Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How do I get more efficient in salvage with this setup..

Ill try my best to remember all the 75 jobs of my core group but heres it goes

Me: WAR/NIN/THF/
    Tedwardian: BLM/SMN/THF/SAM
    Ignignot: MNK/THF/RDM *
    Sirjamesta: RDM/DRK *
    Clove: WHM/BST/RDM (merited)
    Leerhew: MNK/DRG *
    Buttehrs: MNK*

We dont have a lot of job flexibility.. and no bard so we cant sleep gears or anything. Im not counting the random members of my ls that come every other week.. but this is my core group that I work with from week to week.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Have someone level BRD. It's not that hard, and can be done pretty quickly. You look like the best option for that out of that list, but I also like to have a WAR on runs. Voke saves lives.

No BRD = Pain in Salvage.

honestly just find one, or have a member level it, since you can do it in a month, espically on an event you will be doing for years..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Last year I started to lvl brd and got it to 33 in no time. If I do lvl brd, I want to finish SAM AND PLD before I do that. Or at least get them both to 70

at the moment I do have a lot of gear in my MH, ML and storage and I dont think i have room for brd gear.. since I need a lot of chr gear to do lvl it

Quote Originally Posted by Zhero View Post
    Last year I started to lvl brd and got it to 33 in no time. If I do lvl brd, I want to finish SAM AND PLD before I do that. Or at least get them both to 70

at the moment I do have a lot of gear in my MH, ML and storage and I dont think i have room for brd gear.. since you literally can level it naked and nobody would care
    fixed

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

lol Darkmoon has it pegged.

Find a bard for the optimal setup.

Other than that I would go with this setup:
    (not sure what the asterisks were for)

Leerhew: MNK
    Buttehrs: MNK
    Me: WAR
    XXX: your new bard
    Sirjamesta: RDM
    Clove: WHM

Tedwardian: THF
    Ignignot: RDM

Apparently Hogie's lunch break was longer then mine!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Andri's recommended setup is close, but a RDM+THF party is a waste. The main party can easily cover healing for two extra melee. If your mages can't handle that, take a SAM/DNC. Either way though, get a bard.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
    Too bad it's you're.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You dont *need* a bard to do salvage..Its good to have one but you dont need it absolutely. Also you make it sound like only bard can sleep gears? It's not true, rdms are way better at sleeping than bard, light sleeps get lots of resists unlike dark sleep.

If you don't have either bard or cor though, you wont be able to do perfect runs, but you can still skip one NM and do boss, or skip boss and do all NMs...

I love you so much.

And yes, dont go w/o a brd. Salvage w/o a brd is about as good as a lvl 75 melee burn meripo w/o a brd.

Hell, I take 2 brds to salvage each run, and the occasions where we can only get one to come, it feels slow as fuck.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Apparently Hogie's lunch break was longer then mine!
    1hour lunch > 30min!

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hogie
    Fixed:

Too bad it's you're.
    haha woops, i knew i forgot to change something. MSPaint isnt very forgiving

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    You dont *need* a bard to do salvage..Its good to have one but you dont need it absolutely. Also you make it sound like only bard can sleep gears? It's not true, rdms are way better at sleeping than bard, light sleeps get lots of resists unlike dark sleep.

If you don't have either bard or cor though, you wont be able to do perfect runs, but you can still skip one NM and do boss, or skip boss and do all NMs...
    Without a BRD, Bhoot and Psycheflayer can be quite deadly. I suppose COR or BLU can dispel Icespike but getting a BRD will benefit your group more in long run.

Do not underestimate elegy, esp. if your tanks are still learning and don't have much salvage experience. 5mp/tic is just too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    Without a BRD, Bhoot and Psycheflayer can be quite deadly. I suppose COR or BLU can dispel Icespike but getting a BRD will benefit your group more in long run.

Do not underestimate elegy, esp. if your tanks are still learning and don't have much salvage experience. 5mp/tic is just too good to pass up.
    When we didn't have a brd we would just have mages spam paralyna (> more SJ farming, less boss killing etc) but it works

I guess we can expand this beyond Salvage.....

http://bl-ls.com/wl-ls/img/WL-Imgs/FFXIFlow.JPG

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

by the looks of it

Me: THF/
    Tedwardian: BLM/SMN/THF/SAM (would say SAM and BLM depending the run)
    Ignignot: THF
    Sirjamesta: RDM *
    Clove: WHM(merited)
    Leerhew: MNK *
    Buttehrs: MNK*

one of the 2 THF lv BRD and here you go!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mackerel View Post
    Andri's recommended setup is close, but a RDM+THF party is a waste. The main party can easily cover healing for two extra melee. If your mages can't handle that, take a SAM/DNC. Either way though, get a bard.
    Maybe true on the second melee party I threw in the extra rdm to provide cures and extra sleeps, helping the main healer, times like sleeping the line of 6 gears before chelonian.

The setup i proposed is very basic and should be modified per zone. For example if you arent fighting a boss (and if you have good players even if you are doing boss) I prefer 1 monk, 1 sam. We've had great success with Sam using polearm in several of the zones on gears and qutrubs. Switch to hagun on chariots and bosses, etc.

My usual setup is Monk, Sam, Sam, Thf, Brd, Rdm and a WHM riding solo in a second pt.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Neo's obsession with BRDs make me cry on PUP... they get ranged before me... QQ