Thread: Addons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noobta http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/image...s/viewpost.gif
    I'm looking for a quest tracker addon like QuestFu. All the ones I find are together with stuff I don't need.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ite-quest.aspx
    Waaay late on this, but wanted to say thank you for pointing this out. I came back to the game, and my first 80 i alt/tabbed out to thottbot the whole way which...sucked. Questhelper was too clunky but this is sexy.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I need something better than Baggins for inventory management. I like that Baggins can sort based on categories but I seem to have to know some obscure magic to actually add custom categories and to have Baggins obey me when I tell it to move Runic Mana Potions from 'other' to 'potions.'

In other words, I like the Baggins concept but I fucking hate Baggins because it's a buggy semifunctional piece of shit.

Any recommendations?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

TBag-Shefki - Addons - Curse

It comes preloaded with most items already categorized, but in the event something isn't categorized correctly all you have to do is open edit mode and click the item to change its assignment. Can also change the category groupings to suit your liking.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Anyone know a good addon for automatically dropping Soul Shards after a certain amount? I hate having to manually drop the soul shards every 10 minutes while grinding. I currently use Bagnon to get one bag but I'm open to switching to another inventory mod if it requires that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Necrosis had a whole bunch of warlock related features; CD's, shard management, alerts for talent procs., and some other interface related stuff. However last I checked, a lot of people were getting errors with it.

I'm not a huge fan of it tbh, I didn't really like the ability interface it gave you and felt it was unneeded. It leaves you your hotkeys but gives you an options button system, that you weren't able to hide.

But I liked it's shard management, its Cooldown's displays, and alerts.

I'm looking for an add on. I do not remember it's name but what it did was make a movable field where you had your hp/mp(rp, rage etc) and below that it would have either runes for a dk or 5 boxes for things like sunder armor or maelstrom weapon. And below that it would have the targets HP. I cannot for the life of me even remember where i got it from

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Any bar addon can do what you're describing with a little tweaking, but I suspect you're thinking of a hud of some kind. I don't know that I've ever seen one that accurately tracked maelstrom or sunders as a sort of 'combo points' generator though.

this was was extremely accurate. it was rather useful but like i said i can't find it anymore lol

blax n gunz
    BG Level

unit frame addons will accurately track rage/mp/etc

elkano's buff bars can be used to track malestrom weapon. create a new buff group and have it filter/whitelist only those self buffs you want (HfB, Maelstrom, Trinket Procs, Berserking Procs, etc.). Move the buff group close to where your character is in frame and make the icons the width/height you desire.

I think (although I've yet to level my warrior with it), DoTimer will track Sunders.

I don't know of an all-in-one package for all three functions. Such a thing would have to be everything to everyone.

yay found it: statusbar2

(not my pic)

http://mediabeta.curse.com/Curse.Pro...ars2_Rogue.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Question for aguf users:

I downloaded a UI that includes aguf and I'm trying to configure better to my liking. Is it possible to change the bar color of specific classes and also change the mana bar for only the player? Unless I'm missing something, I can't see a way how. The bar color options seem lacking.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd View Post
    None of the UI addons I've come across have been very attractive to me. :/ I find myself using the default one, with just Omen running during dungeons, but after the run I have a bit of a headache because my eyes are darting around the screen.

I want something that keeps the feel of WoW's UI (I like the graphics and such) but gives me the same general "where to look" as FFXI did.

For example, all the party members' pertinent information (that was available for us on FFXI) was down by their name: HP(and bar), MP(and bar), and TP(lol TParty). It would be nice to see the same in WoW, adding buffs and debuffs both without having to mouseover and not so small, but without some *massive* UI change.

I think the thing I miss the most, though, is a useful combat log. I can't figure out how to configure it to see what I want to see, without seeing a shitload of extraneous crap (I don't fucking wanna know every time someone moves in and out of my Ret Aura...).

I really should just spend the time to code my own...

Edit: And the Tank's name should be in red (assigned by the user of course). And the healer's in green. I hate trying to remember who our tank and healer is at the start of a run. <_<
    Going to answer this here. I recommend using Xperl. You can go into the options and add the mana bars (and choose it shown as a percent or actual numbers) and debuffs pop up right next to each name. In a group it has the same setup as the default UI and in a raid it looks I guess a bit more like FFXI's, 5 names stacked on top, hp/mp bars of each.

Spoiler: show
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/SirEaglestrike/WoW/WoWScrnShot_102908_051233.jpg

That's an olde SS but it shows both the party view and raid view for Xperl.

Also to note:
    Anyone being attacked has a red border around their name.
    You can make it so your incoming heals make a green border around the name.
    You can make it so HoT's give a blue border around a name.
    It lets you know when something is attacking you, for busy PvPfests and big pulls.

For Wafik:
    Get Clique, it gives you an easy way to assign heals and spells to your mouse, allowing you to cast spells by clicking on someones party/raid bar.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just need an ui thats "clean" so to speak. I use x-perl but without the portraits because using them is just retarded.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/151...9121007bh7.jpg

I play 1152x864 windowed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Wow, ok so I downloaded xperl and tried it out and it looks amazing. I won't be able to try it in action until tonight when I get to work but it looks very clean and, although a little different, doesn't detract from the original WoW graphics.

One thing though; how do you move the frames around? I can't find any type of drag options and the number input options aren't actually working for the offsets (neither are the anchors).

I'm not sure I need to move things, with the buffs transferred to the characters and pictures removed, but we'll see.

The longer I play, the more I find I'm not even using the party frames. Pretty soon I'm going to use grid only. Just need to figure out pets / vehicles really.

Surprised nobody's mentioned MSBT yet. Pretty nifty replacement for the default floating battle text, very configurable out of the box as well.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    The longer I play, the more I find I'm not even using the party frames. Pretty soon I'm going to use grid only. Just need to figure out pets / vehicles really.

Surprised nobody's mentioned MSBT yet. Pretty nifty replacement for the default floating battle text, very configurable out of the box as well.
    I like MSBT, but what I really miss is Magic Track and Simple Combat Log. Magic Track was sexy. I still need to reconfigure all my fades and gains in MSBT for bubbles/IB/HoF etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    I like MSBT, but what I really miss is Magic Track and Simple Combat Log. Magic Track was sexy. I still need to reconfigure all my fades and gains in MSBT for bubbles/IB/HoF etc.
    Hmmm tell me more about Magic Track~~ I'm constantly forgetting to reapply my lightning shield on my shaman, perhaps it could help?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I just keep a modified EBB with the buffs I need reminders on whitelisted and BIG next to my toon.

http://i39.tinypic.com/fw0v2q.jpg

If you need an addon to sound an alarm 'out of shield charges' I think Shaman Friend does that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd View Post
    Wow, ok so I downloaded xperl and tried it out and it looks amazing. I won't be able to try it in action until tonight when I get to work but it looks very clean and, although a little different, doesn't detract from the original WoW graphics.

One thing though; how do you move the frames around? I can't find any type of drag options and the number input options aren't actually working for the offsets (neither are the anchors).

I'm not sure I need to move things, with the buffs transferred to the characters and pictures removed, but we'll see.
    Just open up the options and then you can drag the frames around that show up.

Also, for any class with a big proc move (arms warrior, arcane mage, afflic lock, etc.) I recommend getting the NAO!! addon. It will put the icon for whatever the ability is right on your screen so you can't miss it. When I stopped playing with sound and the only thing that let me know Shadow trance was up on my warlock was the little icon under my player frame I missed it a loooooot. Can't miss it with that addon. Automatically works with all classes and can be customized but I have no idea how well that works.