Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

T1 is killing my wallet! Help! (CC)

I am CC 99.0, and I've decided to focus primarily on T1s as my steady money maker because I had assumed they would have higher long-term returns than cranking out slow selling T0s hoping for that one HQ.

I've read that t1 is supposedly 10% hq chance, if that is accurate than my data troubles me because I am slowly but surely losing gil over time attempting T1s. I felt it really bad today cranking out 22 rainbow capes and 6 devotee's mitts for a grand total of 0 HQs. Look below for the full list. Are these normal numbers for T1? Do you guys skip the hassle and just do T2/T3?

Item: #NQ, #HQ, Rate

Errant slops: 38, 4, 10%
    rainbow cape: 125, 5, 4% (the killer)
    devotee's mitts: 212, 13, 6%
    other misc:

Total (T1): 437 NQ, 28 HQ, Overall rate: 6%

These totals dont include breaks. Often my breakrate is 5-10% which is approx equal to the HQ rate. I break about as often as I HQ.

I would like to hope for 1 hq per 10 tries but I'm finding even this is unreasonable. I don't buy stacks. I buy raw ingredients (such as spider webs/guild days crawler cocoons/silk thread) and craft all the way up to threads/cloths to save as much as possible on mats.

I'm running out of options, What do you guys think about T1s from a CC perspective.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

The perspetive is the same in every other craft, no matter if its CC alone. Get used to it, crafting sucks. You win some, you lose alot.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like your T1 rate is similar to mine

T1
    1/24 War Gloves +1
    0/19 Blue Cape +1
    5/58 Devotee's Mitts +1

6/111 ~~ 5.4%. I hate Blue Capes

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I can't offer any clothcrafting advice, but I can say that my overall tier 1 HQ rate is right around 9%, largely the result of an absurd streak of bad luck trying to make myself a Lynx Mantle +1 for the hell of it. Luckily I've had great luck with the big money synths to more than counter it. In general, I don't think I'd consider a tier 1 to be a steady gil-making synth unless you could HQ it 1/16 times (The lowest estimate for t1 HQ rate I've seen) and still make a profit.

Sanoske

I'd say over ~1000 t1 synths since I hit 99(obviously now 100), I'm sitting at about a 5.41% t1 rate. I've always been of the opinion that tier 1 is slightly lower than 10%.

I've had great luck on HQing things 1/1 or other low numbers on tier 0 items, but my tier 1 luck is poor. Mahatma Slops used to be my most common synth, and I've gone on 0/90 streaks... but only done better than 1/12 once. My tier 1 HQ streaks are isolated to worthless things like Gold Thread and Cuir Gloves to make Tiger Gloves on my LC mule.

Really, it's all random. ~10% is a false number, in my opinion. Don't bank on 1/10, because it will not happen most times.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

my t1 for bone is 5/85 with 8 breaks
    not a ton, but haven't been 100 that long either

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My D log is sitting at 7.04% (9 HQ, 6 HQ2, 10 breaks, 213 total synths). Cursed Haidate is at exactly 1/16 (6.25%).
    Feels closer to 1/16 (Or 2^-4, 6.25%)

T3 - 50% (2^-1)
    T2 - 25% (2^-2)
    T1 - 6.25% (2^-4)

But T0 appears to break the pattern...
    T0 - 0.39% (2^-8 ) seems too low though I think some folks are experiencing this value.
    I suspect it is 3.125% (2^-5) though 1.5625% (2^-6) seems equally feasible.

Musings...
    Doing powers of 2 will allows SE to do bit shifts for efficiency in multiplication and division...
    Now if they use 0-255 as the range of possible values (can use as low as 0-63 but no point going that low) a random can be, you can fit everything nicely into 1 unsigned byte and still retain whole numbers for the above percentages - Probably legacy code from previous FF.

Something witty
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From the info in the sticky (some of which I can't agree with but that's another matter), hq rate for T1 is 1/16, or about 8%. In my own crafting I've probably come pretty close to this number (mostly with cursed crimson gear), though I don't have any solid data, just estimations.

