Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Einherjar: tips for a new LS

My ein LS had our first run tonight. It went okay, but could have gone better.

What advice can successful LSs give for a new LS?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

mix and match solid PTs like
    4 meripo safe-type PT(DDx3 WHM RDM BRD type)
    2 BLM PT(BLM/WHM x5 + BRD)

thats 36 people, pretty the best IF you have that amount of people.

can be scaled down to 2 meripo PT + 1 blm PT to pretty much win all wing 1 and 2 minimum.......

wing 3 is different league and perhaps you need to find 1 additional PT from the above to win consistently.

to win it the normal way, its all about setting up merit PT and BLM PT. If you wanna zerg, by all means try to but since your asking advice for a new ls, i will stop at 4 merit PT + 2 BLM PT recommendation.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Learn to trade lamps at a fast pace.

Someone breaks lamp -> Lamp Breaker -> Pt Leaders trade Lamp Breaker.
    Start bard rotation the second DD PT enters, even if some aren't all in.
    Make sure your bards, blm and rdms know how to sleep mobs.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you have easy mobs use 2 assists, i divide our shell into 2 even alliances.
    Just make sure you have them seperated so they dont eat eachothers aoe. This alone can save alot of time, then when thats going well, can rotate bards aswell.
    Ein is about trying to save a min here, a min there, will make alot of difference between winning and loseing when you get to higher tiers.

Wing I can be harder than other wings due to mob resisting sleep (skel/elementals etc) so don't give up to quickly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chain pull. Standing around for 10 secs waiting for next pull to come in may not seem like a big deal now, but when you time out with the boss at 5%, you'lll wish you had those 10 seconds back. Shit adds up quickly too. Minimize dead time.

Also, bring angon and dia 3. Bring plenty of bards and plenty of healing. Dead DDs do 0 damage.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Things really picked up for us once we started rotating BRDs between the 3 main DD parties for the entire run. Assuming you are not obscenely well geared, there will still be draws that will be problematic but there's no substitute really for repetition and experience.

I also agree with the dead DD = zero damage comment as well. I'd also add that making sure your BLMs temper their damage and not pull hate can also be key to a win. DDs chasing mobs to and fro = zero damage too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I just joined a shell myself and figured this would be an ok place to ask a couple of random ein questions.

1) With 3-4 rdm, 2-3 whm, and 3-4 bard there, should I even try to sleep anything when on blm? My ele seal sleepgas got 50% resists on bombs last night with standard enf gear and hq staff. Is this mob specific? Or should I leave the sleeping to rdm, whm, brd?

2) Our linkshell doesn't bring a ranger. I have rng and it just seems like one acid bolt would help more than my nuking on nq mobs. Do they proc ok on mobs? Would it be as helpful as in dynamis or should I just keep coming bard or blm?

Banned.

BG Level

Bombs are highly sleep resistant

do you take any thf's in? they can land acid bolts

One tip for the newer shell and member.

Many times BLMs will not have a huge roll to play, and it will seem like you are wasting your time having a BLM party.

BUT when you hit that one set of mobs where your brds and rdms cant sleep, and you need an ES Sleepga, you wont regret it. Or for some spicific bosses where having a -ga will be very useful.

Marid boss, -ga the adds that pop, Tier 3 ES Sleepga order for the Chair boss adds.

BLMs your best spell in Einherjar (and the game) is Stun. you can save a lot of damage, lot of time, and a lot of mp on the healers stunning an annoying/nasty TP move on a mob.

We Generaly run the setup as:

3x Melee burn parties (WHM BRD MNK WAR DRG (SAM or DRK))
    1x BLM party (BLM BLM BLM SCH COR WHM) We tend to run only 3 blms
    1x CS Stun party (RDM/drk x3, Mule x3) the RDM/Drks each are assinged to assist one of the 3 main parties, same with the BLMs.
    1x Puller/assist DD party (PLD/nin, WHM, BRD, xxx, xxx, xxx) PLD tends to pull clusters of mobs.

We dont rotate BRDs during the run, we have each party fight its own mob. so 3 mobs are being fought at the same time, we spread out so there is a Right, Center, Left party, this prevents over lapping AoE. Each Bard is responsible to pull mobs, but if there is a cluster of mobs the PLD pulls it to the center, and we pluck some off him.

