Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sephiroth_Owa 13

Why did you pick so and so character/name and nation?

Out of boredom got to thinking. What makes people make the names, characters, job, and nations they do when they first start off in the game?
    With me for Sepihroth it was this, all the names I wanted were already taken lol.
    So for a joke I tried Sephiroth. Didn't go through (guessing this is cause FFXI/SE doesn't allow players to have past FF game names), so then tried Sepihroth and got it. Then thought for shits and giggles why not make it a Elvaan female? So went through the female Elvaan faces found the one I wanted, picked War to start off it then Sandy.....only reason for Sandy...cause I like tress >.> XD
    With my 2nd char she wasn't planed as a 2nd char. I endded up getting that name cause a close friend in game quit the game and said I could make a mule with her old name and also cause she didn't want some asshat to get the name.
    Pick hume for her cause I was getting sick of Sephy ( Sepihroth ) and made her the model I wanted in the first place. Again picked War for her job. But this time placed her in Bastok cause had rank 10 on Sandy and wanted to see something new, also cause blue is my favorite colour.
    As for the War jobs, like the fact War can skill up almost any weapon in game.
    So my unoriginal names come from the names I wanted already being in use.
    To this day I get asked why two chars?
    I just say one got lvled cause I got sick of the other, and other got made cause tried something outta shits and giggles.
    But I enjoy both of my girls to this day

~~~~PS~~~~
    please forgive any spelling errors, I'm not known to be the best speller and sometimes leave words out if I did sorry ^^:

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Owa 13 View Post
    So for a joke I tried Sephiroth. Didn't go through (guessing this is cause FFXI/SE doesn't allow players to have past FF game names), so then tried Sepihroth and got it.
    Shockingly, about 293847038743 other people named their character Sephiroth (+ 398473 or so for variations), which is why you experienced an issue. SE is looking into the problem, however.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Nation is pretty easy: Bastok because I got the ring at the start and all my IRL friends were also planning on Bastok for the same reason.

The Name:

I explained this one many many times. I used to play Phantasy Star Online, where your name dictates how your rare drops are handled. Party leader's Section ID determines drops. Your Section ID is determined by your name. I personally liked the Red Section ID because it specialized in rare armor/accessories and also had access to rare katana and my favorite weapon Lavis Cannon (A saber that could shoot lasers out when you attacked with it...a light saber that could shoot basically).

I originally used the name "Tsumiko" because I found it to be a pretty name for a female. However, that ID ended up being Yellow, not Red. I basically spent about 20 or 30 minutes fiddling with the name trying to get Red without having some ungodly amount of Spaces or Underscores after my name. I eventually tried on "Tsu Tsumiko" which didn't work and it became cojoined into "Tsutsumiko", which finally got the ID I was looking for.

I loved the way the name rolls off the tongue and have kept it ever since for my Female online personas.

The name literally has no real meaning, so don't try looking for one. I think the closest one a friend could come up with was "Gift Wrapping Girl" or "Gift Wrapping Mistress." JPs probably find me strange hahaha.

Chose Sanjiyan because when I was younger one of my favorite manga was 3x3 Eyes; san-ji-yan's literal translation is "three eyes". They were powerful in the manga, and I've been using "Sanjiyan" for everything online as an alias since dial-up, BBS, and mIRC was the rage.

Chose a Mithra because my brother played Hume for a few months before I started, and I wanted to be different from him, yet still a balanced race. In reality though, subconsciously I chose Mithra because Mithras are cat girls.

Chose Windurst because I wanted a nation ring, and be in a nation of cute midgets and more cat girls.

In hindsight, I wouldn't change a thing except maybe starting in Sandy (since windurstian ring kinda sucks anyway) because Windy is a shitty city to navigate. It's needlessly big.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ringthree is derived from a song lyric. Elvaan male, because I wanted to be a DRG and wanted the extra STR, and because I am a dude in real life. Bastok because my RL friend was from there and told me to start there.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I made my name up, I don't really know where it came from but I've loved it ever since. As far as nation goes, when I started, my ex-husband had started playing before me and he started in Bastok so I wanted to start in a different nation for a different perspective, so I started in Sandy.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I picked Vegetto cause I tried like 10 diff names and kept trying random names off the top of my head till one went through. I picked bastok cause i liked it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Darunia, cos gorons freakin rock!
    Elv cos when i got FFXI i was so excited to play it i went right for the first character i liked, really shoulda gone galka but meh.
    Sandy um... Bastok and Windurst's music annoyed the living hell outa me and surprisingly San d'oria's didnt.