Funny thing was the first time i ever tried T1's on cursed crimson gear, i made 2/4 cuisses -1, and 1/4 cfg -1 all in one sitting. Got me pretty excited. The excitement went down the toilet when i NQ'd the next 40 cursed synths -_-

I rarely bother anymore, people have dropped the price of these down to break even now, assuming you get lucky enough to hq that one in 16 anyways.

With T0 and T1 prepare to NQ a lot. I don't usually do a synth unless I'm feeling lucky (usually results in me losing a lot of gil) or going 1/16 will give me profit. Usually with shit like Prism Capes, going 1/16 will result in a loss, possibly breakeven. Don't fuck with it, you'll be better off. I have 4 99+ crafts, and barely ever touch them anymore because every market has turned to shit, unless youre going 1/3 T2s, 1/10 T1, or 1/45 T0.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I make more money, and save myself a hell of a lot more stress, by not trying for HQs (or rather, not depending on them). I like to make my money off of other crafters (threads to cloth, ores to ingots, logs to lumber, etc) and things like bolts where HQs are nice but NQs don't make me /wrists .

I know this isn't the most common way for a high level crafter to make money, but the lack of stress when you NQ, NQ, NQ, NQ x100 is very worth it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Honestly the best way I found to make steady easy cash was to craft the shit out of inexpensive T2/T3s. I used to make the level 14 str rings out the ass, Hq a lot of them, vendor 3/4 of the nqs and the final 1/4 I'd make into mighty rings. You wouldn't believe how fast those little bastards sell. And best of all, all the ingredients come from a vendor in Jeuno :D Happy days.

Tier 1s are worse than Tier 0s because they give you a sense of hope.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marzuki View Post
    Tier 1s are worse than Tier 0s because they give you a sense of hope.
    QFT

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

good- its not just me ^^

0/30+ on prism capes since dinging 99+3, 1/22 on mahatma slops....

I did have a nice 3/4 devotee's mitts+1 one day around 97.something....helped on that push to 99.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    My D log is sitting at 7.04% (9 HQ, 6 HQ2, 10 breaks, 213 total synths). Cursed Haidate is at exactly 1/16 (6.25%).
    Uh, wish I had same luck with D.Logs.

2 HQ, 0HQ2, 16 breaks, 86 synths.

1/52 Cursed Kabuto -1, 1/20 Cursed Haidate -1.

In one session I bought 7 Logs, broke 2 synthing them to lumber, then broke 2 trying to synth into Kabuto, I wanted to quit that day.

Those 16 breaks are just going from Log > Lumber, if I counted the lumber I lost while trying to synth the Kabuto or Haidate I'd be even more depressed right now.

Today I was feeling lucky, bought the 2 angel skins on ah, the 8 lamian kaman -1s, and had 4 wyrm horns stored up. Though I didn't break anything, NQed it all watched my gil deplete. Back to saying fuck crafting and spending the rest of my gil on overpriced currency ... about 25m more to blow! Weeee

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My t1 hq rate since I actually started keeping track is 5.5%, which seems a little low but then I've always had bad crafting luck period, so I'm not surprised.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think most crafts this day get the odd big number T0 synth and then do far better making lots of smaller bits of gil from lower level stuff. At 97 I have every intention of hitting 99 on Cloth and then doing the occasional 100 synth but mainly focusing on lower synths and working on T0's for myself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    Uh, wish I had same luck with D.Logs.

2 HQ, 0HQ2, 16 breaks, 86 synths.

1/52 Cursed Kabuto -1, 1/20 Cursed Haidate -1.

In one session I bought 7 Logs, broke 2 synthing them to lumber, then broke 2 trying to synth into Kabuto, I wanted to quit that day.

Those 16 breaks are just going from Log > Lumber, if I counted the lumber I lost while trying to synth the Kabuto or Haidate I'd be even more depressed right now.
    If it makes you any better, this past month, I lost 6 d logs (NQ d log, broke togi or just broke log) and 3 j logs. (3 out of 4 synths!)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You have a 22/375 ~= 5.87% HQ rate. All my data indicates 1/16 HQ rate on T1s (6.25%). I can say it is definitely not 10%, your rate is fairly normal, but is a little bit on the low end.