BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Homam Corazza Triple Attack rate

In Elmer's latent thread, JP tests showed Homam Corazza's Triple Attack rate to be 1%, whereas NA tests showed it to be 2.5%; a large difference. I asked in there but it got bogged down in all of the interest regarding the latents of other items.

Has anyone got links to either of the tests, any anecdotes supporting either %, etc? Debating TPing in Corazza over Haubyberk on DRK for mobs where I have no problem damaging and 1% is a hell of a lot less attractive than 2.5% to make this comparison.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Should be 10%. Who's with me!?!?!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    In Elmer's latent thread, JP tests showed Homam Corazza's Triple Attack rate to be 1%, whereas NA tests showed it to be 2.5%; a large difference. I asked in there but it got bogged down in all of the interest regarding the latents of other items.

Has anyone got links to either of the tests, any anecdotes supporting either %, etc? Debating TPing in Corazza over Haubyberk on DRK for mobs where I have no problem damaging and 1% is a hell of a lot less attractive than 2.5% to make this comparison.
    I don't read moonspeak and I know I've read it was 1%, though I couldn't say from where. I thought it was well-known it was 1%.

I'm with Alistaire here. 2.5% seems quite high. 1% seems much more reasonable and thus almost useless by itself. Unless you're looking for that extra HP/MP, hauby/berk are infinitely better for 2h.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I do remember where I saw 2.5% though, was in that sig with Madawc done up as a MGS thing where he was doing the math between Haub vs Homam and the 2.5 was in there. I just figured it was making fun of Madawc and that nobody else actually thought it was 2.5%.

I wish I could see that thread again, that was true madawc style

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Both BGwiki and otherwiki state it is +2.5% :/

If it was +2.5% then it's a very powerful TP piece for DRK/SAM, 1%... not so sure. Will have to run calculations on that if it is the case, which I am hoping it isn't.

Lampoon

Didn't Elmer post that it's 1% as per that JP book?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is, hard, reading, etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

1% from my experience. You can easily do a test. Using algol and homam body together and also wear brutal. Simply from eyeballing you should see equal amount of TA and DA, or slightly more TA. From my experience, it is not the case as I always DA more.

Lampoon

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Is, hard, reading, etc.
    Good for you.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Even if it was 2.5%, I don't see why any DRK would TP in it. I mean, I know someone will come up with a reason why you should, but I just don't see it with the available alternatives being so strong.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

I usually wear Homam body, and I've always used it because I thought it was 2.5%. I was also looking for confirmation in the Elmer thread. Both wikis do say 2.5%. I also think I see it proc more than 1% of the time: It's especially nice during weapon skills.

I'd really like to see some more definitive tests done on this, as difficult as it may be. Or have JP sites translates to compare. The difference between 2.5% and 1% is the difference between using this body piece or not.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    Even if it was 2.5%, I don't see why any DRK would TP in it. I mean, I know someone will come up with a reason why you should, but I just don't see it with the available alternatives being so strong.
    Well, it's mainly because, comparing it to Haubyberk (not Adaman Hauberk -- entirely different story), you have roughly equivilent accuracy, so it becomes a case of

DEX6 STR6 Atk15~16 (HQ Hauby) vs Triple Attack 2.5%

DEX6 is fairly negligable since we're not TPing in a DEX build; DRK has high attack due to traits and you will often be receiving a minuet or a chaos roll or something which makes the Atk15~16 far less valuable comparatively due to Attack's decreasing returns, and STR6 is far inferior to Triple Attack 2.5% at building TP.

Of course, if I needed the STR/Atk to consistently do above 0 damage to a mob, then Haubyberk is the easy winner, but as far as I see it Homam Corazza should win on any mobs you do not have trouble connecting with for damage (given most of DRK/SAM's damage comes from WS and it accelerates you to that end).

Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post
    I usually wear Homam body, and I've always used it because I thought it was 2.5%. I was also looking for confirmation in the Elmer thread. Both wikis do say 2.5%. I also think I see it proc more than 1% of the time: It's especially nice during weapon skills.

I'd really like to see some more definitive tests done on this, as difficult as it may be. Or have JP sites translates to compare. The difference between 2.5% and 1% is the difference between using this body piece or not.
    And this is why I am so interested; 1% vs 2.5% is a big, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Is, hard, reading, etc.
    If you notice after the section you bolded, I state that NA tests show it to be 2.5% and hence a difference in results, hence the reason for my asking. <_<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The issue might be one of error bars. It would take a long time (and actual parsing) to tell the difference between something that kicked in 1% of the time vs. 2.5% of the time. I don't think you could actually eyeball the difference, or rather I think that people will self-bias to whichever side of the debate they want to believe.

if I remember correctly uncertaintly for one deviation is sqrt((chance it will happen) * (1-chance it won't happen) / (number of tests)).

So... 100 tests would still have an overlap at 68% certainty (couldn't tell the difference 2.5% +- 1.5% and 1% +- 1%).

300 tests would show a difference, but is probably still not conclusive: 1%+-0.6% and 2.5%+-0.9%, for 68% certainty, 1%+-1.2% & 2.5%+-1.8% for 90(ish) % certainty.

1000 tests, starts to give you the ability to tell them appart 1%+-0.6% and 2.5%+-1% for 90% certainty.

It gets increasingly time consuming from there to get the uncertainty down, there's a reason that most polls stop at 3% statistical uncertainty (gets very expensive to get it lower than that, and systematic errors start to get bigger than the statistical error). It's probably worth pointing out that just using parses have statistical error b/c if the triple attack kicks in on the 'killing blow' it could show up as 1, 2, or 3 hits, so that information would have to be thrown out.

Personally, I think it's more than 1%, but I only use it when I don't want the -evasion from haub/zhank's and/or I want the +acc for a meat build anyway (e.g. I use it as a dragoon TP piece).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you notice after the section you bolded, I state that NA tests show it to be 2.5% and hence a difference in results, hence the reason for my asking. <_<
    That was directed at the guy above me, not you. He said the exact same thing as what I had bolded.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

How is 1 vs 2.5% a gigantic deal like you're making it out to be? I am genuinely curious because you are making it sound like that extra 1.5% gives you a blowjob.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

If 1.5% gives you a blow job I'd like to cash in 12% please !

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I wear it because it's pretty

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's reason to believe that Double Attack procs take effect over Triple Attack procs when they happen at the same time. If this is the case it means that the more DA% you have the less you will receive from Homam Corazza. (Although it's a miniscule amount that doesn't mean anything lol.)

Anyway, I remember when some of the original tests were posted in the thf forums it was estimated to be about 3-5%, further testing showed it to be closer to 2.5%. Pretty old thread though, don't think I'd be able to find it easily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast