+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Addons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Praid doesn't seem to be doing anything that pitbull can't. You just have to mess around quite a bit with Dogtags and the raid configuration to get it to look exactly like it.

Supposed to be working right now but I saw WG was up and decided to try it. The config window was being super laggy (we just lost and folks were leaving in droves) so I only got to spend about 60 seconds doing it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/f4mi40.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've only been playing for a couple of months and I wanted to know what Add-ons you guys would recommend as "must haves"?

My Guild leader told me to get quest helper from curse.com but I haven't yet. I'm kinda enjoying figuring out the quests on my own right now.

I was thinking about an auction house add-on because not knowing the AH history really sucks. Also, I think I might need an atlas one too because everyone keeps giving coordinates that do me no good.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Personally I would say

X-Perl
    Cartographer
    Omen
    Recount
    Bartender + Button Facade
    Titan Panel
    BankItems
    Quartz
    Rating Buster

What class are you playing cos there's a few good class specific addons too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm a lvl 31 affliction Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Praid doesn't seem to be doing anything that pitbull can't. You just have to mess around quite a bit with Dogtags and the raid configuration to get it to look exactly like it.

Supposed to be working right now but I saw WG was up and decided to try it. The config window was being super laggy (we just lost and folks were leaving in droves) so I only got to spend about 60 seconds doing it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/f4mi40.jpg
    holy shit, if thats yours hook it up with what add ons and what you did.

If it's too much effort though don't worry bout it, I'll try to figure it out myself after I get outa class.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    holy shit, if thats yours hook it up with what add ons and what you did.

If it's too much effort though don't worry bout it, I'll try to figure it out myself after I get outa class.
    It's Pitbull. I'll post the modifications done after lunch.

Edit:

I typed a lot more than I expected but really it's not that much work, just a matter of finding the right options to click and clicking them.

Open up the pitbull config window, or just type "/pitbull"

Click the top level 'pitbull' entry and change the configuration mode to 'Raid.' This will let you see your changes as you make them. Be warned, this will turn your screen into a fucking mess, as it will show you Raid Targets, Assists, Pet Frames, etc. Drag the Pitbull config window out of the way.

Right click a frame or a frame group to identify it (the Pitbull config window will open to the correct section. Disable ANY frame you don't want to show up when you're in a raid (I disable just about everything). For your sanity I strongly recommend you disable everything but 'Raid' so you can at least somewhat make out what's going on when you start making changes. You can re-enable your other frames later.

Drag out one of the group frame sets to make seeing your changes easier.

Click 'Raid' on the config window
    Click 'Bars'
    Click 'Cast' and Disable it
    Click 'Power' and Disable it
    Click 'Health' and uncheck Color by Class

Close the 'Bars' group and open the 'Other' group

Click 'Grouping'

Move the 'Vertical Spacing' down as far as you're comfortable with it. I went with '5' in the screenshot above. The default value is much to much for my tastes.

Click 'Size' and slide the Height and Width sliders down to as low as you want. I went with a height of 15 and a width of 155. Just use whatever works for your resolution, using these exact values may not make you happy.

Close 'Other' and open up 'Texts'
    Click 'Name'
    In the Positioning group click the Frame dropdown and choose Outside, Left-middle
    Click the Style dropdown and choose Class Colored

Now all that's left is to clean up the icons. Click 'Icons.'
    Personally I disable everything, but you may want Raid Icons on, and simply repositioned if that's what you want. Just move it around the frame until you're happy. Everything else should probably be switched off.

Finally, buffs and debuffs. Click 'Other' -> 'Auras'

Frankly I disable Buffs, it's not very useful. Here's what you want your config window to look like if you want the debuffs to show up, however:

Mind you this is more useful in a raid setting than a PvP setting. Most raidbosses won't spray about more than 2-3 debuffs on players. In Arena/BGs, Debuffs can grow to the dozens and that gets messy with this layout. Remember this little option and turn Debuffs on/off as you see fit.

Choose Buffs or Debuffs to layout like this, or neither. Buffs and Debuffs don't really share the space well together with this particular layout.

From here on out it's up to you. Close the config window and drag the frames around till they are arranged the way you like them. The words 'Group 1' etc. don't show up outside of config mode (I think) so don't worry about them. You may also wish to increase/decrease the size of things (Size always appears in the 'Other' part of a frame config). Depending on the resoultion you play at. Also, to change the style of the bars themselves go to 'Global Settings' and change the Status Texture to whatever floats your boat. I prefer Minimalist.

