Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

GOTY (and it isn't close)

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ugh, that video doesn't work at my job. Some do and some don't will have to wait for three more hours. ><

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

lol, I totally played this stage yesterday. I didn't even think to post anything about it, but just as amazing to watch it on youtube.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Okay thats hilarious lolol. Especially the thing that shoots out little enemy ships lol.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Damn that was pretty cool. Could you make the same thing alot faster? Seemed awfully easy. The Sackgirl looked cool too, can't wait for my copy to arrive. ;_;

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think LBP deserves GOTY. It's pretty good, but as a platformer it suffers from mediocre controls and overall feels very lacking. It's unfortunate, as the level creator is amazing and the game had a lot of potential.

Wow... I gotta play that one!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    I don't think LBP deserves GOTY. It's pretty good, but as a platformer it suffers from mediocre controls and overall feels very lacking. It's unfortunate, as the level creator is amazing and the game had a lot of potential.
    It has unlimited potential, offers one of the most amazing online experiences ever in a videogame, has a cult-like following and shut down almost every major videogame website over the period of a week...but meh...the jump button kinda sucks. I haven't played Fallout 3, maybe someone will make it in LBP and I'll judge it then.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Ahahahaha. I'm sure the game's great but there's been plenty of fantastic releases this year, I wouldn't bank on this being GOTY. That said, GTA4 will probably be/come close to getting GOTY when it doesn't deserve it, which just goes to show what a crock of shit GOTY is nowadays.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Ahahahaha. I'm sure the game's great but there's been plenty of fantastic releases this year, I wouldn't bank on this being GOTY. That said, GTA4 will probably be/come close to getting GOTY when it doesn't deserve it, which just goes to show what a crock of shit GOTY is nowadays.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I didn't like GTA, but I'm a poor judge, I didn't like any of them. Never understood the following.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I enjoyed the Pacman level that was recreated online. Honestly though, I don't understand the appeal of playing watered down versions of other games in LBP. It's usually fun for the first 5 minutes and then the novelty wears off when you realize you could just go play the real thing.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It isn't playing them that makes it special, it's that you begin to see the blossoming of potential that this game can offer....you almost have to remind yourself that it's only been out less than 2 weeks. Take some of these colorful ideas and implement them into new levels, and it's really something amazing. It's crazy that people are able to do everything from recreating symphonies to recreating side scrolling shooters from this game. I almost thought about buying Fallout 3 before this, I thought this game was going to be kind of gimmicky and I didn't get a lot out of the beta. Now that I've had a few days with it, it has one crazy "wow" factor. Whether it actually gets game of the year is irrelevant, the game is a clinic on how to develop.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I enjoyed the Pacman level that was recreated online. Honestly though, I don't understand the appeal of playing watered down versions of other games in LBP. It's usually fun for the first 5 minutes and then the novelty wears off when you realize you could just go play the real thing.
    I kind of liken it to the NES games you could unlock in Animal Planet or the Sega games in Shenmue. It's still amazing to see what the average person can create in LBP though.

I'd say it will at least be in the running for GotY though. Nothing really seemed to stand out in the FPS crowd like Bioshock last year. MGS4 was a pretty strong contender. GTAIV was great as well. It's hard to say though. I'm pretty out of the loop this year on console stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    The Cut's Man LBP lv was fun... but just as you said... once the fun feel of it wore of it was another "meh" lv that could of been used to make something great.

If GTA4 gets GOTY then it proves how meaningless the reward has become.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    The Cut's Man LBP lv was fun... but just as you said... once the fun feel of it wore of it was another "meh" lv that could of been used to make something great.

If GTA4 gets GOTY then it proves how meaningless the reward has become.
    You don't mean that Cut Man level where everything is made of ice and the like? That stage was a valiant attempt, but looks and plays nothing like Cut Man's level from MM1.

However, on the note of MM1, I've been working on trying to recreate Guts Man's level just for kicks. Haven't made a whole lot of progress with it so far though, making the platforms that drop at a 90 degree angle at certain spots while moving back and forth along a piston is turning out to be a huge thorn in my ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    You don't mean that Cut Man level where everything is made of ice and the like? That stage was a valiant attempt, but looks and plays nothing like Cut Man's level from MM1.
    Naw, it had Cut Man's level skin and resembled it in looks and basic design. overall "meh" and nothing special, but was fun for nastalgia.

Anybody try the Batman level? it was hard... did it w/ 3 other ppl and we didn't complete it, nor did we retry it after we lost all our lives. was a fun lv in design though

I don't at all mind the massive amounts of 'remakes' of other games. I have played a fair amount of them that are quite good. Of course, the trophy levels need to die now... i did alot of those on my own moon, but hey... i am sure that it got those people the easy Hearted by 20 People, and 50 People trophies or whatever they are.

I guess i would rather get that many people playing my entirely original level though, and not just because they couldn't figure out how to get 1M points or x20 Multiplier in the Story Mode.

Working on something new now, and I have realized that I just have to pick it up and just goooooooooooo. With my daughters level, Forever Tree, being the exception... nothing i sketch out ends up in LBP right now. I have more fun just creating as I go.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I find it amusing that people are acting like GOTY wasn't always a crock from day 1.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Gaming awards are a crock in general. The fact that MTV would give Hideo Kojima a lifetime achievement award for just MGS over someone like Shigeru Miyamoto is a crock of shit within itself.

Not that MGS isn't a good series within itself, but it's hardly anything deserving of a lifetime achievement award over some of the other directors/developers/designers/etc out there.