Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Tier is Corsair Gun?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What Tier is Corsair Gun?

I used the search function, but couldn't find anything about this.

I was wondering if anyone has done conclusive testing about the tier of corsair's gun; if I remember once someone in COR forum on KI had it synth'd and it HQd after 2 tries, doesnt help much.

It 'appears' to be Tier1 if the bonecraft is lv75 and smithing below 50~ Right now, it is the best Gun for Quick Draw damage, and I was hoping to craft a signed one for my friend for Christmas.

I've gotten a bit discouraged though after being 0/40; which I guess is normal, but if any one else has any information on this synth I would really appreciate it.

Like, would it be Tier1 possible with smithing gloves as well?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

hm im note sure. but most other synths with darksteel ingots and smith subjob are smithing 40~50. but i think if youre bone is high enought you should get smithing adv support.

0/40 doenst mean anything, i was 0/62 on haubergeon+1

take care

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm sitting around 0/80 now with repeats from breaks and such.

I got someone who told me in PM they HQ'd their 3rd and 5th try, I know it's just one account the only difference though they had for me is the smithing gloves.

So I've started saving up GP in SMithing, should have enough for the gloves before christmas and can try out then. It's worth a shot and that would make the Smithing cap on it lv53

Magitek

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...tek/newpic.png

if you're 100 in bone, you won't be able to tier 1 them regardless if you get the smithing gloves or not, which I have. I went 1/50 or 60 for a friend. if the smithing sub is low enough, and you can manage to get 86 bonecrafting, then you might be able to break tier 1. no ones sure what level the smithing sub is but you can make an estimate since the synth uses darksteel ingots.

yeah yeah small pic is small

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

gah, that sucks to hear guess I better keep crammin' em out ; ;

Also, 'lol'

Lost 167,XXX GP switching from Bone to Smithing. At a whoppin 5889 now(in smithing)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just binged it awhile, I guess grabbing multiple stacks helps (well obviously, more attempts is a better chance)

Made my HQ between #100 and #108, I dunno when exactly. So, that's at least 'normal' and not 'unlucky' ^^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I made about 30 guns while i was working on Smithing, just out of curiosity of the sub. I wasn't able to actually craft one until 46 smithing, and still got a skillup around level 51. I gave up shortly after that. That should give you an idea about the sub. Grats on the HQ.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Finwich View Post
    I wasn't able to actually craft one until 46 smithing, and still got a skillup around level 51.
    This would put the smithing sub at level 61 then, right?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    This would put the smithing sub at level 61 then, right?
    Well, I was able to attempt the synth lower than 46, but broke each time. 46 was the first level where I was successful in making one and getting a skillup from an attempt. Sorry I don't have better information, but I was just messing around with the synth since I was doing smithing and levelling COR at the same time.