Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Addons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    The longer I play, the more I find I'm not even using the party frames. Pretty soon I'm going to use grid only. Just need to figure out pets / vehicles really.

Surprised nobody's mentioned MSBT yet. Pretty nifty replacement for the default floating battle text, very configurable out of the box as well.

I really want to get into Grid but I can't seem to get the hang of the config. I know how to configure the corner indicators but can't seem to create differing indicators for duration warnings...and I can't reliably use it when tanking or dpsing (absolutely can't live without ToT for tanking or dps).

I tried following resto4life's guide to setting it up but some of the settings she describes don't exist at all after I've installed those modules, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    I really want to get into Grid but I can't seem to get the hang of the config. I know how to configure the corner indicators but can't seem to create differing indicators for duration warnings...and I can't reliably use it when tanking or dpsing (absolutely can't live without ToT for tanking or dps).

I tried following resto4life's guide to setting it up but some of the settings she describes don't exist at all after I've installed those modules, lol.
    Grid isn't very good at displaying durations. I have elkbufbars for that. I'm not sure grid is so useful for a tank or dps who need not be as concerned about the overall raid status as a raid healer.

Some people use larger grid boxes to display HoT duration timers in the corners, but I just can't stand having that much text changing in the grid layout, so I have a specific elk bar for my hots on my target and focus, and then track the presence of hots throughout the raid with colored dots on the grid. Most fights I don't use focus at all, but for some complicated fights I'll set my focus to the second tank, and I have a keybind to rotate my target into the focus slot and my focus into my target, and then off-heal without targeting by using clique binds. This works well for Raz. Other fights I'll set focus on the boss so I can watch his hp go down

I don't know that elk can do ToT out-of-the-box--may need lua changes to support that. For ToT aggro, I typically just use grid's aggro indicator. I use an older grid, btw, that uses a cpu-intensive but timely method of detecting aggro. Apparently newer grids use a blizzard-provided hook which is lazy about updating.

Once I hit 80 on my shaman, I'll be back on my tree full-time and I have a new mod I'm working on that I'll be showing off here

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Hmmm tell me more about Magic Track~~ I'm constantly forgetting to reapply my lightning shield on my shaman, perhaps it could help?
    Magic track was mostly a PvP addon that kept track of enemy CD's fades and gains, as well as letting your party members know about interrupts, when your interrupts came off CD, as well as enemy interrupts.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Just open up the options and then you can drag the frames around that show up.

Also, for any class with a big proc move (arms warrior, arcane mage, afflic lock, etc.) I recommend getting the NAO!! addon. It will put the icon for whatever the ability is right on your screen so you can't miss it. When I stopped playing with sound and the only thing that let me know Shadow trance was up on my warlock was the little icon under my player frame I missed it a loooooot. Can't miss it with that addon. Automatically works with all classes and can be customized but I have no idea how well that works.
    That sounds pretty awesome for Art of War. Nothing sucks worse than assuming your 3500 Judgement was a crit, then casting Flash of Light (thinking it's instant) and losing a little DPS due to the cast time. Well ok, some things suck worse, but it'd be helpful.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

anyone know of a mod where I can get an arrow to go on top of the target I'm selecting like in FFXI? the circle under the player isn't really good for me as I can't see where the person is if they're through scenery.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

hmmm...I don't think such an addon would be allowed to exist. Too much of an advantage in PvP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'm sure one could be made and if it can be made, it's allowed until Blizzard disabled the API functions for it. With everything else doable though, I think it's something that could be done, but hasn't yet.

Does anybody know of an addon or a way to move the Blizzard quest-tracking to the LEFT side of the screen instead of the right? I like how Bliz shows it, I don't want anything fancy, I just want to move it. It's getting in the way of my target/self/party now.

I tried MonkeyQuest, and it's ok except for the tooltip that goes above it that doesn't seem to have a disable option. Not cool. Moving that tooltip below MonkeyQuest or disabling altogether would work, as well.

Help?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

My suggestion is to use QuestHelper, it has a movable on screen quest log.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

As for the arrow thing, while you may not be able to get one over their head you can turn on enemy health bars over their heads...which show up in a faded alpha until you target them, when the alpha changes to 0 and solidifies the view. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's something, and those bars permeate all forms of terrain or effects. They only show up when you're within a short reach though so I'm not sure if it'll solve your particular problems.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

if you turn off "naming" in the preferences, the name of only the thing your targeting will showup, so it sort of stands out in a mass.

From what I hear the scripting system doesn't allow targeting changes. May require using mods, but that would be going on the edge of game hacking to do that kind of alteration

Soorta like... removing stealth from stealthed people (although nude mods is apparently ok, as long as its not body altering boob size) >.>

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    My suggestion is to use QuestHelper, it has a movable on screen quest log.
    I dunno, ideally I'd want something with low overhead, but I doubt someone has scripted an addon purely for the purpose of moving Blizzard's exact quest tracking feature to a different part of the screen. :/

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Hmmm tell me more about Magic Track~~ I'm constantly forgetting to reapply my lightning shield on my shaman, perhaps it could help?
    Mod I mentioned earlier "Smartbuff" can auto rebuff lightning shield when its at 0 charges.

Like mentioned before, it works with all classes (and like most buff mods, doesn't rebuff properly if in combat however)

It'll remind you and on mouse scroll and auto rebuff shields, flasks, food buffs, hunter aspects, pally aura's, Dk presences, mage armors, weapon oil (for low levels), water walking shaman, fear ward priest, warrior stances, druid thorns on you, your party, warlock/hunter/DK pets.

/pic of it on warlock

Also has ignore/allow options incase you hate someone and don't want to buff them.

I've got my guild mostly to use it, it makes the lazy mages, druids and priests give out buffs for the most part instead of having to ask (for pally I'd recommend pally power!)

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I picked up Chatter last night, but can't find an option to reposition the chat box. Am I missing something obvious, or is that not possible with this addon? If the latter, are there any addons that have this functionality?

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The normal chat box should even be able to be moved as long as it hasn't been locked in place; try right clicking on it and finding an option for lock/disable or something to that effect. Sorry I don't have specific syntax.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd View Post
    I dunno, ideally I'd want something with low overhead, but I doubt someone has scripted an addon purely for the purpose of moving Blizzard's exact quest tracking feature to a different part of the screen. :/
    Try Extended Quest Log, that or DoubleWide might do the trick.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Nah DoubleWide just makes the quest log itself side-by-side, doesn't let you move the little tracker thing that pops up on the right.

I could swear I tried a bar mod once that would let you move that but I have no idea which one it was, I went through like 6 of them before settling on Bartender (which doesn't do it :/).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd View Post
    I'm sure one could be made and if it can be made, it's allowed until Blizzard disabled the API functions for it. With everything else doable though, I think it's something that could be done, but hasn't yet.

Does anybody know of an addon or a way to move the Blizzard quest-tracking to the LEFT side of the screen instead of the right? I like how Bliz shows it, I don't want anything fancy, I just want to move it. It's getting in the way of my target/self/party now.

I tried MonkeyQuest, and it's ok except for the tooltip that goes above it that doesn't seem to have a disable option. Not cool. Moving that tooltip below MonkeyQuest or disabling altogether would work, as well.

Help?
    Download Sexymap. You can get both a Sexymap and click "Show movers" to move the quest-tracking around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Oh EQL does the movement only, pretty lightweight too. I was assuming he wanted he actual log to switch around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That's absolutely perfect aers, thanks a ton. And of course thanks to the others who suggested things hehe. As sexy as that map is, it's not for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast