
    -Dark 13/73
    -Ice 4/10
    Moon
    Tier 2
    Moon HQ/Synths
    *NEW MOON*
    -7% 3/8
    -10% 5/35
    *WAXING*
    *WANING*
    *FULL MOON*
    -90% 2/10
    -93% 2/5
    -98% 3/10

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2543/hqstavesel8.png
    all hq staves so woodworking, 31 level gap, tier2, and i get to kick myself for not including if its waxing or waning I did this for awhile then got lazy

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

I dont have a spread sheet but my last few synth cycles for my crafts goes as....

Alchemy -T1
    Dark Crystal
    93% FM Darks (South)
    CFG - 2/3
    CC - 0/6

Alchemy - T1
    Dark Crystal
    98% FM Darks (South)
    CFG - 0/9
    CC - 1/3

Alchemy -T1
    Dark Crystal
    93% FM Darks (South)
    CFG - 1/7
    CC - 1/3

Alchemy - T1
    Water Crystal
    5% NM Lights (South)
    Mam +1(stun katana) - 3/10
    BC - T0
    Earth Crystal
    95% FM Ice (South)
    GW - 1/3
    *This was just a random 'oh shit' login synth*

BC - T1
    Wind Crystal
    90% FM Lights (South)
    BRing +1 - 3/6

BC - T0
    Earth Cryastal
    100% FM Lights (South)
    GW - 0/10

BC - T1
    Wind Crystal
    100% FM Lights (South)
    BRing +1 - 0/3
    SM - T1
    Earth Crystal
    90% FM Lights (South)
    Haub +1 - 1/6
    Hauberk +1 - 1/5
    -T0-
    ABerk -1 - 0/3

SM - T1
    Earth Crystal
    100% FM Lights (South)
    Haub +1 - 0/6
    Hauberk +1 - 0/6
    -T0-
    ABerk -1 - 0/3
    I can probably find SS's of 90% of my synth batches if your really up for this

I've just started keeping a synthing diary, so it's not too much more trouble to add an extra sheet to it, I'll log as much as I remember.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRed View Post
    I dont have a spread sheet but my last few synth cycles for my crafts goes as....

I can probably find SS's of 90% of my synth batches if your really up for this
    I say go for it!! I have wanted to create something like this for a long time, but i was afraid i wouldnt be able to edit my original post enough to make it worth while

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslitter View Post
    http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2543/hqstavesel8.png
    all hq staves so woodworking, 31 level gap, tier2, and i get to kick myself for not including if its waxing or waning I did this for awhile then got lazy
    You can tell if it is waxing or waning based on the moon% and the day. I have a spreadsheet on it at home, I'll post some info after work.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'll start keeping track too. I do have the data for my last two synthing sprees:

I'll add the HQ percentages later. Whether it was luck or not, I'm not sure. Definite difference..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unfortunately, no one takes data in a single standard method which can make it hard to analyze at the end of the day.

The inconsistency with data also put questions on how accurate the final results would be.
    Suppose if person X takes data with game date info and Y doesn't, how do we know if the date itself doesn't play a part?
    But if we standardize the factors believed to have an effect, then that would probably invalidate most if not all of the existing data.

So before people starting posting all their personal crafting histories, there should first be a discussion on potential factors that may (or may not) affect crafting. And to add...start watching the potential flame wars that are bound to start.

- Another point...no one is going to look at pages of posts on a thread to summarize the data.

@Achillas were those HQ staves?

@tymora I think we should just take note of tier, day, moon %, moonphase and which craft it is. I guess what does everyone else think? My opinion is direction doesn't really matter since SE once told us it didn't and the windower guy said no directional data was sent to the server when you craft. Plus if we split each category up into 8 more sub categories we'll never have enough data

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

­

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslitter
    the windower guy said no directional data was sent to the server when you craft
    Wouldn't the sever already know your direction anyways? Not defending the directional theory, just a general question. I'm under the impression that it has to store this in order to display your character to other people.

As a standard, I would propose:

Tier | Number of Subcrafts | Crystal | Moon% | Day | Time | Direction |

I pretty much expect to see Tier affect HQ rate, number of subcrafts affect fail rate, and maybe the other stuff affect skill ups, but you might as well write down everything, just in case.

I doubt it since position is client side which is why people are able to pos warp, I don't really know though

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You do have to inform the server at some point in time where on Vanadiel you are. The method to detect pos hacks is simple. If you move from point A to B at an impossible speed, you hack.

-> Which was probably why they had issues detecting pos hacks when there was a bug when running FFXI on OC-CPUs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslitter View Post
    @Achillas were those HQ staves?
    Yeah. Earth, Water, Dark and Lightning on the New Moon. The 1st time was a little of everything.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

BC - T1
    Earth Crystal
    93% FM Wind (South)
    LK+1 - 1/3

BC - T0
    Earth Crystal
    93% FM Wind (South)
    GW - 0/6
    Will try more Bonecrafting if more mats show up by lights day~
    Smithing is lights/fire day and Alchy is dark :3

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

i feel back in 2004, this crafting forum is slowly turning to shit lately ;(
    if you were smart enough you would test your stu***ity with arrows so you can get significant numbers and fast.

Terrain

I'm not going to say that anyone's opinions or thoughts here are wrong, because there are obviously some variables that we don't yet know about.

But I will say that I think everyone is giving SE far more credit than they deserve, to think that they programmed the crafting system with this level of detail. Do you have any idea how complex the nesting would be in functions to account for all the variables you are giving them credit for having designed actually would be? The game would choke on looping through all the possibilities to find one that fit the scenario.

At most, I would agree that they programmed moon phase in and day of the week. But direction? Staves? HQ Staves? Weather? Location? Not to mention the staves weren't even a part of the original release.

A ps2 game would choke on that amount of looping.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrain View Post
    I'm not going to say that anyone's opinions or thoughts here are wrong, because there are obviously some variables that we don't yet know about.

But I will say that I think everyone is giving SE far more credit than they deserve, to think that they programmed the crafting system with this level of detail. Do you have any idea how complex the nesting would be in functions to account for all the variables you are giving them credit for having designed actually would be? The game would choke on looping through all the possibilities to find one that fit the scenario.

At most, I would agree that they programmed moon phase in and day of the week. But direction? Staves? HQ Staves? Weather? Location? Not to mention the staves weren't even a part of the original release.

A ps2 game would choke on that amount of looping.
    we were synthing the staves not saying they were a varriable, and i haven't included direction in the list.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was synthing the staves because well, thats what I was synthing at the time. Thats not the only thing that I make, but thats the two latest things that I decided to do because the Ah has been low on them. I could actually remember my numbers. I could tell you how I went on arrows, but I don't remember the day or times.

I'll probably be crafting more on Saturday. I'm just looking for my own patterns now, but I figure why not post the information and see if someone can make some type of since out of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Alchemy - T1
    98% FM Darks (South)