Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Dynamis-Jeuno After-boss farming

So, my linkshell has a solid group of 16-19 people that show up for dynamis at the moment. We can easily clear jeuno with over an hour left after the mega boss, but I'm almost 100% sure there is no way to continue farming if we pull the mega boss to the Action house. last time we tried pulling it to the Mog house and got the random people in the alliance vanishing glitch. Is there ANY place that we can pull the mega boss to that would allow us farming time? Maybe back by Maat's room in the back of the palace ? Any help appreciated.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

When we've killed the mega boss inside the palace, we can pull the nearest repop statue (133) fine, but that's it. Any more and you get a huge link.

It may be possible to have everyone camp upstairs and pull mobs up to you while your THF kites the train around in a circle for a while and eventually dies, though that hasn't worked very well in my experience. I suppose it's a question of how much xp your puller is willing to sacrifice for the cause

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

we pull to AH and yeah it's generally a big mess unless you have a lot of people there, the jobs of the first few pulls don't help (NIN yuck).

The whole damned place is a trap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

2 methods:

- camp in the Manor near maat. Do sac pulls to grab backets of 4-5 mobs at a time from the cluster on mobs that comes: done that a few times when we were bored, but decided it wasnt worth the deaths... Have a sac puller bring mobs upstairs and die. When mobs are otw back, pull the 5-6 mobs that are last in the train.

-clear the mobs that pop with boss, before killing boss. Requires sac pulls or huge kiting as its a cluster of death. Once done you can kill boss in the area where it pops. There are only 3-4 stones that repop there after boss dies, with room to kite NP. Then proceed to clear counter clock wise.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We dropped glass and reentered last night.
    (After I tried to pull from the Palace front after MB and MPKed my entire LS)

We got the Jeuno glitch, which was a huge problem with healing and targeting, but were able to farm some stats on the stairs, up top, and a few down to the left side of the Mog House. (18 people)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well we tried last time with about 20 peeps left (4-5 left after boss) and did manage to take down the NIN NM and his buddies but he got a Goblin Dice Bene and MG off and so we ended up calling it not long after through choice rather than necessity. Jeuno is not that much fun after the boss really. I just kill as much as possible beforehand.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    -clear the mobs that pop with boss, before killing boss. Requires sac pulls or huge kiting as its a cluster of death. Once done you can kill boss in the area where it pops. There are only 3-4 stones that repop there after boss dies, with room to kite NP. Then proceed to clear counter clock wise.
    This.

Have someone with movement speed ready to kite extra gobs + MB, if you have cleared everything out ahead of time it is pretty easy to kite up/down fountain stairs, around the loop, etc. Typically have a number of people pull the statues off first, because of their slow movement speed the kiter will often run into them from behind while trying to kite the goblins. After you get the statues down just pull goblins off as you can. Kill the MB at Upper Jeuno afterwards.

Once its dead you can farm along the path up to the AH then turn around and farm along the opposite side back down to the MH and then through the fountain. The pull at the top of the stairs of the fountain tends to be a no no from what I recall. Gives you a lot of extra manageable pulls to do though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We've killed the boss in the palace, at the mog house, and at the auction house. The AH is by far the best place we've encountered. I've tried the 'pull the mobs near the boss before the boss' strategy, but ended up linking the boss so I'm going to need a little more practice with that one... it sounds like one of the best plans.

Anyway, since we kill at the AH all the time now we just have BLMs time nuke-aga most all of the post boss statue repops. Then all they have to do is worry about keeping stuff asleep. As long as stuff can be slept, you can work your way through any sized pull with time.

Also in Jeuno, we kill everything in the zone aside from the stats at the boss prior to doing the boss... that gives us more flexibility in what repops we want to kill after the boss dies.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    We've killed the boss in the palace, at the mog house, and at the auction house. The AH is by far the best place we've encountered. I've tried the 'pull the mobs near the boss before the boss' strategy, but ended up linking the boss so I'm going to need a little more practice with that one... it sounds like one of the best plans.
    You are going to link the Megaboss doing this, it's impossible to get them all without links. The idea is to kite the links and kill them piecemeal until just the MB is left (i.e. have alliance camped at AH killing the links). Once they are all dead other than the MB you move the alliance to Upper Jeuno zone and the kiter brings the MB back for killing.

