+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 418 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

I guess if you were really wanting Immortal you could bring 4 tanks for KT and have the 3rd OT build threat on all 4 guardians.

Immortal/Undying is based on killing KT with a Raid ID where 0 deaths are recorded. So, once your guild has Immortal/Undying, you could theoretically sell spots for the KT kill--probably for a really solid chunk of money.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I guess if you were really wanting Immortal you could bring 4 tanks for KT and have the 3rd OT build threat on all 4 guardians.

Immortal/Undying is based on killing KT with a Raid ID where 0 deaths are recorded. So, once your guild has Immortal/Undying, you could theoretically sell spots for the KT kill--probably for a really solid chunk of money.
    Well, if you're in a well geared/etc good raid, not a pug, you can do that with 2 tanks...1 tank can actually tank all 4 (we've done it several times), so you could just put the 2 tanks near each other, and once they have ample threat on their 2, they could switch off and get enough threat on the other 2...if 1 tank gets MCed, all 4 will be on 1 tank. Worst case he blows cooldowns at that point.

I mean, I guess, we coulda taken preventative measures for that, oh well, always next week.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Got a 2nd Webbed Death and T7.5 gloves so far this week. Here's hoping for some leather DPS loot from Malygos tonight..

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    You can actually take pre-emptive measures to play it safe on Sapph though, (Bringing extra health/frost resist pots and using capped FrR)

If we're talking about a serious guild that is skilled they won't have any issues until KT provided it was a death not related to lag/disconnects.

KT starts bringing in the shit that gets you killed.

1) Standing in a void zone

2) Frost Tomb - You'd think this is fine with but sometimes fucked up events happen like people getting to close while running away from a void zone/mana burn and not realizing they just got a lot closer to someone. Also having a ton of melee just totally fucks you as stated above.

3) MC - I've actually seen people get killed because they were too slow to CC

4) Not grabbing all the Crypt Lords fast enough when they spawn causing a healer to pull hate and die.

I've never tried the Immortal but I've seen not had a KT 25 man where someone did not die from one of those four deciding factors. : p
    hmmm never really had those problems.

Voids... no one really dies to those (but somehow fail on sarth voids)

Frost tomb... usually no problems on that since we sign locations for healers, tanks and such so there is no running around.

MC haven't seen a problem with this, also the add tank tanks his adds near the MT, incase add tank gets MC they go to the MT. Only problem I've seen is people trying to kill the mc'ed people

but yeah dunno... I think people take effort to die to saph, like... stand in melee range while he flies up and gets a tomb in melee rang.. and people that run behind that tend to have a 50% chance of death, or people just erratically run everywhere, hit each other with the frost bolt/tomb aoe, or melee standing in blizzard... or someone being chain cleaved. or spike flailed out of healer range

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hinatasama of the Nightfall

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

300g Down just finished my Twink Rogue so excited to do some bgs and be one of those fags everyone hates b/c they are twinked

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

2nd Disgusting Oozeling. Go go money.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Aeo View Post
    300g Down just finished my Twink Rogue so excited to do some bgs and be one of those fags everyone hates b/c they are twinked
    Who doesn't hate a 6-8K? hp rogue thats lv39 and insta-gibs everything with ambush...? O_o

Wonder who would be crazy enough to sunwell epics gear out and enchant with wotlk stuff a DK.. and have it run around lv70 AV.... (or can you enter sunwell at 69...?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

20 minutes after getting my 2nd disgusting oozeling, got a dark whelpling lol. So much money if i ever get these to sell.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    20 minutes after getting my 2nd disgusting oozeling, got a dark whelpling lol. So much money if i ever get these to sell.
    You jammy jammy bastard.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Who doesn't hate a 6-8K? hp rogue thats lv39 and insta-gibs everything with ambush...? O_o
    lvl 19 with 1.3k HP with dual Assassin's Blade with 15 agi chant on it =) i beast it up in BG

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Ran 10 man sarth with a bad comp last night, didn't do so well on 3D but 2D was cake.

Also
    Achievement Changes
    Brew of the Year is no longer required for the Brewmaster meta-achievement.
    Proving that whining enough CAN change anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

You jammy jammy bastard.
    Will allow me to buy my nobles deck. That's a big IF they sell though. Shit doesn't move on auction i found out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Ran 10 man sarth with a bad comp last night, didn't do so well on 3D but 2D was cake.

Also

Proving that whining enough CAN change anything.
    God damnit.
    They better change STV tournament then.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    God damnit.
    They better change STV tournament then.
    STV tourny doesn't give a 310 speed mount, so there isn't nearly as much QQ about it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

hey man, fishing lures are expensive yo, nerf the STV contest already

Ridill
    BG Level

10 man poke in the eye, wewt

that was pretty intense, a little rngy but definitely fun

blax n gunz
    BG Level

do you have a WWS of that fight? I'm trying to convince my PUG to try it but they're not sure they can bring the DPS to the required levels.

Ridill
    BG Level

No WWS sorry, it was a semi-pug. Here's the useful information tho, you can figure out the math from it I'm sure.

We started out with me (pally) + priest healing. We did... i dunno 5 or 6 tries like that, and then the priest had to go. With the priest we were getting to phase 3 with about 3 minutes left, and enraging every fight, usually having a few dead before the enrage hit.

I just realized that's not that useful, because the phase 2 was definitely our weakest link on the successful kill.

Anyway, on the successful try we made it to phase 3 with 4 minutes left, and had no enrage.

Anyway, here's how it worked out: when the priest left, we brought in resto shaman. We heroed when the first spark was down, and death gripped the 2nd in to that when it got in range. We ended up having him at 40% when he went untargetable, so, the time between 50% and 40% should give you a good idea what the dps was like, if you can figure that out. We had 2 sparks for probably... the first 5-6% after he took off, then 1.

The interesting tactic was this: we used 2 healers on the drakes still with the 8 of us, but we didn't have dps use shields at all. With 2 healers it was really quite easy to keep them all up through that, and it obviously makes it extremely easy to build a stack, you can do 1 pointers to get it to 10+ real fast and then switch to 2-3 to make sure you don't fuck up there.

It wasn't too bad, really, they weren't exceptionally geared, but very good. The guild it was run by has 10 man os+3d done. The real trick was basically just being able to 2 heal it, dealing with the rng deaths (we had 2 druids and 2 locks, but we had 0 deaths on the successful kill), and then the super fast method for phase 3.

Good luck!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    hey man, fishing lures are expensive yo, nerf the STV contest already
    More like I want Salty, and there's only 52 winners a year. And it's also a bitch to do on a populated server where there's 30-40 people there ganking/griefing. Someone can also win more than once, screwing someone who needs it.