1 BLM and 1 RDM support each party with Stuns and Debuffs, and extra sleeps.

Its pretty efficent, Tier Is you can clear all mobs before boss in about 5-10 mins depending on mobs. Even Tier III on a 4 wave run we usualy have 5-10 mins left for boss (if no Dragons -.-)

We do SV 3 BRD rotation on Boss, with 3 CS stunenrs going in order (3rd Cs stunner is basically a backup incase one CS stunenr dies/gets paralyzed etc.)

We also make all Melee /nin, All MNKs have Penance, all DRGs have Angon, all WARs have Tomahawk, All BRDs have NG + Trob.

After you have your setup and get people going, if this isnt a main shell where all the people are use to playing together, expect some time for adjustment. Einherjar much like salvage is an event where people need to get use to each other and how they play. Melee need to not be hate hogs, and bounce it easy. Pullers need to not die on pulls, and only get a as much as they can handle, if it looks nasty, make the Main Turtle puller get the cluster.

Expect some rough runs to start. Einherjar is a great event after your use to it, but its not somthing you jump into with a new group all that have never done it and just destroy easily.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Handful of smns can save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    Handful of smns can save the day.
    How many are you talking, and how do you use them?

(if your talking about the 18+ SMNs doing a SMN burn run then ingore me, I'm assumign you mean 2-4~)

BG Level

3-6 , burn them on a wave or two depending, highest amount of damage you can do since smn 2 hour isn't hindered by how many mobs it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    ...since smn 2 hour isn't hindered by how many mobs it hits.
    Neither is Cyclone! Daggers for everyone!

I find smns mostly useless in Einherjar Q.Q

Solid melee parties(whm, rdm, brd(swapping), meleeX3, with a few extra blms/tanks.

I think the SMN thing works fine on Tier I or so if you pull alll the mobs at once. But I dont think its very useful on Tier III where you may have 4 waves, and pulling everything at once can be a train wreck. After they blow thier 2hours, SMNs tend to be a lot of dead weight, espically on a boss fight, 1 BP = very little damage on a boss.

BG Level

Kind of makes up for lost time though if you clear a wave in under 2 mins afford to have 3-5 people only doing 1 BP every 50 seconds.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Make sure to have 2x DRG and 2x WAR for Angon and Tomahawk... really makes things go down quick.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I agree with Jimbobsonofgod. One SMN can easily make over 40k dmg with his 2Hours (AFs for 1250~ dmg each x 3 on 10~12 mobs) and more if there is a COR for Drachen Roll / mobs not strong to Dark (Fenrir's 2H with the double weather up to 1600~). Even if it's for 1 wave or 2 (sometimes we kills the first so fast that we can chain an other with 2Hours still rdy) the total of dmg (2Hours + normal BPs + lolavatardotmelee) done remains very good in an entire run.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

1 BLM party (mainly for sleeping duty, they also find/kill the random pop mob)
    1 WAR party (I keep 3 WARs together with one WHM, WARs voke everything and try to tank)(WARs also have Tomahawk rotation when needed)
    4 random DD parties (Have 2 Mandau THFs and a DRG in these(feint+angon), usually one DRK party and some BLUs and then random DD)

BRD+RDM in every party(blm party doesn't always get RDM), usually 2 WHMs as well. 2 RDMs sub /DRK as well, usually put them in the parties with the WHMs or BLM party so we don't have parties w/o Erase and ~na.

We swap BRDs throughout the entire run(2march,2min). BLM+BLU BRDs usually pull for us. Depending on the monsters we use dual assist as well, if we get gimp mobs like Imps, Demons, Ahriman, Flayers, etc.(usually a T3 thing)

The best thing for Einherjar is having clear leaders to bark out orders and strats and such on the fly. Since it's so random, you constantly need someone making sure everyone knows what to do. Once you get some experience and know what to do for every type of wave/boss, Einherjar is really easy. The only wave we have lost in like the last 4 months or so was because Hydra spammed Physical Shield and we timed out at like 40%(had 3 waves of mobs as well inc Moths which are the worst mobs imo).

I really don't see a need for SMNs. It's great you can kill off one wave in 2-3m or w/e but you lose out on those DD slots the rest of the time. We clear out T1/2 with 10m+ to spare, 90% of the time. Usually clear out T3 with 5m or so as well, unless we get some really nasty mobs like Moths.. Time is not really an issue once you get good, it's just a matter of people not screwing up badly.

At first I would work on just getting to know the mobs, how to sleep/pull them and how to beat the bosses.(we just css+sv zerg them all) After you get some confidence start working on BRD swap and dual assist and such. Once you start killing off some Odins, everyone and their mother shows up early to get in and you fill 90% of your runs.(don't forget to get 3 mules in every run for feather rotation!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast