Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

[Bismarck] NineInchNinjas (endgame/HNM)

http://nineinchninjas.com/images/Banner.jpg

It's that time again. It's rare when we open our doors to new members, but when we lose enough people to real life, we have to recruit some newer members.

Our site is:
    http://nineinchninjas.com

Our Forums are:
    http://nineinchninjas.com/forums/index.php

What is the shell about?

Nine Inch Ninjas was formed after Iron LS broke. A group of Iron members got together and decided to make a low man shell. Looking back, it's hard to even conceive that we are the same shell anymore. How far we've come and how much we've managed to do with as few as we have. Even now, there are only a few members that still play from when we made the shell. We are always focused on now. Our loot system is designed to benefit the most active players, not the oldest. When we get everything we need from an event, we try and keep expanding the content in the shell to keep up with the player base. While keeping older events for newer members to continue with, or selling anything not needed.

We have 3 main principles at the core of the shell. First off, we always try and limit the number of people in the shell. If you can do the same events as the LS's that have 40 members, with 20, and do them just as fast, and kill just as much, you are doubling your drop rates. Because you half the number of people who require the item in the shell. As long as you focus on strategy, efficiency, and reduce the chances of making mistake, you can do the same as much larger groups. I'm rarely let down by the shell.

Secondly, we focus on attendance. I'm proud to say, that we currently maintain almost 100% roster attendance for main events. On average, we are missing 1.6 people per event. I've seen, and been in too many LS's in which only a handful of players show up to events on a regular basis. The majority of the members come once or twice a week. Or even worse, only show up to events when they can benefit from the drops. Our LS and attendance system tries to promote constant activity. With low numbers, you have to make sure that everyone in the shell shows up, or things like Jailer of Love, Einherjar, Dynamis, and HNMs would be much harder.

Last but not least, job diversity. I try to always keep set jobs for players when possible. This allows them to specialize, and focus on getting gear for the jobs that are most needed by the shell. However, job flexibility is very important to a low man shell. It provides older members with new avenues, allowing them to continue developing their characters, while benefiting the shell at the same time. Most importantly, it gives us the flexibility to go from larger events where you only need 1 or 2 specific jobs, to smaller events where you might need many more. We always try and use our numbers wisely, and at events where we don't need the entire LS, we break down into smaller groups. Allowing an LS of 18-20 members to run 3 salvage or Nyzul sets per day, to farm up 6 chips for limbus this week on top of a boss run, farm up more JoL sets and Kirin sets then we have time to use, and do several Bv2's every week.

We try and use our attendance, job diversity, and low numbers to focus on getting our players everything we can for them.

What have we accomplished?

We've managed things that even I was surprised about. Here's just a short list. Most of our salvage runs we go with 6-7 members depending on the run. On our server we've done better then groups that go in with 10+. Things like SSR: Clearing Hammerblow, Powderkeg, Tripple, Turtle, boss, and plenty of time left over with 6-7 ppl. Clearing all the possible NMs, and boss, in Arrapago with 6. We have unlocked over 200 salvage pieces in shell, and over 30 body pieces. We even help fund bodies for LS members. We've made several Nyzul groups for the members that don't need anything from salvage anymore. So people can chose between the areas they still need items from.

Our Dynamis accomplishments always surprise me. Clearing most of the starting cities with 18 or less. Killing DL with 16, fragment NMs with 11. Killing all the CoP bosses with 10-14. I think we are up to 13 relic in the shell with more stage 4's waiting on currency. Our focus is mostly getting the drops we need from xarc and CoP areas. Pooling the currency to help LS members who are unlocking relics speed up the process. Unlocking 4 in just the last couple months.

Setting solid records on Ouryu, 13-20min, most of the time entering with 12. Killing Vrtra with 20 members in 3 minutes. Clearing the hardest areas of Einherjar, entering with less then 20 some days. 17 man Odins. Low man JoLs in 40min. Doing so many Bv2's, that even our level 18 jobs are getting B-masks and B-staves. We were the first group on Bismarck to finish a Pandy set. We've almost got all the gear we can from omega and ultima. Capped on gear from Ixion as well, working on SW. Most importantly, we've manged to make Guni cry like a little girl. Not in a happy way, more of a pathetic and sad way.

We do just about everything. You can view more of what we've done on our site, @ http://NineInchNinjas.com An update will posted to the front page soon, so check back to see our more recent affairs.

Who are we?

Mostly huge assholes, from all over world. Primarily from the US, but we have the occasional EU or JP player. We are a fun bunch, we usually try and help each other when needed. We are very active, and have fun with this game. Ventrilo is a big part of the shell, it's the main medium of the shells communication. Most of the members are mid-twenties, with a few exceptions.