When you're done, don't forget to re-enable frames you care about, like Main Tanks, Player, Target, Assist, etc. If you need further help in Pitbull customization let me know. Also turn off the Configuration mode :D

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

None of the warlock mains are on /g at the moment so I can't really say whats good for locks, only suggestion I got was Shardmax from someone on their 27 lock alt lol. For the AH I hear good things about Auctioneer. I'll ask /g again when the lock mains log on.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    Does anybody know if there are raid bars that aren't pitbull or grid that work and look identical to the way perfect raid does? I would keep using Praid, but it doesn't have deathknights as a class anymore and it's really frustrating and annoying having to use focus for DK tanks.
    Praid does work with DKs, just need to update it. I know the issue you're talking about because I have that on one of my computers, but on another DKs do indeed show up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Thanks for the advice. So far I've loaded:

Cartographer: Super awesome
    Omen
    Titan: reminds me of Windower, kinda comforting idk why
    Rating Buster

I'll try some of the others later.

Thanks Correction, got it all set up and everything. Looks perfect and feels a lot better than my outdated praid thank you for all that extra explanation, I really hate trying to adjust pitbull lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Does anyone have the most recent version of Outfitter?

I understand not supporting your addon anymore because of WoW's new terms of agreement, but to take your addon off the various websites so no one can even download the current version is just petty and ridiculous.

They're not hurting Blizzard, and it's not going to get them to change it.

So with that said, anyone have it?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

my recount broke, where do i update it?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

There doesn't seem to be an updated version yet. I get most of my addons from WoW AddOns - WowAce.com or World of Warcraft Addons - WoW Addons - Curse.com Hopefully, there will be an update by the time you read this post. >.<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

mine works, but i get the "your addons are having an unusual amount of problems" or somesuch. i assume its recount bringing that up

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Is Chatter broken for anyone else?

No matter what I do, say/guild/party/officer/etc chat won't even show up in the chat window(even if I'm the one typing it,) though other people can see what I'm saying and the such. Automated messages such as GMotD and Joined Channel: [1. General] still display fine.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I have the same problem, my whispers aren't showing up for example, but people respond to them fine.

Also my grid addon is bugged and I get a nice error window I have to hit "OK" on to get rid of. Something about 'GridStatusAggro.lua' or some such.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Is Chatter broken for anyone else?

No matter what I do, say/guild/party/officer/etc chat won't even show up in the chat window(even if I'm the one typing it,) though other people can see what I'm saying and the such. Automated messages such as GMotD and Joined Channel: [1. General] still display fine.
    Update or disable DBM. When I disabled it I was able to see all my chat. And about the grid error... I'm unsure what the problem with it is, as grid seems to be working fine for me, but it is giving me that same error message.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

both chatter and dbm got updated so you shouldn't have any problems.

The errors I get now are with Grid's aggro detection, and Xperl's set focus.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Grid is updated now. If, for whatever reason, you can't update it, just open up GridStatusAggro.lua and go to line 159 (pretty much the bottom).

Change;

if (threat and (status > 0)) or (status > 1) then
    GridStatusAggro.core:SendStatusGained(guid, "alert_aggro",
    settings.priority,
    (settings.range and 40),
    (threat and settings.threatcolors[status] or settings.color),
    (threat and settings.threattexts[status] or settings.text),
    nil,
    nil,
    settings.icon)
    else
    GridStatusAggro.core:SendStatusLost(guid, "alert_aggro")
    end

to;

if status then

if (threat and (status > 0)) or (status > 1) then
    GridStatusAggro.core:SendStatusGained(guid, "alert_aggro",
    settings.priority,
    (settings.range and 40),
    (threat and settings.threatcolors[status] or settings.color),
    (threat and settings.threattexts[status] or settings.text),
    nil,
    nil,
    settings.icon)
    else
    end

else
    end

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks to the patch I noticed SBF had an unrelated version update. This is really an outstanding buff mod. I didn't particularly feel like I needed one for Warlock but something got conflicted somewhere and I couldn't see my Blizz buffs. EBB was a pain to set up, Buffalo was wonky, so I tried SBF - just made 2 default sections for Buffs and Debuffs, put them off to the side, pretty much ignored them. When I updated it I read the notice and actually looked around in the options for once. I found it's very very easy to set up multiple areas with blacklists or whitelists. Took me about 5 minutes to change mine so that when a buff is on for an hour it's out of your way but when it's on for 15 seconds or expiring it's right in your face. It also has functions for Icons or Bars - for Icons you can use text timers or sweeps, with or without OminCC if you so choose. You can have rows, columns, growing all directions, anchored all directions, custom spacing, custom size. On top of all that the menu is very easy to navigate and is outside of the Interface menu so you can move it around out of your way. The author really seems to have gone above and beyond to make something everyone can use, they deserve much props and many recommendations for this great AddOn. That sounds totally corny, but it's true!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast