+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for BC idea's     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looking for BC idea's

I just hit bonecraft 100 yesterday and I'm looking for advice on what to start making for money. I've got ww capped at 60 and leather is currently at 46 and in the process of going to 60. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their money makers to give me some idea's. I understand if you don't since you don't want people hording in on your synths. I'm on Ragnarok server and would love some advice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You are just going to get the usual replies people give everyone here.

Perhaps someone can make a sticky thread on "Before you ask other people on money-making recipes, read this..."?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah and I figured I would, i was just hoping for more, ya know. I totally understand people not wanting to give up their money making synths though. Just thought I'd give it a shot. I'm super poor after all the craft leveling and haven't had time to do alot of research on it. I've done a little and it's been a little discourging. Seems like unless you HQ you don't make shit. I know there's always the RR hairpins but the margins are too small on Rag. Costs
    45k to make and sells for 50-60k. Not worth it IMO but that's just me.

And for the edit, My hq's suck even on T3+ with shall shells going for black pearls. But whatever,

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I make a lot of gil with bone, but I lose too, need to look at what you can make, what is selling/out of stock. I find I make a lot of gil on the little stuff that is easy to hq selling at 10k a pop fast, but I get in a good groove with it and then BAM undercut badly so stop making that. I chocobo dig and get a lot of giant femurs for free so make stuff with that, but I had bone knives +1 up to 10k and then BAM now they at like 3k when the nq sells for 2k. It's all about what you can make money on now, what is on ah, even 10k profit adds up fast.

Final Fantasy XI Auction House - FFXIAH.com

now that is about as nice as I am going to be

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru View Post
    Final Fantasy XI Auction House - FFXIAH.com

now that is about as nice as I am going to be
    Because that's totally helpful. Douche

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Glade98 View Post
    You're really underestimating the power of the offline auction house, aren't you?

Since (assumingly) you've taken the time to get 100 bonecraft, the same methods you used to do so also applies to making money ...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    You're really underestimating the power of the offline auction house, aren't you?

Since (assumingly) you've taken the time to get 100 bonecraft, the same methods you used to do so also applies to making money ...
    Not really, the money i used to level bone was gotten from BC's, nm's, and farming my own mats. Now that I have Bone 100 I'm looking to no longer have to farm and would like to do BC's that I don't have to sell the drops and do the ones for items that I want instead of for money.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You're the douche, do some research, if you can't figure out what to make from FFXIAH, then you should just go back to farming for money. The most profitable recipes for any craft are a constantly moving target; someone could give you a recipe today that is unprofitable in a week.

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day; teach a man to fish, and he'll have food forever.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

WOW, Never felt so much hate for anyone on these forums until you said that.

I figured you wouldn't have the motor skills to actually do half an ounce of research for your lazy ass self.

A: Prices for materials AND finished products are different on different servers.

B: FFXIAH ACTUALLY SHOWS YOU THE AMOUNT OF PROFIT FOR NQ/HQ PRODUCTS.

C: Why ask for help here? Clearly if you are too lazy to do any REAL research you are going to be too lazy to wait for synths to sell and just undercut all the diligent crafters anyway.

D: You should have been swallowed.

Was this post helpful, Douche?

Just a follow up: This person was the same one who made his own AV thread in advanced to say this...

"I'm sure this has been tried or at least suggested but I couldn't find anything with the search, espcially with the multitude of pages already made on AV. If so I apologize in advanced and will totally accecpt the "Noob" status.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried to Curse AV with either an Acient Sword, Misery Staff, or a Blu Ability (Not sure if Blu can even learn Curse). I just came back to FFXI after a 2 year break so sorry for the potential noobness that comes with that."

Yup it was locked after 5 posts. (Three of them said "Run" one of them was his and the last was the Modkitty asking if he had really signed up just to post that lol)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be nice, he is not the only one making these posts.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

The man has a point, ffxiah.com has nothing helpful for crafters, move along Glade.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You come here and ask one of the worst, most stupid questions that can be asked in crafting (by a 100 crafter, no less!) and then you insult people.

Nice, really nice.

Edit: never mind.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru View Post
    Just a follow up: This person was the same one who made his own AV thread in advanced to say this...

"I'm sure this has been tried or at least suggested but I couldn't find anything with the search, espcially with the multitude of pages already made on AV. If so I apologize in advanced and will totally accecpt the "Noob" status.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried to Curse AV with either an Acient Sword, Misery Staff, or a Blu Ability (Not sure if Blu can even learn Curse). I just came back to FFXI after a 2 year break so sorry for the potential noobness that comes with that."

Yup it was locked after 5 posts. (Three of them said "Run" one of them was his and the last was the Modkitty asking if he had really signed up just to post that lol)
    Yup that was me. I wont deny that. At this point coming back to the game after 2 years of being gone from the game I had no idea what had been attempted and/or what hadn't. I guess everything has been tried and yet AV is still unbeatable. That's a cop out if you ask me. Everything hasn't been tried because SE wouldn't make a mob that can't be beaten. But that's a whole different issue.

I'm sorry I was looking for advice thinking that people would be helpful and not total assholes about it. And like I said in my original post I wasn't looking for people to give up everything, just some friendly advice. As for not doing research I've been doing that since I hit the 90's and couldn't come up with much anything that was actually worth the time. All the margins are too small to make it worthwhile.

Just forget I asked and lets leave it at that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

pm me and I will tell you how to become a GOD AT THE WORLD OF BONECRAFT

As for not doing research I've been doing that since I hit the 90's and couldn't come up with much anything that was actually worth the time. All the margins are too small to make it worthwhile.
    Welcome to crafting?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ubermonkey View Post
    Welcome to crafting?
    I guess so, looks like I picked the wrong way to make money.