What are we looking for?

Activity, jobs and experience. Sat-Thurs, 4pm-11pm PST is the bulk of the events. If you can be on before or after, there is usually some events going on. Right now we want people who have several jobs + BB mnk or th4 thf if possible. I'll never turn down am active Gjallahorn BRD as long as he has a good background check. Also, having a bunch a jobs doesn't mean anything if you don't have the gear and knowledge to play them in an end-game environment. We are very critical of trail members, expect to be scrutinized for gear selections and play styles. We aren't limited to only what is suggested above, but it's much more likely that you'll make trial if you meet the requirements. Cross server applications are welcomed.

Other then that, make sure you have:

Lots of Assault points.
    Lots of Zeni.
    First lieutenant if possible.
    Ventrilo with a working microphone.
    All the outposts in the past.
    /rng and throwing properly leveled.
    All the clears you need to make events.

If you are thinking about applying for a trial, please read this thread:
    http://nineinchninjas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8307

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Front page has been updated. If you want to know what we do and what we've accomplished, that is a good place to check. The older news posts will be down till I can get a little sleep and finish the changes I need to get them back up and going. Check out our site at (not 56k friendly):

http://www.nineinchninjas.com/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Your sig is missing the Hydra Cap.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't forget the Flame Ring that's in his bazaar for max gil.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

and the screenshot of Rev in my signature.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Looking to get maybe 4 or 5 more solid trial members. WHM is one of the big jobs, someone who really knows what's up. Also has to have at least a couple other really useful jobs.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

*Sighs* Man, I would love to apply, but seeing what all you guys have and have accomplished, I'd feel so...well, insignificant. =/

Bluefire

Nine inch stands for what? Penis size or body size?

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Nine inch stands for what? Penis size or body size?
    Yes

Bluefire

It would have been better if it was TwelveInchNinjaz

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    It would have been better if it was TwelveInchNinjaz
    More of a play on words for Nine Inch Nails, me thinks.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    More of a play on words for Nine Inch Nails, me thinks.
    No, Actually it's not. I don't like the band. It's just a reference to having a ton of taru ninjas in the shell.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kareface View Post
    No, Actually it's not. I don't like the band. It's just a reference to having a ton of taru ninjas in the shell.
    Ohhhh <_< I always thought it was a play on NineInchNails too lol
    Interesting.

Well for anyone who reads this, from what I've seen among different servers, it seems like NineInchNinjas gets more stuff done endgame per capita than probably any other shell out there, definately a good choice if you have the time for it.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Man I so would have joined if it was for in reference to the band, huge fan.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, given that I was stationed in Japan for two years, I'm probably behind on some things I normally wouldn't be.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Update: Looking for some people who are able to camp at all times of the day and night.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Going to be starting another set of trial members in the near future. Right now we are focused on getting more 24hour players, as we are doing more timmys, khims, kings and other 24hr nms. We are a low man shell, so we need to make sure as many of our members are available whenever the windows are.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kareface View Post
    how can it not be a play on the name of the band? unless you had exactly 9 taru full-time ninja's in the ls and you came up with it all by yourself, your a fking genius man. Or you magically think that tarus are nine inches tall in final fantasy land, the truth will set you free bro.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    how can it not be a play on the name of the band? unless you had exactly 9 taru full-time ninja's in the ls and you came up with it all by yourself, your a fking genius man. Or you magically think that tarus are nine inches tall in final fantasy land, the truth will set you free bro.
    I don't have a raido or a TV, I'd never heard of the band before making this shell. All the music I listen to is classical, jazz, bluegrass, and some older rock. I never know the name of bands, people always talk about commercials and huge movies that are coming out that I've never heard of. I didn't learn about Heros untill just a few months ago. It really isn't a play on their name, I really had no idea who the band was. Ask the people who were in the shell when it first started.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Necro bump to my NiN peeps. Started reading the TR / Lacy threads and can't help but get all nostalgic. No one did tav like we do!

(2AM in the morning...work the next day....)
    <me>Dude I need 2 bards for double minuet/ STR/prelude
    <raid>dude, shut up. Khim's at 35% stop giving it TP!

Megido readies Sharp shot.
    Megido readies Coronach.
    Megido readies Barrage.
    Megido readies Coronach.
    (skillchain light)
    Megido uses an Icarus Wing.
    Megido readies Flashy Shot.
    Megido readies Stealth Shot.
    Megido readies Slug Shot.
    Megido readies Eagle Eye Shot.

Megi - worst whm ever

User was infracted for this post.