+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 418 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I think it's good, people that want it will still very likely spend a lot of time to get it, but now it's not just a complete fluke when you get it. With strat being "old content" it doesn't get run nearly as much, and the mount will still be rare.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt View Post
    That's pretty lame.
    1 in 5000 chance of dropping was much, much lamer.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

But getting a drop that's 1/5000 is so much more worthy of a feat of strength. It's got an even intenser feeling to it!

KJ cloak get.
    WSG achievements (minus 100 wins) get.

and:
    http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8207/fishingsj4.jpg

Oh and some tips for those doing achievements: If you are one short of getting the tabard achievement (pretty common), drop your Illidari tabard and you can pick the other color up from tabard NPCs. Also, if you're struggling with Old Crafty, wait until the croc fishing daily comes around. It is bugged to an abnormally high drop rate w/ the quest active. If you don't get it within the first 5 or so casts (toss the croc or join a raid), relog and try again. I have seen people get Old Crafty 10+ times in a row. (does not work for Old Ironjaw).

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foof View Post
    Oh and some tips for those doing achievements: If you are one short of getting the tabard achievement (pretty common), drop your Illidari tabard and you can pick the other color up from tabard NPCs. Also, if you're struggling with Old Crafty, wait until the croc fishing daily comes around. It is bugged to an abnormally high drop rate w/ the quest active. If you don't get it within the first 5 or so casts (toss the croc or join a raid), relog and try again. I have seen people get Old Crafty 10+ times in a row. (does not work for Old Ironjaw).
    I don't get it. I got Old Ironjaw in like 20 catches.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    I don't get it. I got Old Ironjaw in like 20 catches.
    I spent 2000 casts in Ironforge the other day, nothing to show for it.

Well I'm sure you can still get lucky with Old Ironjaw, Quicklet. Old Ironjaw took me about 5 hours personally The Old Crafty one is just bugged with the croc fishing daily, is what I mean. A lot of times when it gets fished up you won't be able to loot it (something to do with the bug) but it'll still give you achievement credit. It was pretty funny seeing 5-6 guildies getting the achievement done within a 10 minute time period.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

I spent like 500 for Crafty -- Going to try Foof's tip... hopefully it really works.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But getting a drop that's 1/5000 is so much more worthy of a feat of strength. It's got an even intenser feeling to it!
    There's a feat of strength for getting a Red Qiraji Battle tank which is.... really easy. It took only 4 of us about an hour to farm maybe 8-9 various battle tanks, just doing the trash up to Skeram and giving it a bit to reset.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    There's a feat of strength for getting a Red Qiraji Battle tank which is.... really easy. It took only 4 of us about an hour to farm maybe 8-9 various battle tanks, just doing the trash up to Skeram and giving it a bit to reset.
    Reds are rare as fuck, I've done 3 full clears of AQ40 since 3.0 and haven't seen a single one. Then again with 2000 casts and no ironjaw, my luck is somewhat suspect.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I'm not looking forward to fishing in IF, maybe I can invisi pot->feign->repeat with beast on and log there.
    Also tried going to SW...got dazed at front gate and owned by guards in 10 seconds. I gave up after 2 deaths since the GY run sucks

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

It should be a lot easier once people hit 80 and the guard aggro radius isn't so large.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Yeah, I do AQ40 every sunday with a group of friends and have been doing it for 4-5 months, lately we've been bringing 40 people instead of the normal 15 though to help people out with achievements, and since we started bringing 40, at least one red per raid has dropped. Of course out of 40 people, I haven't won one.
    And I solo the AQ40 trash up to Skeram (the obsidian guys at least) and haven't seen a red one =( I have all but red, haha.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.
    Damn I'm really jealous. I have done like over 250 something Strats and never seen it drop. : (

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Doing a few quests in dustwallow, got a dark whelpling drop o.O I hear it goes for crazy amounts of gold. That true?

Don't know if i want to sell to fund my characters or save it for my soon to be death knight.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

If by crazy, you mean 200-300g.

So this being my first 70 I'm not sure what to do now. Do I grind rep so I can get into Heroics? Do I do the higher level non heroics to get some gear for kara? Or go right into kara?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

With wotlk a week away, I would say just get geared up in dungeon blues or farm for epic flying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 418 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast