BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Garden of Ru'Hmet and Connection Problems

Does anyone else experience connection problems when in this zone? Tonight over ten people in my linkshell were getting constant r0's and disconnects and none live together; I myself r0'd (and as such, died to a Quake II), and I never disconnect.

Is this a known problem for other people? As soon as we change zones, the problem goes away; afterwards we went to Justice and no one d/c'd anymore for the rest of the night.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

were they all on ps2 or xbox 360? There are some glitches that cause people to DC in SEa on those systems and SE has been to lazy to fix that for years.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I remember a thread a while ago saying something about all PS2 users d/c there

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was in Sea with Avarice, and I know that at least 2 of them were on PS2 and 2 on Xbox, but I can't speak for the rest.

It happened last time we did Sea also, we were all spread out farming Ix'Aerns and people were DC'ing left and right.

He said he died to a quake 2, which would imply he was at Jailer of Faith. The ps2 glitch is caused by something related to aerns and none near faith so I think this is something different >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    He said he died to a quake 2, which would imply he was at Jailer of Faith. The ps2 glitch is caused by something related to aerns and none near faith so I think this is something different >_>
    It happened while heading to Fortitude, while heading to Faith, and during Faith.

The travel time, they might have dc'ed at Aerns, I'm not sure, but during Faith we weren't anywhere near any Aerns, and we didn't touch a single Aern the entire night.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

When I played on PS2, anything involving more than 3-4 other people in any indoor Lumoria zone made me want to swim to Japan just to murder the entire SE development staff. They claim to have fixed it, but they lie. Extreme slowdown (like, 0.3 frames per second) with every single effect turned off, black-screen game crashes every 5-20 minutes...oh, good times. Having POL bitch at me for not shutting down FFXI properly was the delicious icing.

I never had a problem outdoors, though. And now that my PS2 is used solely for Lego Batman, I don't have problems at all!

Edit: and yes, Aern-related things were always the worst, but it has happened at every single inside jailer. BRD songs also severely aggravated the problem.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I myself, play on PC and I said I said before, I never, ever, disconnect.

At the times of my r0's, I was still able to browse Firefox and chat on my IMs, so it was POL-related.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes. PS2 users experience HUGE fucking problems in there. Also at Ix'DRG.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Maybe it was something else but last night I was doing 8-2 and 8-3 and I kept getting R0'd, which is always fantastic when you're trying to sleep a mob. >_> Didn't happen to me outside of the zone, though.

PC player by the way.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I'm on PC and it doesn't happen in any other area, but I have extreme FPS slow down in the Jailer-Kiting ares. I don't even lag.. it's just my FPS drops to under 5. Everywhere else in the game it works fine..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What video card are you using? I'm using a 1gb ATI and don't get video lag anywhere. I remember SE saying that something about the rendering of the zone or the mobs in the zone (or both) causes problems for shitty video cards.