+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Addons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    The only thing I do suggest you do is break the habit of moving with your keyboard asap. Train yourself now at an early level to rely completely on your mouse for movement, freeing your keyboard for command inputs.
    I'm not sure I agree with this. I use my mouse extensively for movement, but over time I have grown to actually use WASD more. This is particularly when I need to kite backwards, especially with the current hit box problem, but there's simply no way to face a mob and move backwards using the mouse. You're crippling yourself by not being flexible.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I didn't say to unbind the keys, as you'll still want forward/back bound and strafe left/right. Nobody can deny that as a general rule, mouse movement is more mobility-enabled, and the game really doesn't take strides to encourage it for beginners.

If you're clever with mouse binds you could move backwards with that too. I still use my keyboard when I have to move when tanking, you're right; but as a general whole, I don't use keyboard motions.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with this. I use my mouse extensively for movement, but over time I have grown to actually use WASD more. This is particularly when I need to kite backwards, especially with the current hit box problem, but there's simply no way to face a mob and move backwards using the mouse. You're crippling yourself by not being flexible.
    Depends on your mouse.

http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_m...98819557&hl=en

I use the thumb buttons the front one for strafe left, back for strafe right, and that side wheel for moving backwards

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I turn/aim/autorun with my mouse.
    I've never strafed with anything less than my keyboard (QWE are my main movement keys).

I've seen more exotic layouts but the last time I had to walk backwards I think I was in a vehicle. I haven't unbound D from it but I seldom press it. Not sure why my mouse should be my dominant movement since I do fling it from left to right a lot, especially during PvP encounters.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    Depends on your mouse.

http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_m...98819557&hl=en

I use the thumb buttons the front one for strafe left, back for strafe right, and that side wheel for moving backwards
    I have my left thumb button bound to jump and my right thumb button to auto-run, personally. Since the majority of my keybinds are over on the left side of the keyboard, it isn't hard at all to fine-tune my movement during a fight while hitting things. In big movement fights (e.g., Rotface), I use my mouse to get around. To be honest, I have no idea how I strike all my keybinds while using the keyboard to move, but when you type close to 100 WPM, you've got a fair amount of digital dexterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea how I strike all my keybinds while using the keyboard to move, but when you type close to 100 WPM, you've got a fair amount of digital dexterity.
    Same here, I screw up if I try and pay attention to how I'm doing it, works much better when I just do it, it's not uncommon for me to start moving with my other fingers to hit further keybinds and I never miss a beat, just got used to doing it on hunter that I'm leveling too, so I'll be able to stagger movement for autoshots in fights with movement easily enough when I hit 80

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'm looking for an addon to snitch on my raidmates for subpar gearing/speccing decisions. There used to be the amazing Elitist Group and I used the hell out of that in WotLK but at last updated June 2010 I don't have faith it won't work anymore.

@ Correction http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raidbuffstatus = Not sure if it still works, says its ok for 4.3 though.

Reports on a configurable dashboard or to /raid or /party on consumables, buffs, AFK, mana, aura, talent spec and many many others but in an intelligent automagic way. RBS is the last nail in the coffin of all slacking level 85 raiders. RBS also provides unique tank taunting warnings not provided by any other addon.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Hmm, not a great replacement, don't see a UI to check folks for appropriate gems and enchants.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The new Gearscore addon works for me. Mouseover their name > see what gems/enchants are missing.

It's not called Gearscore now, it's called some other shit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

PlayerScore

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ItemLevel.html

Works fine with me. Playerscore or Gearscore addon feels kinda obsolette, and also take too much memory.

Ridill
    BG Level

shift + spacebar = scoreboard

takes a day or 2 to get used to, but meh

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post

I didn't know there was another way to open the scoreboard other than shift+spacebar. I thought everyone opened it that way.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I didn't know there was another way to open the scoreboard other than shift+spacebar. I thought everyone opened it that way.
    it used to be you could just click the button on the minimap that shows up when you're queued or in bg, left click once and it brings up scoreboard

since they added the multi-queue stuff, you now have to right click it and then pick show scoreboard from a menu, and it's right next to the "leave bg" option which gives no warning or anything when you click it

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    I didn't say to unbind the keys, as you'll still want forward/back bound and strafe left/right. Nobody can deny that as a general rule, mouse movement is more mobility-enabled, and the game really doesn't take strides to encourage it for beginners.

If you're clever with mouse binds you could move backwards with that too. I still use my keyboard when I have to move when tanking, you're right; but as a general whole, I don't use keyboard motions.
    In pve you can probably get away with pure mouse movement. Although you'll (as mentioned) have to bind something to backpedal, at least if you're tanking it's something you must be able to do.

In pvp, however, if you're trying to move exclusively with mouse, you're also probably trying to target exclusively with tab... and if that's the case, you're fucked.

Mastery of basic keyboard movement and the ability to strafe away while doing shit rather than backpedaling is hugely important in pvp of any sort.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post

ya, we are trying to remember, but so used to clicking the eye (as well I don't have shift macroed to my gamepad), but there's nothing more frustrating to go to it then get kicked out of the bg on accident. So at least this helps for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    ya, we are trying to remember, but so used to clicking the eye (as well I don't have shift macroed to my gamepad), but there's nothing more frustrating to go to it then get kicked out of the bg on accident. So at least this helps for now.
    What about going to it and seeing the other faction has 5+healers on their team? That's more frustrating

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

hahaha true

Ridill
    BG Level

One time I got in a game where we (ally) had 0 healers, and horde had 6.

I did a GM call just to actually get some attention to shit like that happening...

aaaaaaaaaand then we won, lol