Kaelia

Kaelia basically just came off of my real name to make it more fantasy-ish. My real name is Caitlin, so Cai->Kae, got rid of the "t" to make it more soft, then lin->lia. I started out as Bastok because my real life sister and our friend started there. We were all humes and that is where humes belong! Granted I'm San d'Oria now, because my RL boyfriend/IG husband is a San d'Orian. :D

Sephiroth_Owa 13

This is interesting to see the hows and why's behide ppl's chars, also glad to know I'm not the only one that had to keep entering names before finally getting one lol.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The reason I chose my name is in my sig

Because of my name I wanted to be a mage

Since I was going to be a mage I chose to be a taru

Since I was going to be a taru mage I chose windy for the ring... to rule them all!

Got bored looked in a dictionary. Haven't looked back since.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

My name was from me wanting a more "Fantasy" name, I nearly called my character something immature for lols, but decided against it in the last second (thank god, I look at names like Whoflungpoo and others and /facepalm).

I couldn't really think of a fantasy thing, and I know my real name is unique, so I just stuck the word "Lord" in front of it (as in the title of the owner of a manor - Lords and Ladies, not Lords / gods).

Hume? I back then never liked to deter from the norm so I picked the safe choice of hume. I didn't want to take a risk with the other races in case I changed jobs down the line.

Bastok? Because humes are from bastok and I wanted the ring that I'd eventually toss out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wanted a short name that people would look retarded trying to abbreviate.

The only name that came to mind was a character from Phantasy Star III.

I picked my model Hume because it was the one that looked the least silly to me and most 'average' I guess.

Downsides to my name: When they see me on the search, they think:

1 - I'm a fan of Ayn Rand or my name is derived from that.
    2 - I'm female (..very funny exp story about that) since I also type properly.
    3 - People mix me up with Ant, a person on the same server from a different linkshell.

Upsides to my name:

Whenever my HP hits red, you'd be surprised at how many times I see "<person> starts casting Cure <#> on Ayn."

It's awesome.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Name - 100% entirely random. I often get confused for being Chinese or something but I'm british <_<

Nation - Windurst. I liked the whole natural magical utopia bit and Mithra too :D

Hume Male because I wanted my character online to be less of a character and more of a persona; an extension of myself. I chose the model most resembling myself for this reason too

I just randomly came up with the name, tho apparently its also a vietnamese last name lol...

I first made the char as a taru monk named Bhareck, decided I didn't like it so much, remade taru whm named Zhais and stuck with it. Back when I played Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, I would usually play the taru-like race (forgot the name) as named Bhareck.

Later on I made a galka mnk mule named bhareck, so oh well >.>

As a funny aside, my name also appears in UrbanDictionary.... friends used to replace curse words with my name for some odd reason, and one decided to submit it to UD. They accepted it lol -.-

Kaelia

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I chose the model most resembling myself for this reason too
    Hah, actually I did this too. At the time I started playing I had shoulder length brown hair in exactly the same cut as Hume F 3A. I was so disappointed she didn't have green eyes. The first few weeks I played I think I actually hated the model/thought it was ugly (lol). I'm glad I got over that and think she's pretty, otherwise I'd be miserable because I'm just that nitpicky.

Spoiler: show
    But that doesn't stop me from using PlasticSurgeon once in awhile, just to mix it up.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i chose Arthars because some idiot that i havent seen before in my life in FFXI chose Arthas, which is a dark knight in WC3

bastok because i like boring music in gustaberg as a lowbie...............actually its because my friend chose bastok before we start so we join him(and he quit after being a lvl 10 BLM, and leaving me in boring gustaberg)

its all about gustaberg man

as for race, hume male because im a male? and not other races because elvaan is fooking ugly unlike other game's elfs...taru is fat(but cute) and galka is disgusting.............

sorry for being racist....dont call GM on me pls. My cousin got 72 hrs banned for saying "Nigga" in dragon's aery

Name randomizer. Err, well, at least that's how it went for my first two names, Neejee and Kaparu. When I moved to Asura, I ganked the name of some annoying chick on KI because it sounded neat.

Wanted to be a BLM, and Brady told me that Taru were best at it.

Taru were from Windurst.

<_<

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster! <:D

I was looking for inspiration in an online japanese-english translator and found the word "nekura" which apparently means "dark-natured". I thought it was fitting since I was gonna play black mage! ^^;;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast