Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone downed Magni post 3.0? (ironforge boss)

We took a half-hearted attempt at him tonight after doing SW but we're not sure how to get around the knockback. We were playing a bit with vigilance on warriors but even spamming taunt, it isn't landing reliably enough. Any tips?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

He is the hardest Alliance boss (besides maybe Varian now) for a reason. :D Most of the groups I've seen that downed him exploited the door next to him so they could slow-kill him without any interference from alliance players. All the rest just raid him at 3-4 am when server pop is at a minimum.

You mean actually exploiting or just using LOS to their advantage? We had our fair share of alliance involvement but we were mostly having issues with keeping him on a tank.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just wondering, but isn't he (for stat purposes) considered level 83 now? I mean, seems like it'd just be a hell of a lot easier to wait until you're all 80 eh? And has anyone attempted Wrynn? He looks like he'd be fun, but having all alliance characters I don't really have a chance to fight him, and the two servers I'm on are low pop so actual city-raids never really get anywhere

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    I mean, seems like it'd just be a hell of a lot easier to wait until you're all 80 eh?
    Its a challenge. I'll be attempting a full tour tonight ending with Magni, our strat is hunters, lots of them. Priest healers too, fade now drops you to negative 3 million threat.

At 80 it will be incredibly easy, but what's the fun in doing something everyone can do with little effort? All of our melee were doing 300DPS (hunters 1000+) and the SW boss took 20min. Imagine how fast that'll go when all of our DPS are doing 3000-4000DPS. It won't even feel very rewarding at that point.

We killed Wrynn last night. Our first run up to the boss (at 9 CST) we took too long getting there (frost nova'd twice running in, multiple corpse runs). When we got to the room we were already battling off 20+ alliance). We had 3 warlocks and a rogue log out in his room and the rest of us ported out. We had the warlocks summon us back 20 minutes later. We got it to 20% at that point, but since it was still in primetime we got overrun again. We had the warlocks log out once more and came back an hour later. It was actually pretty funny because when the warlocks logged in that second time, a rogue started sapping them during summons. We ran up through the harbor as a group and downed him.

Magni is a lot more difficult because he has a threat drop mechanic on top of being in the most popular alliance city (also located right next to where all the alliance sit).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

2 out of 4 down, stormwind is just too much during primetime. Easily 200 alliance inside the keep waiting for us, caused way too much lag to be tolerable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

3 out of 4 down, couldn't get stable on magni due to the number of alliance in the area, and two fucked premature pulls by some idiot hunter who sent his pet in. I want to hear what correction's exploit is, we tried having 6 tanks on him all building aggro which seemed to work and we were stable until the alliance started just piling up at the door and spamming AoE on us.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That's still quite impressive, did you do it with just one raid or did you have like a raid and a half or what? Seemed quite organized, I'm guessing it was also an in-guild mostly event?

I really want to do that sounds so fun =(

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

We had about 70-80 people for Varian Wrynn at around 3am server, and 100ish for Tyrande and Velen earlier in the day. Mostly respectable guilds, except for that one retarded hunter.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    We had about 70-80 people for Varian Wrynn at around 3am server, and 100ish for Tyrande and Velen earlier in the day. Mostly respectable guilds, except for that one retarded hunter.
    It's just not a raid unless you have a retarded hunter misdirecting his pet or autoshotting the boss before anybody's ready.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foof View Post
    You mean actually exploiting or just using LOS to their advantage? We had our fair share of alliance involvement but we were mostly having issues with keeping him on a tank.
    It's a full exploit, the kind that can probably get you mass-slept by a GM. Basically you have to fear or sheep a player through geometry gaps in IF that 'drop' you into the chambers behind locked doors inside Magni's chamber. From there you can Eyes of the Beast pull Magni through the doors and into a largely uninterrupted slow-dps kill.

Not sure if this still works but it was working as late as 3.0 on live servers.

almost 3 raids at magni right now, been in combat for an hour, server struggling...1 ability every 20+ seconds - at 35% or so

managed to push alliance back to the bridge

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nice work. I've seen a few around now and they're pretty sweet looking mounts. I'm missing Magni and Wrynn.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

To many allies on Shattered Hand. Is it really 5:1 horde to ally on Illidan?

5:1? I really doubt that, but we are horde heavy. Probably pretty close to 2:1 though.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Too many Alliance on my server for that right now

Nice job tho Foof, looks sick.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Alliance came.... all wondered around thralls room... they went up north to where thrall is now... 4 city leaders > 80 ally

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Hahahah I was wondering if anybody would be that stupid. Saurfang running around probably didn't help, either.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast