+ Reply to Thread

Converting .cue/.bin to .mp4

So I just recently obtained a movie that I've wanted to see for awhile, and what I generally do is convert the file to .mp4 so I can watch it on my TV through my 360. I'm not too knowledgeable about these types of things, so I googled ".cue to .mp4", and found a link to a program called VCDGear. Supposedly it converts .cue to mpeg, but it isn't working on my particular file.

My question is, does anybody know about a program that might work better, or is there a more effective way in general for me to get the video working on my TV?

Thanks.

s-video out on your pc?

personally I use an old xbox, the original kind, software modded with xbmc (xbox media centre) which is able to play pretty much any format, even from ISO or inside zips/rars

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What sort of disc is the .cue file an image for (it's a CD image format, not a video format)? The 360 should be able to play VCDs if that's what it makes.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

.bin/.cue aren't video formats, they're a way of storing CD/DVD images with track information. You most likely have a movie on VideoCD discs, which you can burn and play on your Xbox directly. If you want actual files to transfer, you'll have to burn or mount the images, then use VCDGear to turn the .DAT files in the MPEGAV folder into .MPG files that you can send to your Xbox. I would AVOID converting to MP4 after that, because it'll just make the already-bad-quality video look even worse.