+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lewis Hamilton

F1 World Champ! Amazing last laps; talk about luck. (I doubt more than 10 people here watched the race).

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Didn't really pay attention much but when I did, I happend to catch a glimpse of a crash.

Had my fingers crossed for him for about the last 15 minutes of it and hit the roof when he got it... o/h is not quite AS happy with being a Ferrari fan but I am :D

At the end of the day, the championship was decided by luck. Massa did everything right on the day, but Hamilton got his rewards for a very good season. Very interesting last few laps to say the least & really pleased that Lewis managed to pull off the win overall.

I still can't get over what happened. I know Hamilton deserved it, but I'm a huge Ferrari fan and it was painful to see how the last lap unfolded. Was a really good race though.

What an evening - that cracking race... followed by new Top Gear.

Still not quite sure what the heck happened to Glock's car right at the end apart from the tyre/rain issue though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The rain got stronger, so he couldn't hold his car on the track properly, since he never changed tires.

I feel kinda bad for having wanted Hamilton to win (being Brazilian and all), but I think he deserved it. He has a very aggressive style, and has been wanting to win for a long time (i.e. not winning it all last year for being a n00b). Massa is also great, and maybe would have had it all if Ferrari didn't fuck him up throughout the season.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

anyone wanna post a link to a video for those of us who missed it?

Here's the last lap, it's in Portuguese though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeuLmOQmhI

At 1:30 is when Massa crosses the finish line and it was pretty much over. But then on the last corner, Glock moves over, err... I mean "looses control of his car" and Hamilton ends up winning.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I missed the race but my brother recorded every single race this season. I was really hoping BMW would come through though ;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Glock had like 5 laps without changing tires and raining, and in the last corner he let them to pass, sad end for a good season, i hate Mclaren with a passion (after all they did last year), wonder which deal got Glock for going so low yesterday.

Feielle

Man, I missed the race and for a moment I thought this was going to be another "famous person died" thread.

Thank god it wasn't. We already lost Phil Hill this year...

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by wolffsrain View Post
    Here's the last lap, it's in Portuguese though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeuLmOQmhI

At 1:30 is when Massa crosses the finish line and it was pretty much over. But then on the last corner, Glock moves over, err... I mean "looses control of his car" and Hamilton ends up winning.
    Damn, video's been taken down due to copyright issues. I used to follow F1 religiously when I was younger but my hear just hasn't been in it the last few seasons. Great to hear that Hamilton got himself a World Championship crown this season, he's an ace driver and made for some amusing TV when he visited Top Gear.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Epic race! Pleased to see a McLaren pilot claiming the championship(a new Hakkinen? That guy was awesome).
    Too bad Ferrari won the team champ. :/

The boy did good, that was the first time I found F1 exciting since Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

I think Massa got robbed though, it was luck pure and simple that got Hamilton that championship, while Massa drove an excellent race. Not saying Hamilton isn't an excellent driver, but Massa had the staying power whereas Hamilton just got lucky.

Hamilton's been robbed all season with dodgy decisions against him - it's been obvious for weeks that the authorities were trying desperately to manipulate things to make them as close as possible and keep people interested for the end of the season.

Best one was the brit morning news programme who'd filmed kids at the karting track Hamilton started out on watching the race - I'd never seen an 8 year old do the full range of emotional face expressions within 10 seconds before... bless 'em.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    I miss Murray Walker's commentary.

Oh god yes - I wish ITV had got him back for their final F1 race... although Murray would have been completely flummoxed by the end of THAT race lol.