You can manage to pull a few of the statues without links, but it really depends on what the popped mobs do as to whether you will get links or not. Easier to just assume it will link from the start and prepare for kiting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    You are going to link the Megaboss doing this, it's impossible to get them all without links. The idea is to kite the links and kill them piecemeal until just the MB is left (i.e. have alliance camped at AH killing the links). Once they are all dead other than the MB you move the alliance to Upper Jeuno zone and the kiter brings the MB back for killing.

You can manage to pull a few of the statues without links, but it really depends on what the popped mobs do as to whether you will get links or not. Easier to just assume it will link from the start and prepare for kiting.
    There's actually a foolproof way of getting the 4 statues that meet together and walk out (in plus sign fashion) without linking any of the other statues closer to the boss, or the boss itself.

There are a couple of BSTs on this pull, so what I tend to do is use flee just as the statue that walks to/from the boss direction is coming close to the middle (they'll all meet in the middle at the same time). I flee in so that said statue is closest to the middle as possible, and continue fleeing right past. I slow down a little to let the mobs catch up and then I kite around to the AH and start weaving in and out of the rest of jeuno to stay alive. The mobs all pass the group there and I give 10-12 people orders to provoke or cast stone on a mob as they pass, preferably getting the Pathfinders if they can. They bring their mobs back more, closer to the AH (so as to prevent links when I do die) where they are slept. Kill BSTs first so the pets depop, and continue on as normal.

This tends to get about half of those mobs, and then I simply pull the rest with a ranged attack on the aforementioned statue (so it lands as it's in the middle again), and kite back to/past the group. Then all we have to deal with is 3 statues, the boss, and the mobs that pop from the statues. Easily kitable since the mobs will be ahead, and get slept/pulled, the statues will be behind, for BLMs to easily get, and the boss in the middle, which people ignore and let me kite indefinitely until they're ready.

As for post-boss, assuming you've cleared the above monsters, a simple counter-clockwise kite makes it easy for the first bit.

Directly after the boss, however, there are 4 statues that pop 2 mobs each and they can be a hassle. We have 3-4 BLMs -aga III them to death while one sleeps the pops (and goes downstairs so they don't die when the mobs wake up).

The next pull is 4 NINs and 2 RNGs, one of the NINs being an NM, so keep it stunned sufficiently near the end and unload. Goblin Dice > Mijin will fuck any group, just bad luck.

The next pulls have a BST each. After that is pretty simple, but beware of timing on the statue pulls because if not timed perfectly the links on the other side can be pretty massive. After pulling towards the stairs on the other side, go down them and to the lower area first, leaving 4 statues (1 at the top of the stairs going down to the consulate area, and 3 walking back and forth from wall to wall between the front of the palace and the Auction house. Pull the one at the top of the stairs FROM the bottom of the stairs to prevent links, and then the last 3 I think have to be pulled all at the same time.

Post-boss Jeuno is fun.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

For a smaller group like the OP's(we usually field around the same) it depends on the # of BLMs I guess. We've gotten fairly good at the first pulls of repops from AH, typically we timed -aga nuke the statues(3 BLMs usually, 4 tops), and I sleepga as the mobs pop. BLMs pick off the remaining health on the statues, then focus on helping me with crowd control, and we just take one mob at a time from there. There's still times where something goes messy and we wipe, but typically we can handle the first few pulls back towards the Palace like this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    For a smaller group like the OP's(we usually field around the same) it depends on the # of BLMs I guess. We've gotten fairly good at the first pulls of repops from AH, typically we timed -aga nuke the statues(3 BLMs usually, 4 tops), and I sleepga as the mobs pop. BLMs pick off the remaining health on the statues, then focus on helping me with crowd control, and we just take one mob at a time from there. There's still times where something goes messy and we wipe, but typically we can handle the first few pulls back towards the Palace like this.
    Right. And I find the first and second pulls to be the harder ones post-boss, provided you can manage to not link.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Have someone sac and have 5-10 people pull random mobs off of the train. Repeat until you stop getting links. Will probably backfire, but that's Jeuno.